Author Topic: Current Open Source Unity3D Danmaku Engines  (Read 2399 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Current Open Source Unity3D Danmaku Engines
« on: July 31, 2017, 07:40:21 PM »
What are the current Unity3D Danmaku Engines that are open source and which of them are actively updated or *feature-complete*?

I'm developing a Touhou RPG which will have danmaku battles in addition to regular RPG battles in Unity3D and would like to use an engine for the danmaku battles.  Also, if anyone is interested in helping with the game send me a PM or find me on irc #shrinemaiden

james7132

• Sleepyhead Programmer
Re: Current Open Source Unity3D Danmaku Engines
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 09:43:52 PM »
I wrote DanmakU for Unity 5.2, but I have had zero interest in reviving it or updating it. Feel free to do with it what you want. There has been some recent interest in reviving it by several people, if you guys want to get together and recreate it, be my guest. The end goal was to create a Danmakufu like under-engine that provides highly granular control over individual elements, but also build on top of that a powerful declarative domain specific language for creating bullet patterns:

Code: [Select]
// Serialize MonoBehaviour fields for easy Editor configuration
[SerializeField]
DanmakuCircle circle;

[SerializeField]
DanmakuLine line;

[SerializeField]
DanmakuPrefab bullet;

void Awake() {
   // Composable pattern structure
   Fire(circle.Of(line).Of(bullet))
      // Parameterize the nature of how it should be fired
      .Towards(Player)
      // Further configure how it should be fired
     .Every(5.Seconds()).Until(spellcardOver);
}

There's definitely several danmaku/bullet hell packages on the Unity Asset Store, but they're not exactly free.

I am certainly interested in following the development of the fangame. Can't say I can help out with my current schedule.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2017, 09:55:01 PM by james7132 »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Current Open Source Unity3D Danmaku Engines
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 07:05:37 AM »
Thanks, I was planning to use DanmakU however I don't know how much work has to be done for it to be used similarly to EoSD or PCB.  I can code in C# which danmakU is made in so hopefully I can add components to it!  Like you said, if anyone else is interested in reviving the DanmakU engine please send me a PM too!