Author Topic: Fastest bullets in the series?  (Read 6757 times)

Fastest bullets in the series?
« on: June 05, 2017, 04:54:01 PM »
Ahhh... I think the title is pretty self-explanatory.

When I think "fastest bullet" I always think about the blue/yellow lasers on LoLK Stage 5 Lunatic for some reason. There are probably better examples though. Ultra Patches dont count.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Fastest bullets in the series?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:38:16 PM »
I never really cared to notice, but when fast bullets are mentioned 2 things came to mind. Those two being Gengetsu fun time (which is also LLS so there's that), and that one of Remilia's really easy non-card that is just kinda there to punish you for going up into the collection point at that particular moment.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:06:45 AM by Tengukami »

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 08:50:43 PM »
Although they aren't likely to hit you, the blue bullets that spray outwards in one of Byakuren's spell cards (Devil's Recitation) go really fast. iirc Shinki has the same thing (that spell card was copied from her). Mokou's "Honest Man's Death" has a similar idea.
This also applies to some bullets in a few last words in Imperishable Night I think.
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:11:10 AM »
good point. I forgot about bullets that aren't even trying to kill you.

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 07:38:38 PM »
Eternal Meek is the first spellcard I think of when I hear "fast bullets," particularly at high difficulties.
But of course it's one of Sakuya's spellcards; it might just be an illusion lol.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 04:46:04 AM »
good call yeah, forgot about that one. Actually it's kind of a shame that sakuya shows up in nearly every fangame, but none of the ones I've played use that particular spellcard. Yeah it's not especially fancy or whatever but most of them don't really have some kind of spellcard that's basically bullet diarrhea, and that would serve quite well.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2017, 05:26:56 AM »
Sakuya's knives that move while time is stopped have an infinite speed (or at least its limit is).
Similarly, when she slows down time, her bullets are moving really fast.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2017, 06:33:05 AM »
Is there such a thing as infinite speed? Wouldn't that be like a solid beam that travels across the universe over and over instantly impaling everything in existence? =P

I think the knives just move when she timestops as an simplification of her actually running around manually placing each knife in those positions

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2017, 08:50:48 AM »
I'm pretty sure the winner is Gengetsu's timeout phase. [PC-98 does have invisible 'phase timers' and this happens as you're about to timeout the final phase]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0FkEZXVqjk

But that phase is literally intended to kill you for trying to stall Gengetsu out and be near unwinnable without enough bombs/lives to just tank through it.

Edit:

Actually; pretty much Any of Mugetsu or Gengetsu's timeout phases could qualify

And yes; *that* phase is actually something that happens almost every phase of the fights in LLS Extra.

Even some of their normal danmaku would probobly qualify; such as the bullets falling along pre-warned lines while Gengetsu fires a Spark.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:10:00 AM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2017, 12:21:26 PM »
Goodness, how are you people forgetting that time when Remilia went full Hibachi in ISC?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2017, 08:23:10 PM »
Goodness, how are you people forgetting that time when Remilia went full Hibachi in ISC?

Personally never played ISC; although considering the entire point of the game is people breaking the spellcard rules against Seija because she too is cheating; it might not be fair to include it because the patterns are designed to be unavoidable without using items.

But on the other hand; ISC is an official Touhou game; so... yeah; that is on par or faster than Gengetsu.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2017, 09:30:44 PM »
Among the Windows games, perhaps "Simple Danmaku for Cornering a Trapped Rat"? Just try reacting to that if you don't know what's coming.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 11:02:30 PM »
Among the Windows games, perhaps "Simple Danmaku for Cornering a Trapped Rat"? Just try reacting to that if you don't know what's coming.
LoLK has several examples of really fast and unexpected bullets. Ringos's nonspells (before the bullets decelerate), Pure Light of the Palm's lasers...
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2017, 05:38:00 AM »

IIRC the first time I got there I reacted to it just fine (Didn't capture it, but that's not the point)... its not that fast.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2017, 10:58:56 PM »
LoLK has several examples of really fast and unexpected bullets. Ringos's nonspells (before the bullets decelerate), Pure Light of the Palm's lasers...
The star walls in stage 5 are also very speedy.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2017, 09:16:46 AM »
Remilia and her knives in 10-4

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2017, 12:33:30 PM »
Paparazzi-Repelling Barrier

120px/f

HistoryoftheMoon

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »
So far, I think Honest Man's Death blue rice bullets are winning. They're not intended to be dodged by the player, and instead act as barriers, so they go hella fast. Should there be separate categories for bullets that act as barriers and bullets to be dodged by the player?

As for bullets to dodge, Kanako's one streaming nonspell is fairly speedy.

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2017, 04:06:43 PM »
The first thing that comes to my mind when I hear "fast" is Mokou's final non. You know, the one where she fires all those purple rings at the speed of light? I really wonder why no one has mentioned it yet... Also the aimed bubbles in Remilia's last nonspell on Lunatic difficulty.

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2017, 04:58:21 PM »
... Also the aimed bubbles in Remilia's last nonspell on Lunatic difficulty.

How could I forget about those!

I always bombed that attack on my 1cc attempts.

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2017, 05:47:54 PM »
Paparazzi-Repelling Barrier

120px/f
There's really nothing else in the series that even comes close. They're effectively instant.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2017, 11:05:10 PM »
Link for those unfamiliar. I tried to find a video where the speed is visible.

It's an interesting spell mechanic, abusing that the player can only collide with bullets each frame. Those bullets are designed to move so quickly they jump over you to the exact same position as the next bullet, except when you slow down to take a picture.

The barrier/decorative bullets in many other patterns don't go anywhere near as fast, considering if they moved too quickly they wouldn't function as barriers anymore (as shown here).