Author Topic: Any idea how to get Seihou 1 working on Windows 7? (SOLVED, kinda)  (Read 2445 times)

Kuriz

• Flying Gatekeeper of no real significance
  • Watch out for my my Special Attack MOVE!
When I open it, it goes fullscreen and then crashes. D3DWindower doesn't work, tried compatibility mode and applocale just gave me the same results. Banshiryuu works just fine, though.

UPDATE: Tried Kioh Gyoku and it worked flawlessly as well! No settings or anything! I absolutely love Touhou 3 and this one's no different. It's like if EoSD was a Phantasmagoria and the stage bullets were actually threatening. Why does Shuusou have to so friggin' OlD!?

THE RETURN OF UPDATE'S REVENGE: I just had to put a shortcut to d3dwindower (Didn't need to actually use it either. I dunno how that works, but it did the trick) in the Shuusou folder and it worked, but not before launching it at least once with DirectDraw disabled. It works perfectly at 60fps and 8bit depth (Won't let switch to 16bit), BUT HERE'S THE CATCH: There's a glitch in both gameplay and the music room where music simply just doesn't play sometimes. I might make another topic regarding that issue.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 02:29:13 PM by Kuriz »

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Re: Any idea how to get Seihou 1 working on Windows 7?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:22:05 AM »
You best bet would be to use a virtual machine with Windows XP or something. Since it doesn't need a lot of resource, it'll probably run fine if the host (your computer) is somewhat decent.

Kuriz

• Flying Gatekeeper of no real significance
  • Watch out for my my Special Attack MOVE!
Re: Any idea how to get Seihou 1 working on Windows 7?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 05:51:16 AM »
You best bet would be to use a virtual machine with Windows XP or something. Since it doesn't need a lot of resource, it'll probably run fine if the host (your computer) is somewhat decent.

Oh, hell no. There's gotta be another way.