Author Topic: TH5 Extra Ending Credits Freezes with Complete English Patch Pack?  (Read 1688 times)

I just beat Ex-Alice for the first time in Mystic Square a few days ago, but then on ending credits, the screen displays a whole bunch of garbled characters, then proceeds to get white stripes all over the screen until it's nearly completely white. And then it just freezes (feels horrible to happen on my first clear...) I'm using the complete English patch pack in https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=13903.0 and have already tried several things, including changing clock settings to 32x and repatching twice, but eventually just decided to do some extensive isolation testing on the files in the patch. And I've narrowed it down to MAINE.EXE (either that or the content it calls on) being the culprit. When I apply everything in the th5 patch except that, and use an original MAINE.exe instead, the ending credits roll without freezing.

Problem is, then the stats screen after it are in Japanese instead of English. Does anyone else have this freezing ending credits problem with the English patch, and would one of the creators or someone familiar with all this please tell me how to fix this? I really really don't want to record a half translated replay like this, and then need to repatch everytime I switch between playing the main game and extra stage. I use Neko Project fmgen as my emulator, and have tested and reproduced the same issue on both the latest version and that alternate version with better performance, as well as T98 Next, so it doesn't seem like the emulator is causing it. The character I used to clear the stage was Mima. And if needed, I can take a screenshot of the white glitched screen (it'd just require me to beat the extra stage AGAIN, for like the what, 20th time now? D:)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:15:31 AM by Patric20878 »