Author Topic: What is your opinion on MinusT Danmaku battles videos?  (Read 3440 times)

What is your opinion on MinusT Danmaku battles videos?
« on: August 01, 2017, 03:52:01 PM »
For those that are unaware, MinusT is a producer who has already made 5 danmaku battles, all with amazing coreography and fluidness. He has just finished releasing his newest video, Subterrean Stars featuring Marisa vs Utsuhu and it looks rather creative  :3
I will link to his channel in case you guys are interested in checking out some of his content  :3
https://www.youtube.com/user/0minusT
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Re: What is your opinion on MinusT Danmaku battles videos?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 09:34:26 PM »
I enjoy his work a lot, but I do wish he did something new instead of danmaku videos. It'll be cool if he did some slice of life video.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 02:27:36 AM »
They're awesome! I like to think of them as being as close as you can get to how Danmaku fights in Gensokyo actually look like. Ocean Of Lazers is how i'd describe it.

Not really a fan of "Humans Vs. Yukari", however, its not bad, its just kind of weak compared to the others in my opinion because of the anti-climatic ending. Also Sakuya's knife orb things were weird. Thankfully, Marisa vs Okuu made for it in spades. I'm looking forward to the Koishi fight.

I also recommend ImpluseJP's "Touhou Dogfight" (Which made before MinusT's videos) as another cool 3d animation of a Touhou boss fight. It's just as awesome as Minus', aside from the models and graphics looking like an late PS1 game.

............Now i kinda wanna play a 3d Touhou game on the Playstation.

(Wait, shouldn't this be in the Recovery Center section?)
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 12:53:26 AM »
What is your opinion on MinusT Danmaku battles videos?
Impressive from a technical standpoint, but stuff like Touhou Dogfight has better choreography. Sometimes less is more, y'know?

I think Reimu vs Remilia might be my favorite work of his - it feels like a tense battle for both fighters, and the music syncs well with the action.

He interprets most spellcards very literally, just multiplied out to a 3D plane, and that doesn't always translate well. It can work for a character like Yuyuko, but often it ends up confusing or feels more like a fireworks display than a conversation between the two fighters. I dunno, maybe SFX and voices would help?

EDIT: Which reminds me, I had a thread on how to render characters' fighting styles a while back.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:04:38 AM by Prime32 »