Author Topic: E3 2017 dreams and reactions  (Read 23675 times)

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
Re: E3 2017 dreams and reactions
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 02:25:46 AM »
speaking of golden sun, it just occurred to me that I find it really surprising that no other rpg games have really taken what golden sun did for their own games. I mean the whole mind read npcs thing. It really made the menial unimportant npc chatter in town so much more enjoyable and I wish more rpgs would implement it. Half the npcs in town if you have to. I'd rather have half as many interesting npcs than double uninteresting ones.
Yeah. The only other games I can think of that had similar aspects were Wild Arms 3 and Lufia 2 for the SNES. Even Persona 5 has a fair bit of jumping around and puzzle solving. I guess no one picked up on this puzzle solving gameplay because it drew out the dungeons too much? I dunno. I would love to see a game that brings these puzzles back, they help break up the dungeon crawling.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 06:48:56 AM »
I'm hoping for info on Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED's next game.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 07:32:40 AM »
I'm hoping for info on Cyberpunk 2077, CD Projekt RED's next game.

Is that based off the Cyberpunk 2020 RPG? Because that'd be pretty hype.

I want to see Konami announce a Legend of the Mystical Ninja pachinko machine.

« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 11:19:54 AM »
Kingdom Hearts 3 got a trailer!  The trailer uses the Japanese voice actors, but it shows off the game and you don't miss much.

Quoting gamespot
But the most interesting part of this trailer is that it's not part of Sony or Microsoft's press conferences. Instead, Square Enix chose to run the spot during a Kingdom Hearts concert that took place on Saturday night. Since the next new bit of information isn't coming until D23, that means we likely won't see any more of the game at E3.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:21:32 AM by dosboot »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 11:30:56 AM »
TotalBiscuit summarizes EA's conference so you don't have to sit through it all.

(So very, very missable and nigh-unwatchable without TB's snarking over it.)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:37:35 AM by Aya Reiko »

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 02:43:43 PM »
TotalBiscuit summarizes EA's conference so you don't have to sit through it all.

(So very, very missable and nigh-unwatchable without TB's snarking over it.)

(footage of someone driving a car very poorly)

"They hired Polygon to demonstrate this game."

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 10:46:57 PM »
Assassin's Creed: Egypt
Life is Strange 2
Ori 2

Microsoft did pretty well this time
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:13:01 PM by CyberAngel »

« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 10:51:51 PM »
Microsoft had a very good conference, they almost exclusively just showed trailers and demos.  Scorpio is called "Xbox One X", which isn't a complete disaster for a name, and will cost $500.

They also announced at the end that they would be bringing original Xbox (!!) backward compatibility.  No specific list of games just yet though.  (Edit: other than Crimson Skies which was mentioned on stage)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 11:04:01 PM by dosboot »

Tea Devil

• wowee!! ♥
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
They also announced at the end that they would be bringing original Xbox (!!) backward compatibility.

4k wrath of cortex here we go

In seriousness, what they showed off wasn't too bad. Not going to bite at that price tag, but it seems like they have a solid lineup and nothing awfully cringe-inducing happened. Anthem actually looks nice, as long as Bioware has learnt its lesson. Could have done with 75% less Minecraft tho.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 11:01:48 PM »
Scorpio is called "Xbox One X", which isn't a complete disaster for a name

"We really like the letter X, okay?" - almost literally what they said.

« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 11:06:03 PM »
At the very least, they created consistency with the name "Xbox One S".  It also establishes a naming upgrade path they can work with in the future, sort of like how graphics cards are named with silly numbers and letters at the end.  (I hope that won't be for a long time though.)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 11:32:52 PM »
(footage of someone driving a car very poorly)

"They hired Polygon to demonstrate this game."

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

My boys!

That's my TRUE E3 wish: Car Boys The Movie.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2017, 12:43:16 AM »
goku, thou

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2017, 12:57:42 AM »
My boys!

That's my TRUE E3 wish: Car Boys The Movie.

Uuuuuuuh.........did you not get the joke?

It was referring to this bad video that POLYGON did on doom where it looks like the guy playing it hasnt played a game before.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2017, 01:16:52 AM »
goku, thou

Are you talking about that Arc Systems fighting game?

I've never seen Dragon Ball, I don't really care about Dragon Ball, but unless that turns out really badly I will absolutely play it.

Uuuuuuuh.........did you not get the joke?

It was referring to this bad video that POLYGON did on doom where it looks like the guy playing it hasnt played a game before.

Apparently not!

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2017, 01:25:22 AM »
Are you talking about that Arc Systems fighting game?

I've never seen Dragon Ball, I don't really care about Dragon Ball, but unless that turns out really badly I will absolutely play it.

I absolutely am. That looks absolutely amazing and holy hell I am loving the ridiculous Dragonball Renaissance that is happening.

IT LOOKS SO PRETTY I AM SO HAPPY AND IT'S MOSTLY LIKE, BASE CREW, NO 'REMEMBER FRIEZA SOLDIER X' STUFF? LIKE

DAMN, IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD GAME.
Apparently not!

Strangely, Polygon was supposed to be a review website and -not- a comedy youtube channel.

They're actually really bad at their main job and should probably just be full-time entertainers.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2017, 02:00:03 AM »
The DBZ ArcSys fighter will be good, because it's ArcSys, and it's Guilty Gear Xrd graphics. Also, it's 3v3, so RIP to Marvel vs Capcom Infinite lmao

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2017, 02:00:31 AM »
I absolutely am. That looks absolutely amazing and holy hell I am loving the ridiculous Dragonball Renaissance that is happening.

IT LOOKS SO PRETTY I AM SO HAPPY AND IT'S MOSTLY LIKE, BASE CREW, NO 'REMEMBER FRIEZA SOLDIER X' STUFF? LIKE

DAMN, IT'S GONNA BE A GOOD GAME.

It's based on the excellent new Guilty Gear engine that's unfortunately wasted on Guilty Gear games isn't it?

I've got a lot of friends who love Dragon Ball but don't like fighting games, and a bunch of friends who like fighting games but don't like Dragon Ball. This will unite us.

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2017, 03:42:37 AM »
Assassin's Creed: Origins was one of the more interesting titles for me in the Xbox press conference.  I haven't played AC at all, and this is the first one since the original where I've been this interested in doing so.  The combat also looked better than I expected, and I've been hearing people say it looks revamped compared to previous games although it'd be hard to say right now.

Anthem was also fully unveiled.  I dig the setting but wish it wasn't shaping up to be a Destiny-like.

Anyone here hyped for Cuphead?  It is finally coming out this fall, for real this year.  It seems like the kind of game that might be my speed but I'm not grabbed by the art style (scandalous!) or the glimpses we've periodically seen so I'm still waiting for a reason.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:44:31 AM by dosboot »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2017, 04:44:29 AM »
New from Bethesda--

The Evil Within II
A Dishonored 2 Expansion or Expandalone, not sure which
Wolfenstein II (WANT!)

Drake

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2017, 04:46:10 AM »
I've got a lot of friends who love Dragon Ball but don't like fighting games, and a bunch of friends who like fighting games but don't like Dragon Ball. This will unite us.
budokai tho

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2017, 05:31:35 AM »
A balanced fighting game with the potential to be at EVO.

It's based on the excellent new Guilty Gear engine that's unfortunately wasted on Guilty Gear games isn't it?
Fite me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2017, 05:40:12 AM »
budokai tho

A solution that has historically pleased neither party.

Fite me.

Yeah, I'm just being bitchy, Guilty Gear is fine. It's just always felt weird to me. I don't know if it's a little too slow or a little too heavy or something, but I can't ever quite manage to get it to click. And the character designs do lean toward "ass-ugly early-to-mid-00s overdesigned" for my taste, but I can certainly see why a lot of people like them.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2017, 05:06:22 PM »
PC Showcase Time...

XCOM2 War of the Chosen Expansion

Ooblets -- Looks like a Sims clone

BattleTech -- WANT!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:19:40 PM by Aya Reiko »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2017, 05:15:58 PM »
The Microsoft conference was surprisingly good. I'm not that crazy about the XBOX ONE X, but the games they revealed...Super Lucky's Tale, Ori 2, and CUPHEAD AT LONG LAST. So glad I picked up an Xbone earlier this year at Costco.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2017, 05:33:49 PM »
Total War Warhammer 2 -- Not much to see here...
Shadowverse -- Another CCG, but with an anime-style.

Intel's showcase -- nothing to see here.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:40:23 PM by Aya Reiko »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2017, 06:04:14 PM »
This is the 4th Shadowverse Expansion :V

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2017, 06:05:01 PM »
Hopefully that should put the Last Night controversy to bed.  It won't, but I can hope.  Game looks super great.

« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2017, 06:15:55 PM »
Doom VFR, a VR game based on Doom 2016, was revealed yesterday.  It appears to be a new side game (not a VR version of the 2016 campaign), and it is controled using teleportation and stationary shooting. 

I've never been jazzed for VR (whether right now or down the road), but it does look kinda neat for a VR shooter.  The trailer makes the teleportation look more kinetic and dynamic.

What's the F stand for you might ask?  It is whichever "F" you care to use in "BFG".

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2017, 06:33:53 PM »
Summarizing the PC Conference...

https://youtu.be/CXC54bpolHA