Author Topic: How did you get into Touhou?  (Read 13735 times)

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
Re: How did you get into Touhou?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2017, 06:01:49 AM »
     My first touch with Touhou regardless if I knew the context was a Black MIDI of Shanghai Teahouse, It was such a good melody I loved but I didin?t know where it came from. I think my first touch with context was a video about Black MIDI where it mentioned that Black MIDIs mostly came from Touhou songs.

Eventually my second time was an Eric Van Wilderman Video playthough of PCB Extra. I was astonished by the difficulty and the video kept me tense. I think I also saw some playthroughs of Stage 1 - 6 but I?m not sure. My first touch with a Modern Touhou game was a compilation of ISC No Item run. I was blown away at the quality of the game compared to PCB, It was so Goodlooking with amazing Danmaku.

But what finally got me into the Fandom and the Touhou Craze was RobinLSL?s playthough of TD. Because I didn?t see a new Touhou video for a long time I was again blown away at it?s quality and graphics. I especially liked Miko?s aura and absolutely amazed me at her music drop. It was at a time where I has the Flu so I was on the tablet for the day.

It?s what got me researching Touhou and getting me into this Fandom. And i?m Glad I did. Cheers.
Let's start again

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2017, 01:57:34 AM »
I found out about touhou because of my exposure to the IOSYS songs and some flash gaames (Hopping Tenshi and Fla-Fla-Flan). Then I found the Touhou wiki and started reading all the pages on that site, then I played the demo for Ten Desires, the rest is history

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2017, 06:59:58 AM »
I first discovered Touhou in the spring of 2009, but didn't really get into it at all back then. Later that fall, I was browsing the Ice Climbers "social thread" on Smashboards when I saw a link to Kefit's SA Stage 6 LNMNB video. I watched it and thought everything looked and sounded amazing, and I wanted to try the game for myself. I got SA shortly after that, and the rest is history.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2017, 03:56:28 PM »
I listen to the music first (or rather...I listen to the meme first), then after that, I started to play the game before I go to college.

myon

• Excellence
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 07:28:34 PM »
Started playing Touhou at the end of middle school, and carried it over to high school as a means to kill time during downtime between projects. That, along with Dwarf Fortress. Ended up getting immersed in the universe and the massive fandom around it.

I easily get obsessed with new shows, games, animes and comics, but Touhou has always been a consistent source of joy for me. The fandom in particular gives me life with all the crazy amounts of content they produce.