Author Topic: 四聖龍神録2. Sequel (?) to Hollow World of God  (Read 2314 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
四聖龍神録2. Sequel (?) to Hollow World of God
« on: July 25, 2017, 12:21:48 PM »
http://dixq.net/ryujin2/download.html Download
https://twitter.com/ryujinroku_2 Creator's twitter

Seems that there are planned updates.

Unless you unlock stuff after playing, seems that there is only one shot type.

It uses a LoLK-type chapter system, stages are divided in three parts with a midboss each, and (mid)bosses have non-spells and spell cards. After getting hit, you can restart from the chapter start, or from the boss' latest attack, if applicable.

Re: 四聖龍神録2. Sequel (?) to Hollow World of God
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 04:52:26 PM »
Heey so far so fun.  The patterns are pretty fresh and the game runs super smoothly here!

My only complaint is that holy sheibe, the player's hitbox is SO HUGE compared to touhou standards.  I'm actually having trouble dodging relatively-simple patterns because it feels like playing with shielded-reisen in LoLK

Re: 四聖龍神録2. Sequel (?) to Hollow World of God
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:51:51 PM »
"1.0" (now 1.01) has been out for a bit. Shi Seiryuujin Roku 2 or some variation, please! Still wanna know where "Hollow World of God" even came from. Some bugs, but I fear some are locale issues (even when you use Japanese locale)? The spell card save file keeps corrupting itself and the config program doesn't work, are these happening to anyone else? Laser Dress bug was just fixed though.

Boss 1 is ridiculously elaborate for a stage 1 boss and for a fairy, but I guess that's why she shows up again. Haven't bought that really expensive 50000 item yet!!!! Stage 7 isn't in the game yet, but the prologue is. Scary evil dragon!!!! Not sure if stage 6 and 7 will get Lunatic difficulties. Some basic things like replays and the scoreboards are missing too...

Continuing the ripoff thing, some props to people who don't just make fangames and actually try to make their own characters. Ryuujin's world is actually kinda weird, something about an unusual night/day balance creating "weird" magic-using humans and human-like youkai? Regarding Torchlight, that game was specifically designed to be Diablo without the Diablo name, because the developers were mostly ex-Diablo developers.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 02:58:04 PM by Despatche »