Author Topic: Splatoon 2: Your new octopus wife is here  (Read 21973 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: Splatoon 2: Your new octopus wife is here
« Reply #60 on: June 14, 2018, 05:04:26 PM »
Oh, the Octo Expansion is out?

...OH GLUB, THE OCTO EXPANSION IS OUT! I better grab it then...Oh, and the new Amiibo too I guess.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #61 on: June 14, 2018, 05:27:33 PM »
Wait, are the new Amiibo out? I don't think they are, are they? I checked and I couldn't find them or any evidence of them anywhere.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2018, 05:12:41 AM »
Well, I saw pictures of them, but it might be a while until they actually come out. Still want to get them, though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2018, 04:33:36 AM »
Alright, I 100% cleared Octo Expansion. It is great, play it. The soundtrack is incredible, it's challenging but fair, the last boss is super silly and fun (and does not in any way involve DJ Octavio, it's a completely new character and battle), and Off The Hook and Captain Cuttlefish get a lot of fun characterization.

Spoiler:
Unless I missed some lore, it seems to be canon that every single one of the 10,007 test subjects that went through the Deepsea Metro trials before you died, which is pretty surprising for Splatoon. And many of them got liquefied by a giant blender, which is unexpectedly grisly. I fully expected a cutscene after the secret boss where all of the test subjects who were killed get reconstituted somehow which would explain why there's a whole army of Octolings in Inkopolis all of the sudden and not just two, but all you get for beating the (extremely difficult) secret boss is a plain accessory.

That's my main complaint about the whole experience honestly,
Spoiler:
the anticlimactic secret boss.
. Small issue though. Everything else is excellent.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2018, 11:43:35 PM »
Is it necessary to beat the S2 main story to understand the Octo Expansion's plot?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2018, 11:50:47 PM »
Uh... Unless I'm forgetting something, no. There's only one small fragment from a Sunken Scroll that's especially relevant and you can extrapolate it from the plot of Octo Expansion. Specifically Sunken Scroll 2, which can easily be found online. The plot from the first game is more relevant, but presumably you already know how that goes.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2018, 02:28:58 AM »
Uh... Unless I'm forgetting something, no. There's only one small fragment from a Sunken Scroll that's especially relevant and you can extrapolate it from the plot of Octo Expansion. Specifically Sunken Scroll 2, which can easily be found online. The plot from the first game is more relevant, but presumably you already know how that goes.
I saw an LP of that and grabbed SS2 at some point, so I'll have to take another look at that. Thanks!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
The Marina and Marina's Friend Amiibos are out. They let you cosplay as Marina. Or Marina's Friend if you wanted to do that for some reason. Irony, I guess.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
Excellent!

...Except I'm so engrossed in Path of Exile atm that I can't spare time to play the Octo Expansion. Also...The heat is killing my desire to LP it for my friends. orz

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2018, 08:37:18 PM »
So I finally sat down and tried the Octo Expansion, and...It's hard! @w@;; I'm stuck on the first big Octostamp DX level though...Is there a way to stay on these things without getting thrown off to your death? I don't feel like these things were playtested well enough.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2018, 08:52:57 PM »
Just gotta go fast from what I remember. But you can always just go do something else and come back later if you get stuck. Maybe try a different weapon.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 07:44:20 PM »
Just gotta go fast from what I remember. But you can always just go do something else and come back later if you get stuck. Maybe try a different weapon.
I got it down after a few tries. Still felt a bit more awkward than it should have been, though.

The final stretch was kinda fun once I figured out you needed to follow the pufferfish.