Author Topic: 東方封魔再録 ~ the Return of Eastern Wonderland (Update on translation!)  (Read 22548 times)

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: 東方封魔返 ~ the Return of Eastern Wonderland (Demo released!!)
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 10:30:43 PM »
Oh, that's fantastic!  I was planning on porting it to Mac and Linux so Wine isn't necessary, but it's good to know that it works well in Wine regardless.
(Of course, the problem with this is that GM:Studio has a terrible Mac export process, but hopefully it'll be fine)

Well I'll do some further testing regardless, see if I can get something to break, ha.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2017, 04:10:07 AM »
Quick small update to those outside the team:
Meira has been finished for the most part.  My goal is to finish coding the actual stages and such quickly in order to give time to polish the game up.  I recognize that the game (especially in the current demo's state) doesn't quite live up to some of the bigger Danmakufu projects that exist right now, and perhaps I'm setting too high of a bar for myself, but I want the game to be as good as can be by the time of release.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist, you see :V
I can also confirm another detail: I will be able to port the game directly to Linux and most likely Mac (going to test that in the coming days to ensure that is the case).  This means Wine should not be required come time for the trial and the full game to release, which is something mostly unheard of in Touhou fangames.  I hope it becomes a running trend when people start creating their own engines.
One last announcement: I am still in need of translators for several languages if people are still interested, including Japanese (regardless of whether I decide to spice up some of the original dialogue, I will need help with spell card names).
Note for everyone on the team:  I will be starting up a small Discord server soon to relay progress and new builds, that way I don't have to DM the build every time.  Saves a lot of energy that way.
An extended thanks to everyone who has taken up interest in this project, either through Discord or through the thread itself.  I'm awe-stricken at how much steam this has picked up, and I hope that the end result will be something fantastic!
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 09:44:55 PM »
Hello everyone!
Because I am slow and have other work to do in addition to this project, I have not shown very much of what I've been doing or even given a real update.
'To compensate for this, I have released a second demo!  In terms of content, it is extremely similar to the first demo, except in a lot of aspects it has been given a full overhaul!!
Sprites are new, portraits are not new but will be soon (by the trial at least some of the portraits should be there), balances have been made, etc.
As always I would love to hear the community's thoughts about the project!  I am a definite need of translators still, so any help would be appreciated!!  For those who signed up to translate, I will be contacting you shortly once the script is finalized.

DEMO 2:
-Complete graphical overhaul
-Many, many balances and bug fixes

As always the link is in the first post!  Thanks for your support!  :)
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 01:04:29 AM »
I got the new demo, played through.

Most of the complaints people have said are still applicable to the new demo. I had a hard time dealing with the "exiting POC cancels POC" thing.

I also had problems with the little guns from the lake spawning right where I was occasionally. Either that's random chance (most likely), or a bug (less likely).

Rika's triangle phase really walls you in.

Bombs don't feel powerful. The invincibility animation also wears off during the bomb. Please consider making it last until all the bomb projectile are gone.

I also would like to be a playtester for mainly Easy and Normal. :3
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 09:10:21 PM »
Got the demo and it's really cool.
Normal is a cool difficulty for people who plays touhou casually, it's very well balanced
Lunatic is challenging which is good for more advanced players, spell cards needs a bit of practice and it's a good thing.
I would like to be a debugger (memory allocation and stuff if you need one) but also a tester for either hard or lunatic.

Here are some suggestions :
Once the trial or game will be completed, adding practice mode and spell practice.
Maybe replace the bonus system with the LoLK or HSIFS system.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 03:12:36 AM »
I apologize to everyone involved, but Return of Eastern Wonderland will be going on a hiatus for now.
As with a lot of these types of projects, real life is really getting in the way of completion here.
In addition, I will be jumping ship from GameMaker and recreating the game in a C# engine.
As much as I like GameMaker, its faults are too big to ignore any longer, and any efficiency I try to make to the engine has proven to not work as I expect.
Like anything, this will take time, which is a luxury for me.

However, this project will not be unattended.  I will be slowly chipping away at this, and I will update as soon as I can with info about what new aspects of the project come up.
In addition, the art assets (particularly the portraits) have been on the back burner for some time and this will give my artist a chance to catch up with those.
Thank you everyone who has been patient with this project, and I hope to report back soon.  It may not be released on the year of the 20th anniversary of Touhou, but it won't be long.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Hello there!
New semester has started, but progress has not been stopped!
RoEW's new engine is just about complete, which means rate of work will be at an all-time high soon!
We have a portrait artist, but we still are looking for a music arranger!  Please contact me if you are interested.

Translation work has also begun!  In light of new translation (and my own fault in recognizing kanji) the game's title has been modified!
東方封魔再録 (Touhou Fuumasairoku - translated: Eastern Sealing Demon Re-recording)
The English subtitle remains the same.

PyuDi

• daily touhou~
  • danmakufu!
Feels like I can help the Korean translation. Can I help the Korean translation? I think at least some will play this in Korean.
+I will test it when I have time :)

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Feels like I can help the Korean translation. Can I help the Korean translation? I think at least some will play this in Korean.
+I will test it when I have time :)

Check your private messages, PyuDi.  There's some information for you :)

Can i join to provide Indonesian translation for this game if it still have not yet?
I hope this project will be successful

I've translate the whole script. Insya Allah i will give it ASAP when you finish this game. So good luck, dude.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 08:48:26 AM by Ufal Salman »

Hello. If you're still looking for a music producer (as the thread title says) then I'd enjoy contributing to this project. I can send you a sample of my work if you're interested.

This is an interesting project you got going on. The PC-98 games deserve more love in my opinion, so I'll be rooting for you to complete this game!

Pretty cool!
btw I think maybe I can help translating it into Chinese if you need?

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Hello!  It has been a little while.  Just so you're aware, the game is progressing, but I have some news regarding the translation of the game.

Before, we needed translators for other languages (and to an extent, we still do), but the way some translations will be implemented in the full release are not hard coded, and you could do it yourself if you wanted to!

We are taking the modern Len'en approach to translation, in which there are text files containing the whole script that can be edited.  This works for all Latin and Cryllic languages at the moment, but if the need is there I can expand the character set to fit more characters.  This doesn't mean that there won't be any hard-coded languages, in fact English, Japanese, Chinese, and Korean will all be hard-coded into the game. (This is due to English being the default language, as well as CJK Unicode character restrictions within Game Maker.)  To load a translation from the text files provided, there is a Custom language option within the Options menu of the game.

I hope this makes translation into other languages easier to perform.  If a language set is created once the game is released, feel free to post it in this thread (or send it to me on Discord) and I will add it to the game's download page once the game is released.  In addition, Brazilian Portuguese and Indonesian will be provided with the game as examples (and they will also be able to be redownloaded in a similar fashion to other language packs).

Thank you all for your patience!  We would be updating more, but due to life schedules and wanting to keep *some* surprises prior to the game's release, news has not been as prevalent.  However, if anything important comes up, we will be sure to let you know.

yeashie

• Lunatic Fangame Fanatic
  • You Know I Have to Do It to Em
Hello everyone, Chris the sprite dude is here with an update.

Recently, stage 2 has been halfway complete including all the backgrounds and the midboss. Along with that there has been the reintroduction of the "Dream System", making it's return from Lotus Land Story and Mystic Square. How the dream system works is that there is a gauge that you fill up by collecting Dream Items, once the gauge is full you activate a Last Spell for the boss (don't worry tho, it's really forgiving if you missed a lot of items since they're scattered all over the place). To go with the Dream System is the inclusion of a rank system which increases the higher your Dream Bonus is, it also mildly increases score.

But here comes the bad news...  :ohdear:

The demo is going to be pushed back a bit more. But on the bright side we are no longer using GameMaker:Studio, and personally it's a big sigh of relief to be free of it. More details as they arrive. Currently Wish has switched to Godot and is slowly rebuilding the game back from the ground up. We appreciate your patience.