Author Topic: I cannot run Touhou 6 on Windows 10, could on Windows 8  (Read 12202 times)

I cannot run Touhou 6 on Windows 10, could on Windows 8
« on: June 17, 2017, 11:54:04 PM »
Ok so when I had Windows 8, I could run Touhou 6 all fine and dandy. So for some years had a falling out with my interest with Touhou and in between that time and when I got back into it, I upgraded to Windows 10. Now, when I try to launch Touhou 6, the game actually starts up, nothing on the screen moves beyond the little white screen at the beginning. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with Direct X 12 on my PC because Touhou 6 runs on Direct X8 and Windows removed the binaries for it in 10 for some reason, but how would I go about getting Direct X 8 on my PC, I can't just download the installer, my PC won't let me just install it. I tried looking through my updates to find the update from before they removed the DX8 bianaries, but I didn't upgrade to 10 until after that update.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: I cannot run Touhou 6 on Windows 10, could on Windows 8
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 10:16:59 AM »
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#DX8_to_DX9_converter

Do make sure that you have DirectX9 before trying this.

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 07:07:07 PM »
Thanks it worked.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 01:57:37 PM »
https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Game_Tools_and_Modifications#DX8_to_DX9_converter

Do make sure that you have DirectX9 before trying this.

Grabbed DirectX9 put the files for that in the folder and it's still not wanting to play ball with either AppLocale or LocaleSwitch

It has the Vsynch patch on but that used to work properly.

So still confused

With the others using that they hang for a little bit before starting. EoSD just sits there on the first frame with the music playing.

Edit: It seems tied to the Vsynch patch. No clue how to fix that one though.  While PCB's V-synch patch is still working right.

So EoSD won't run windowed (ripped out VSync patch) but runs full screen. Trying to switch to windowed from full screen causes a hard lock and makes things get BIZZARE and will need to restart computer to fully fix things.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2017, 11:28:37 AM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent