Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments V3  (Read 164863 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Re: Touhou Accomplishments V3
« Reply #990 on: October 15, 2009, 04:23:03 AM »
Ooh? Another person seriously attempting PoDD lunatic? Good luck~

But yeah sadly reaching stage 7 doesn't mean much. :( Any one of the opponents on lunatic can suddenly go from easy to impossible and screw you over, and you only get 4 lives total. That and Chiyuri is your worst nightmare and can easily take all your continues before even reaching Yumemi (who in comparison is a fair bit easier but can still whip you good).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #991 on: October 15, 2009, 04:24:14 AM »
Also, do I keep gaining lives every 10 million points indefinitely, or is there a limit?
One life at 10 million. Another life at 20 million. That's it.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

ebarrett

« Reply #992 on: October 15, 2009, 04:42:27 AM »
Ooh? Another person seriously attempting PoDD lunatic? Good luck~
I was trying Shiki extra no-horizontal in PoFV but got tired of getting 274 icicles to the face. Well that and it was a silly idea anyway.  :V

But yeah sadly reaching stage 7 doesn't mean much. :( Any one of the opponents on lunatic can suddenly go from easy to impossible and screw you over, and you only get 4 lives total. That and Chiyuri is your worst nightmare and can easily take all your continues before even reaching Yumemi (who in comparison is a fair bit easier but can still whip you good).
Yeah, I noticed that the AI sometimes just falls apart, and sometimes.... doesn't. I'm hoping for the one-in-a-million chance that it crumbles for no reason during the last couple of levels as well - the first seven now look like a matter of remembering which boss attack does what, since I'm almost never getting hit by anything else. Of course I'm not getting my hopes up - last time I checked only three people 1cc'ed PoDD's lunatic outside of Japan, wasn't it?

One life at 10 million. Another life at 20 million. That's it.
Well then at least I certainly feel less bad at getting past 30 million after losing my last life a couple of times.

nintendonut888

« Reply #993 on: October 15, 2009, 04:51:55 AM »
Well, only three that are known. There's probably a few other players who aren't in the community. Make it four~
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

nintendonut888

« Reply #994 on: October 15, 2009, 08:40:34 AM »
~

LLS with the smoothness of my fix for Anex86 is SO FUN. Lunatic 1cc~

The funny part is that I died in stage 1. Against Orange. Because her second phase goes into sudden heavy modo if you take too long (and for Reimu A, it's impossible NOT to take too long) and I died. I figured the run was lost there, so I played less conservatively. I captured the stage 3 midboss (who I suspect is a lot easier than he looks considering how often I've captured him when I haven't bombed), AND finally captured the stage 4 midboss. I finished 2/2 in the end. =D

Really, LLS is quite possibly my favorite Touhou as odd as that may be. While it's quite easy (until it suddenly turns impossible lol), the music, the atmosphere, and the characters are top notch. It's like how a Kirby game is fun~

Also at the end of this video, there is Gengetu Rape Time reborn in Windows. :>

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8508923

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #995 on: October 15, 2009, 10:06:40 AM »
And good job now do it with Marisa C.
*tugs on sleeve*

(good lord, how many times did I die with bombs in stock?)
I should also mention that this was done in 2 attempts. First one RQ'd (that's RAGE-Quit(ed)) at the end of Stage 1 for having 0.xx Power.

Hesitant to decide whether I should actually go and do Lunatic for EoSD, PCB and IN. I just feel... lazy about them. But after that, I can "brag" about 1cc'ing all the games on Lunatic.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:30:16 AM by Baity »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #996 on: October 15, 2009, 02:06:29 PM »
*tugs on sleeve*

(good lord, how many times did I die with bombs in stock?)
I should also mention that this was done in 2 attempts. First one RQ'd (that's RAGE-Quit(ed)) at the end of Stage 1 for having 0.xx Power.

Hesitant to decide whether I should actually go and do Lunatic for EoSD, PCB and IN. I just feel... lazy about them. But after that, I can "brag" about 1cc'ing all the games on Lunatic.

Props.

And yes yes do those games on lunatic. Considering how good you are, you have absolutely no excuse.

« Reply #997 on: October 15, 2009, 05:21:23 PM »
Question: Would it still be an accomplishment if I were to beat SA Extra using the Marisa B bomb trick to bypass Sanae? I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'm trying to decide whether I should do so with Marisa A or Marisa B. And no, I won't use Reimu A. I wanna use the witch.

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Bananamatic

« Reply #998 on: October 15, 2009, 05:33:03 PM »
Question: Would it still be an accomplishment if I were to beat SA Extra using the Marisa B bomb trick to bypass Sanae? I haven't unlocked it yet, but I'm trying to decide whether I should do so with Marisa A or Marisa B. And no, I won't use Reimu A. I wanna use the witch.
Wasn't that one fixed?

« Reply #999 on: October 15, 2009, 05:55:08 PM »
Wasn't that one fixed?
If there's a fix patch I don't think I ever got it... though if there was I'd like a version update, because I hate having to watch replays from stage 4 when I just wanna see the Utsuho fight (and randomly crashing when I stage practice isn't exactly fun, either...).

"What do you mean 'stop repeating everything you say'?"

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #1000 on: October 15, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »
Post 1000, and 14500 view.  :V

Uh... I finally 1cc'ed all Windows Touhou games on Normal?  :toot:
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Kcaltrain

« Reply #1001 on: October 15, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
i managed to 1cc PCB on normal...not much compared to the insane things some of you people have done, but I feel good about doing that...