Author Topic: 東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy (COMPLETED VERSION AVAILABLE!!!)  (Read 8736 times)

東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy

Gamejolt Page
http://gamejolt.com/games/TouhouCamelot/272382

PlotMeet Frank and his friends; Livia, Casey, Robert, Ilana, and CB. One day, Robert wandered into an abandoned mansion in Cape Cod. Frank and his friends entered and found him, only to also find the ghost of John F. Kennedy. Now Frank and his friends are thrust into the world of Gensokyo, where things aren't turning up well. Between the disappearances of youkai, the construction of a highway in the Forest of Magic, and a Dunkin's. Frank has to team up with Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya to find the source of these oddities. As well as to find out who or what is Camelot?

FeaturesThe game will feature a day and night system, a quest system (so you can see what you need to do, and see any active sidequests), the game will most likely receive an update utilizing the Gamejolt API for achievements. A new party management system that allows for switching of party member mid battle. Yanfly Engine improves the standard RPG Maker MV core system and improves the battling system! This game features 76 different spell cards, a portion of which you have access to.

Screenshots:

I'm open to suggestions and questions!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:29:48 PM by Pergold »

Re: 東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2017, 03:37:23 PM »
Just gave it a title!

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2017, 09:19:07 PM »
Here are the playable characters:

(In order of appearance)
Frank
CB
Ilana
Livia
Reimu
Marisa
Sakuya

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 11:36:35 PM »
A touhou RPG, interesting. Did you make the touhou portraits yourself?

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 11:55:27 PM »
A touhou RPG, interesting. Did you make the touhou portraits yourself?

No, I found them a really long time ago and I forgot who made them exactly, I had to resize them all for RPG Maker MV.

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 11:57:30 PM »
Here's the importance of JFK's ghost

Spoiler:
JFK made a deal with Yukari that if he gives her humans to eat. In return, Yukari will help JFK turn Gensokyo into Massachusetts and have JFK be president for life.

Re: 東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy (Demo Available!)
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 10:33:50 PM »
http://gamejolt.com/games/TouhouCamelot/272382

Demo is now live! (Html version will be up shortly)

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »
Made a new banner for the game!

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2017, 11:11:41 AM »

New thumbnail for when you look it up on Gamejolt!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2017, 11:49:41 AM »
Pergold, I am fine with artists or thread starters bumping their own thread up in case of updates and news. However, I expect them to be valuable and/or important, such as a patch they released or a new script they made and so on.

Sadly, I am getting Twitter/Facebook like vibes from your posts which doesn't really fit in here. Consider re-evaluating your posting style.

« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 11:51:33 AM by Helepolis »

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2017, 04:08:00 PM »
Pergold, I am fine with artists or thread starters bumping their own thread up in case of updates and news. However, I expect them to be valuable and/or important, such as a patch they released or a new script they made and so on.

Sadly, I am getting Twitter/Facebook like vibes from your posts which doesn't really fit in here. Consider re-evaluating your posting style.

Sorry, I will try to improve my posting style.

Re: 東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy (NEW DEMO AVAILABLE!!!)
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 11:27:50 PM »
This is probably one the last times I'll bump this thread but:

Touhou: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy is complete.
This game has 15 sidequests, a madcap plot involving the ghost of JFK and the Massification of Gensokyo, over 70 spell cards (a portion of which you have access to via Reimu, Marisa, and Sakuya as party members). Which levels ranging from the Forest of Magic to Former Hell, to Youkai Mountain and even into Yukari's gap space. Of all the bosses, eight of them are Touhou characters. The game has a varied soundtrack from across numerous Touhou titles. There's even a Jontron cameo in there (with some lampshade hanging to go along with it).

I hope you all enjoy the full release of this game, I know I did.

Also, reguarding the Flandre Scarlet bossfight, I intentionally didn't test it for balancing so that Flandre can be extra tough (You can fight her in a sidequest after your trip to gap space).
The Conductor's Coat and Hat are still OP, but you have to tell various youkai "Stories" to get it in the Shining Time! sidequest
More sidequests will be added in further updates if demand is there (I'm also open for suggestions for added content)
If anyone asks me about unsolved plot threads (Like the disappearances), I'll explain them to you.
Yet ANOTHER sidenote: if you have trouble with a certain part of the game, contact me, I'll be glad to give you all sorts of tips and hints and whatnot, even the odd bugfix or two.

-Enjoy!  :)

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
Re: 東方: Eastern Camelot Conspiracy (COMPLETED VERSION AVAILABLE!!!)
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2017, 04:53:07 AM »
OK, I spent five hours pushing through this thing, and there are a LOT of bugs to report.

- Constant typos, most notably with your/you're confusion
- When entering the Great Youkai Forest early you get a cutscene with Reimu even if Reimu isn't in your party yet
- Speaking with Nitori after her boss fight (but before talking to Lily White) allows you to repeat the boss fight infinitely
- The Thomas scene with Koa is bugged - you end up talking to Tewi at the end instead, and it can be triggered repeatedly to get you the Conductor's gear ahead of schedule
- Eirin's prescription to Nitori is bugged - you can accept the quest repeatedly and then receive the reward repeatedly
- Eirin's prescription to Keine is bugged - the quest doesn't show up properly and you get a useless placeholder item called ------- Space as a reward
- Are you sure Sakuya has spellcards? I got her to level 18, and she didn't unlock a single one. Reimu and Marisa on the other hand already had four.
- You can't deactivate the security system at the UGC until you reach the locked door. [This isn't strictly a bug, but it's stupid and should not exist.]

And of course, there are the two major ones:
- The .exe version of this game is outright broken. Saving doesn't work, and the game crashes when you leave the options menu.
- Even if you play the HTML version - and I did, for five hours - the game abruptly ends after defeating Utsuho and shutting down the reactor, with text saying that it's still a demo.

I did not enjoy this game. Your comedy was weak and needlessly offensive at times (comparing human/youkai affairs to the Gaza Strip? Really?), the dungeon design was immensely obnoxious (AT LEAST LET ME BUY ENCOUNTER REDUCERS IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME BACKTRACK OVER AND OVER AGAIN) and there's a crippling lack of signposting for huge chunks of the game. Some of the Touhou sprites were nice, and I'd like to know where you got them in case I ever try to throw something together myself - except you didn't bother adding credits for where you got your assets. Above all though I am extremely mad about the fact you lied about it being finished. Even if this is a stupid bug you managed to miss (in which case DID YOU EVEN PLAYTEST THIS?) then I'd still probably have to play the whole game AGAIN once you've fixed it, and I don't think I'm willing to go through that.

tl;dr you stole five hours of my life and i am unhappy about this

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 12:47:12 AM »
OK, I spent five hours pushing through this thing, and there are a LOT of bugs to report.

- Constant typos, most notably with your/you're confusion
- When entering the Great Youkai Forest early you get a cutscene with Reimu even if Reimu isn't in your party yet
- Speaking with Nitori after her boss fight (but before talking to Lily White) allows you to repeat the boss fight infinitely
- The Thomas scene with Koa is bugged - you end up talking to Tewi at the end instead, and it can be triggered repeatedly to get you the Conductor's gear ahead of schedule
- Eirin's prescription to Nitori is bugged - you can accept the quest repeatedly and then receive the reward repeatedly
- Eirin's prescription to Keine is bugged - the quest doesn't show up properly and you get a useless placeholder item called ------- Space as a reward
- Are you sure Sakuya has spellcards? I got her to level 18, and she didn't unlock a single one. Reimu and Marisa on the other hand already had four.
- You can't deactivate the security system at the UGC until you reach the locked door. [This isn't strictly a bug, but it's stupid and should not exist.]

And of course, there are the two major ones:
- The .exe version of this game is outright broken. Saving doesn't work, and the game crashes when you leave the options menu.
- Even if you play the HTML version - and I did, for five hours - the game abruptly ends after defeating Utsuho and shutting down the reactor, with text saying that it's still a demo.

I did not enjoy this game. Your comedy was weak and needlessly offensive at times (comparing human/youkai affairs to the Gaza Strip? Really?), the dungeon design was immensely obnoxious (AT LEAST LET ME BUY ENCOUNTER REDUCERS IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE ME BACKTRACK OVER AND OVER AGAIN) and there's a crippling lack of signposting for huge chunks of the game. Some of the Touhou sprites were nice, and I'd like to know where you got them in case I ever try to throw something together myself - except you didn't bother adding credits for where you got your assets. Above all though I am extremely mad about the fact you lied about it being finished. Even if this is a stupid bug you managed to miss (in which case DID YOU EVEN PLAYTEST THIS?) then I'd still probably have to play the whole game AGAIN once you've fixed it, and I don't think I'm willing to go through that.

tl;dr you stole five hours of my life and i am unhappy about this

Thank you for telling that my game still had bugs to fix and I will fix them as soon as possible. I'm sorry if my game was really that shit, but thank you for telling that it is shit and I will keep this in mind for future releases. I still like to thank you for telling me your thoughts, its shows that cared about this game. I'm sorry that the comedy was weak and certain offense was made, again this is something I'll improve upon.

Sorry for wasting your time
-Pergold

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 05:11:10 AM »
OK, Pergold. Hell, I’m going to be upfront and call you Frank, since you’ve used your real name during a lot of your advertising.

To be honest, I wasn’t expecting your response. I’ve seen a lot of wannabe developers respond to criticism by doing a lot of yelling and denying everything. The fact you actually acknowledged and apologised for stuff is unusual and commendable. It takes a lot of courage to say you made a mistake.

I also want to say that as much as I complained about ECC earlier, there’s something about your game style that convinced me to try again. I spent this evening playing through the first games in your Legend of ZUN series, and I found them a lot more approachable than ECC. Not as ambitious, perhaps, but more polished. You have this unusual fusion of English culture and Japanese fandom that I’ve never seen anywhere else, and some of the stuff you worked into those games was really neat and got a good reaction out of me (In particular Airstrip One sort of blew my mind). You were very committed to the setup, and there were a lot of very neat references [the C5, Nolan’s work with Chuck’E’Cheese, and so on].

That said, I do still feel there are a lot of places that need polishing in future titles.

- First and foremost, you DEFINITELY need to do more playtesting and spellchecking. Legend of ZUN was a lot more stable than ECC was, but it was still full of spelling errors and missing words in sentences – and after an hour of beating down LoZ2's final boss to no avail, I’m convinced the fight is bugged somehow. (EDIT: I did manage to beat it in a second attempt, but it had an inordinate amount of HP compared to everything else in the game and still took nearly an hour.)
It’s not a fun or glamorous thing to do, I know. But you need to get someone else’s eyes on the game to see the problems you’re too close to notice. I feel like you might rush too hard to get games out the door without giving them the attention they need. To quote Shigeru Miyamoto – A delayed game is good eventually, but a rushed game is bad forever.

- Second, I feel like the game balance may need some tweaking. In all the games I played, magical attackers quickly became the only role that mattered. Physical attacks just couldn’t keep up, and it started to become a gag that people like Vasilios couldn’t pull their weight.
More obviously, the encounter rates felt far too high. I spent large chunks of the game just running from fights because the rewards were inconsequential and I just wanted to get to the end of the dungeon. You had the right idea with adding Encounter Decreasers in ECC, but the fact you can’t actually buy them by hand meant they felt too precious to actually use.

- Third – as I said before, your choice of humour was at times very questionable. Again ECC was the worst for this with the aforementioned Gaza Strip joke and some off-colour comments about Yukari abusing Ran, but there was also a lot of underlying attacks about SJW culture. Hell, you made Anita Sarkeesian the backstabbing final boss of Legend of ZUN 2.
I understand that attacking Anita Sarkeesian and them durn SJWs is a trendy and cool thing to do on the internet nowadays, but there are actual people on the other end of the screen who you’re hurting. I can tell you that I have recently started to identify as agender after a lot of questioning and experimentation, so all your joking comments about weak cisgender minds hit me rather close to home.
You seem like a decent enough guy, and I want to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you just threw that stuff in because it seemed like a funny meme. But please, either do some research on these topics before you write in these offensive stereotypes or just avoid the matter entirely.
EDIT: Having seen the ending of LoZ2 and the fact you portrayed social justice as cultural Marxism, I would definitely suggest watching some videos on the topic. Here's some content for you to look at from one of my favourite Youtubers on the subject. (Swearing and stuff, as a warning.)

I hope my previous comment hasn’t upset you too much. I think you have a lot of potential as a developer, and there were little moments of brilliance to be found in everything you’ve made. I just think that you need to put more work into harnessing those positives and ironing out the less-impressive parts.

-Finn
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 02:52:26 PM by FinnKaenbyou »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2017, 09:32:29 PM »
Hopefully a double post is okay, just want to make sure this gets seen after the whole security certificate thing.

So I finished the game, and for the sake of completion I thought I'd mention a few more bugs I found.

- First off, offline saves still don't work. Going to the options menu and back crashes the game with the following message:
"UnknownError
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir '[game location]/www/save'"
In other words, it's looking for a folder in the game directory called www, and then inside THAT folder for a folder called save. That's where the offline version stores their saves. Adding these folders in causes saves to work normally, but based on the www naming this can't be the intended offline behaviour.

- Second, I found another game breaking bug. If you accept Eirin's delivery to Nitori before you fight Nitori in-story, you never get the option to fight her and the game becomes unfinishable. Most obvious workaround is for Eirin not to offer the Nitori delivery until after the boss fight is finished.

Other minor notes:
- ?Gensokyo, Assemble!? quest does not complete upon recruiting Sakuya
- Chest in the room before the Rumia fight is unreachable
- Nitori can still be challenged repeatedly by talking to her again right after the fight (but before talking to Lily White)
- Great Youkai Forest 2 has no encounters when entered from Nitori?s house
- The ladders between floors 3 and 4 in the defense tower lead to the wrong exits
- Sakuya STILL has no spellcards. Why is this?

General suggestions:
- Some areas feel like they really need a fast travel option on the way back. The most obvious nomination is Former Hell - on the way out you have to walk through the reactor, the palace, the Former Hell, and the entire trip down Youkai Mountain.
- There are a few points in the plot where the way forward is really unclear, even reading the quest descriptions. With the trip to Yukari's house there's no obvious indication that Komachi will get you a boat, and it's possible the player doesn't even remember that Komachi's hanging around the shrine. Former Hell is even less obvious - the teleporter you have to use is both unmarked and at the end of a long dungeon (Youkai Mountain) you have no apparent reason to go back to.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 03:30:29 PM »
Hopefully a double post is okay, just want to make sure this gets seen after the whole security certificate thing.

So I finished the game, and for the sake of completion I thought I'd mention a few more bugs I found.

- First off, offline saves still don't work. Going to the options menu and back crashes the game with the following message:
"UnknownError
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir '[game location]/www/save'"
In other words, it's looking for a folder in the game directory called www, and then inside THAT folder for a folder called save. That's where the offline version stores their saves. Adding these folders in causes saves to work normally, but based on the www naming this can't be the intended offline behaviour.

- Second, I found another game breaking bug. If you accept Eirin's delivery to Nitori before you fight Nitori in-story, you never get the option to fight her and the game becomes unfinishable. Most obvious workaround is for Eirin not to offer the Nitori delivery until after the boss fight is finished.

Other minor notes:
- ?Gensokyo, Assemble!? quest does not complete upon recruiting Sakuya
- Chest in the room before the Rumia fight is unreachable
- Nitori can still be challenged repeatedly by talking to her again right after the fight (but before talking to Lily White)
- Great Youkai Forest 2 has no encounters when entered from Nitori?s house
- The ladders between floors 3 and 4 in the defense tower lead to the wrong exits
- Sakuya STILL has no spellcards. Why is this?

General suggestions:
- Some areas feel like they really need a fast travel option on the way back. The most obvious nomination is Former Hell - on the way out you have to walk through the reactor, the palace, the Former Hell, and the entire trip down Youkai Mountain.
- There are a few points in the plot where the way forward is really unclear, even reading the quest descriptions. With the trip to Yukari's house there's no obvious indication that Komachi will get you a boat, and it's possible the player doesn't even remember that Komachi's hanging around the shrine. Former Hell is even less obvious - the teleporter you have to use is both unmarked and at the end of a long dungeon (Youkai Mountain) you have no apparent reason to go back to.

Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you in a while. I like that have given the Legend of ZUN series a try and that seemed to be of more sound quality than this game (which I have begun to joke around by calling this my "Sonic '06"). I will fix these issues in due time and release an update. In the case of fast traveling out of dungeons, how about I give Frank a skill that allows you to teleport out of dungeons a la Phantasy Star? I will also try to make things a little more obvious. But since I have some other projects (such as making content for my new YouTube channel and writing a fanfic), the update may not come [ir]right[/] away. But thanks for telling me about these issues and if you want, I can credit you.

EDIT: In RPG Maker MV, when your making the classes, you're supposed to add the types of groups of skill that can be accessed (Magic, Skill, and in this case, Spell Cards). Turns out I forgot to make Spell Cards accessible, her spell cards are added, you just can't use 'em. But I'm working on the game as I'm editing this post.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 03:45:55 PM by Pergold »

FinnKaenbyou

• Formerly Roukanken
  • blub blub nya
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 05:22:07 PM »
A dungeon teleport spell would probably help a lot, yeah. And it's your call whether or not you credit me, I don't really mind :V

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 08:12:32 PM »
A dungeon teleport spell would probably help a lot, yeah. And it's your call whether or not you credit me, I don't really mind :V
Just finished uploading the update. BTW Frank learns "Ryuka" at level 2 and the skill is disabled during the Gap Space level so at to not sequence break. You don't have to play it, but I'm just letting you know that I fixed some more issues. Also YOU CAN NOW SAVE ON WINDOWS!

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2018, 10:51:11 AM »
This probably qualifies as necroposting, but I don't want to create a second thread just to criticize.

I downloaded the version from Gamejolt, so if I downloaded the incorrect version do please inform me where I can find the updated one.

The game continues to crash when you leave the options menu. The error message reads "UnknownError
Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\Games\www\save\config.rpgsave'"

This seems to be the exact same issue FinnKaenbyou mentions in their very first criticism of your game.

You apologized, and seem to have done work to resolve some of the issues. However, this issue, which, as I already stated, was brought to your attention by FinnKaenbyou's first bit of feedback, does not seem to have been one of the issues resolved.

To be quite blunt, I'm somewhat disturbed by what I've seen so far, especially since I haven't even began to play the game yet.

I'll edit my post when I do.