Author Topic: A rather complicated issue that I cannot put into one subject [Contents Inside]  (Read 3228 times)

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
ah, um... after a while of playing, my computer sometimes restarts on its own, but beforehand it freezes then the monitor shuts off and then whatever music was playing spam plays itself in 0.05 intervals or something like that (similar to a "bttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt" noise?)

this sometimes happened with other games such as stardew valley and yandere simulator, but it never happened much with touhou and AoCF.

it's really disappointing since i wanna play the full version as well when its out, but if this problem persists, then... you know.

im assuming it is a graphics card issue? though, it all started when i accidentally set a game called stardew valley's priority to high in task manager (it is been on normal for a while, and i dont play it that much anymore), though im sure that that is entirely coincidential.

i dont think this happened with ULiL, maybe once or twice, but considering that i don't recall, i doubt it.

could this be an AoCF exclusive thing? (or maybe my computer is just really bad... i hope it fixes itself soon. i can't afford another computer anytime soon at all.)

yeah that's not normal Either your computer is overheating or your graphics drivers are crashing.
Make a thread in Tech Support. Install Speccy then post your specs. Also take note of your temperatures when you play each game.

thank you!! will do! i don't think it's my computer overheating since i recently cleaned it completely of dust with an aircan, but possibly? but anyhow, i will take the topic there when i can. thanks ~

temperature without any game launched:

temperature with antinomy of common flowers (trial) launched:

specs:

specs (graphics):

**disclaimer: i myself am pretty bad with computers and probably messed something up regarding giving information (like specs); please bear with me and correct me nicely if i do!! thank you in advance!

-- additional notes --:

[will be adding any additional occurences that are of note or in particular strange here]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 02:12:36 PM by ~Shin Kuroi~ »
yawn...

Thanks for the Speccy screenshots. Looks like your graphics drivers are up to date.

According to Speccy, your graphics card has a temperature of 82C, which is really high. Keep Speccy open while running a game and watch the temps. 90C is bad, 100C could result in a crash if unchecked.
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Thanks for the Speccy screenshots. Looks like your graphics drivers are up to date.

According to Speccy, your graphics card has a temperature of 82C, which is really high. Keep Speccy open while running a game and watch the temps. 90C is bad, 100C could result in a crash if unchecked.

(after I closed AoCF, it started decreasing.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 11:27:01 PM by ~Shin Kuroi~ »
yawn...