Author Topic: About Marisa's ethnicity  (Read 11880 times)

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Re: About Marisa's ethnicity
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2017, 10:40:20 PM »
Alice [Makai]

PC-98 Alice is from Makai but Windows canon is actually unknown (unless you believe DiPP Alice theory).

Quote from: Wiki
However, according to ZUN, the PC-98 canon has been swept clean and that there is absolutely no connection in terms of story, thus leaving it unclear as to exactly whether the Alice of PC-98 and the present Alice are the same person and how her canon would reflect this. Although it is unclear, this is all ZUN has said.

But otherwise, yes, just by her name and surname, in the Windows canon, we know that she's not from Gensokyo but, otherwise, we don't know.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 10:42:54 PM by Lebon14 »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2017, 11:31:58 PM »
However, according to ZUN, the PC-98 canon has been swept clean and that there is absolutely no connection in terms of story, thus leaving it unclear as to exactly whether the Alice of PC-98 and the present Alice are the same person and how her canon would reflect this. Although it is unclear, this is all ZUN has said.

I've heard ZUN say otherwise. I've heard him say that both take part in the same world but he'd prefer that you should take the windows canon over PC-98 if something contradicts somthing. Not to mention, in one of the Strange Creators of Outer World magazines, I'm sure ZUN mentioned (and it was a part specifically attributed to ZUN not whoever wrote the rest of it) that he added Alice in PCB to make the player assume that the events in PCB had something to do with the earlier games. This pretty much means that it's clearly the same Alice - not to mention that Reimu doesn't recognise Alice in both the PC-98 game (when she meets her again in the extra stage) and again in PCB.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 11:35:35 PM by aListers »
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Drake

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2017, 01:17:59 AM »
Please don't get into this or I am going to explode.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -