Author Topic: Safespot Guides  (Read 3832 times)

HistoryoftheMoon

Safespot Guides
« on: May 25, 2017, 04:28:57 PM »
Hello!

I am (sort of) a noob at Touhou. I have recently began attempting to 1CC SA on Normal, using Reimu/Yukari. However, Border of Wave and Particle is a pretty difficult spell. Unfortunately, I haven't found any good guides to safespotting it. I managed to pull it off once out of two tries in Practice, though. Anyone have an easy, consistent way of doing it?

But wait, there's more! This thread is meant to be an overall place to learn new safe spots and offer ones from your own experiences. I know of a couple to offer in exchange:

Sagume's yin-yang spam spell has an easy safespot. Just stand right on top of her. I think you can get away with shooting, too, but I'm not sure. I've done this on Normal, and I believe it is also doable in Lunatic.

Curse of Apollo 13 has a pretty famous one. It's tricker to pull off the harder the difficulty, but I can consistently do it on Normal. When the spell starts, stand on Eirin's feet. When she moves away, tap up twice until you're in the exact middle of the circle of bullets. Depending on the shot type, you might even be able to capture it. It's a lot easier with Reimu's haxbox.

So, yeah. If you know of a safe spot, or need help with one, just post here. If there's already a thread for this, though, then this can be locked or whatever.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Re: Safespot Guides
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2017, 05:52:33 PM »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2017, 06:38:56 PM »
Use this safespot guide for SA.
This guide is still missing some, though a few of these are indeed mentioned in the description. The Kisume safespot isn't just on the red wave, but on both waves - anywhere really close to Kisume works because bullets in SA don't have hitboxes right away when they spawn, creating said safe area around her. Yamame's second nonspell also has a safespot by her raised left hand for the same reason, as do Parsee's second boss spell and Yuugi's first boss spell near the edge of where the small yellow pellets "fully form" around them, so to speak. Yuugi's first midboss nonspell and second boss nonspell has multiple safespots by virtue of being completely static - for the latter, this is best done by reading the red lasers first to set yourself up. BoWaP also has a safespot to the lower-right of Satori (4 or 5 o'clock), which iirc gives more graze as well if you're doing scoring. Technically the two "bullet grid yin-yang orb" sections in Stage 5 where wisps also come from the sides and explode when you shoot them (just before midboss-Orin, and right after pellet hell #2) would count here, since if you don't shoot you're completely safe. Orin's third boss nonspell also has a safespot in the middle of the rings of bullets up top, but her movement makes this really RNG-dependent. Lastly, Utsuho's first and third nonspells have safespots in the center of where the bullet formation spawns, though the exact positioning is pretty tight iirc. Even among the scoring safespots here that Yatsu omitted, a few can still be worth it for survival runs.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

RB

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 12:51:22 AM »
Sagume's yin-yang spam spell has an easy safespot. Just stand right on top of her. I think you can get away with shooting, too, but I'm not sure. I've done this on Normal, and I believe it is also doable in Lunatic.
It's doable on all difficulties and you can also shoot it. I recommend standing above Sagume to shoot the yinyangs and get the graze for a free bomb/life piece (if you're Sanae then unfocus, it works better).

There's also a safespot for Seiran's final non and spell. The former is rather easy to learn but the latter needs you to learn timings and Seiran's hitbox. Gives you a good amount of graze as well.

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »
I'm surprised no one talk about the safespot on the fairy before Mokou's battle.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 06:24:14 PM »
I don't know if it counts, but you can pretty much go through the rainbow in Kogasa's spell from Double Spoiler. The random rain later on kills the it though. I think there is one in Kaguya's dragon bullets and you can stay still during Flawless Nirvana with Reimu and capture it. You can safe spot Yoshika's dragon claw (idk it's name) spell from Impossible Spell Card if you move down.

RB

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:20 AM »
you can stay still during Flawless Nirvana with Reimu and capture it
Not reliable, the spell is static (i think) but randomly rotated, if you "safespotted" it it just means that the rng is good enough for all bullets to pass by you.