Author Topic: Running Original Japanese EOSD doesn't work on Win 7 even with applocale  (Read 6295 times)

I Ran The game And this Message popped up even With Applocale     https://i.imgur.com/JF3fdBz.png    I'm using Windows 7 Service Pack. i tried already with admin but nothing. Help??
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 11:44:27 PM by felipe »

Please Answer. I don't want to Bump.

Rename the game directory to one that doesn't contain any non-english characters (Japanese. accents, etc.) and try again.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Nope. Didn't work. was already English. here's the Folder.    that ".OLD" was because i installed ultra and i want to play EOSD ultra.

You're positive there are no non-English characters in the directory? If your Windows username contains non-English characters and you keep EoSD in your user folder (e.g. Desktop, Documents), that might also cause issues and you'll need to move EoSD somewhere else like the root of the C:\ drive.
Also make sure that EoSD in in a place where it can write its savefile (e.g. not Program Files).

Does the English-patched exe work ok?
Reinstall EoSD and try to launch the Japanese exe without the Ultra patch. Then reapply the Ultra patch and try again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:09:27 AM by shockdude »
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

Yes. The english patch works perfectly.

And you tried reinstalling the game and all?

What is the full directory path of EoSD? Easiest way to get this is to hold the Shift key and right-click the game exe, click "Copy as Path", and paste.

Yes. Same. Fucking. Error. even without ultra.

also "C:UsersuserDesktopTouhou 06 The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil   h06.exe"

sucks.
also "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Touhou 06 The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil\th06.exe"
if your "user" contains non-english characters, including accented characters, then EoSD won't work. Regardless, move the game to something like "C:\Touhou 06 The Embodiment of Scarlet Devil", just to be completely sure. You can tru moving it back to your Desktop once you get it working.

Your .DAT files have different names than mine. Your .DAT files are prefixed with ?????g???? (e.g. ?????g????CM.DAT), while mine just look like CM.DAT. Is that how the files looked after a fresh install, or is that an ultra patch thing?

Beyond that I don't have any other ideas, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 07:38:18 AM by shockdude »

Drake

Is that how the files looked after a fresh install, or is that an ultra patch thing?
This is how EoSD should look on a fresh install, for reference.

Basically they are not installing the game properly, which gives them the garbled filenames. Using ?????g????.exe on purpose is for tricking stuff like vpatch that wants a filename match, but having the data and config files named this way will cause them to be loaded incorrectly and it will detect it as corrupted data (incidentally, the main reason for this error message is from corrupted data on install).

It's possible that just renaming the files to the correct names (東方紅魔郷.exe, etc) will fix the problem, otherwise you'll have to reinstall properly.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Drake

pls respond

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -