Author Topic: Summer Games Done Quick 2017 - There Can Be Only Onett  (Read 17884 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Summer Games Done Quick 2017 - There Can Be Only Onett
« on: April 23, 2017, 03:30:18 PM »
Schedule's up!

There are so many runs I'm personally hype for - most notably the RKS:F Freudia Race - that I won't bother listing them all in the OP, but you all better be tuning in for that closer, EarthBound Glitchless in 4:25. That already sounds mind-blowing.

Also, hands up for anyone that will actually watch all 8 hours of Final Fantasy 7 live.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
Re: Summer Games Done Quick 2017 - There Can Be Only Onett
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 03:40:01 PM »
Heh, Knytt Stories. Didn't think anyone still remembers this game exists. Will be watching Oblivion and Might and Magic VI (oh yes!) as well, but the general lack of DOS games is highly disappointing.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 05:27:50 PM »
Oh my Halfcoordinated gonna run NieR Automata One-handed ! I saw him in the past and he is just amazing, can't wait for that !

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2017, 06:59:29 PM »
Schedule's up!

There are so many runs I'm personally hype for - most notably the RKS:F Freudia Race - that I won't bother listing them all in the OP, but you all better be tuning in for that closer, EarthBound Glitchless in 4:25. That already sounds mind-blowing.

Also, hands up for anyone that will actually watch all 8 hours of Final Fantasy 7 live.
Can't, got drill. At least I won't miss 1/2coord's Nier Automata run.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 07:11:56 PM »
I'll watch the FF7 run in its entirety, but live?  Noooo.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 08:46:29 PM »
Wow, has there been a GDQ before where the Super Metroid [Race] was not penultimate? Instead it's on July 7th before FFVII. Maybe they're experimenting with giving (slightly) more love to other donation incentives other than Save/Kill this time? At least on the last day.

Speaking of July 7th, I thought they were getting away from holding marathons the same week as major US holidays?

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 08:55:54 PM »
No they hold it on 4th July week to save costs

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2017, 09:18:36 PM »
Really? I thought last year it raised the cost instead. I guess I'm remembering wrong.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:55 AM »
No Metal Wolf Chaos during the entire week, much less July 4th? The whole outfit is a failure.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 05:39:41 AM »
Amazing lineup. The wait is painful

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 09:25:01 AM »
Can't get the Live FF7 run (at work).  Will have to miss Half Coordinated run (sleeping) and the Mario Relay which should be hype as hell. Still never seen any of the TGM events live, which is a regret as that's cool as hell.

Should be able to see the MMX Races, All Gold Bolts for Ratchet and Clank, the Rosenkreuzstilette Freudenstachel race, then Majora's Mask to the end.

Getting the early morning block tends to result in getting some really strange things so I might get something as good as the Silly Games Done Quick Block they had a few years ago (Roundabout best Run of that year.  Jeffrey Approved!)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 09:28:20 AM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 01:07:39 PM »
Looks like they moved the schedule around a bit - Metroid Prime 100% got moved late enough in the day that I can actually watch it now. Hooray!

No they hold it on 4th July week to save costs

Are you gonna be there? Your name's not on the schedule that I can see, at least.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 01:10:07 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 05:40:42 PM »
Okami at OMG o'clock? Whoops. Oh well.

A noticeably large number of speed runs will help save me from playing the games myself. Thanks?!

IS THAT SOME SAMURAI PIZZA CATS?! OH HELL YES IT IS!

Some of the NES/SNES/GB era stuff is real legit. Also really looking forward to all the LoZenges being played.

OH DEAR DARK SOULS 3 LEGIT. Okay prediction time!
  • Starting class will either be knight, warrior, or assassin as the wild card.
  • The only type of magic to be use will be the assassin's Spook if the assassin is used at all.
  • The player will stick with the starting weapon, regardless of use. Warrior gets the pick here due to default weapon power and single stat scaling. Assassin is the only class that might switch to another weapon. Also, the weapon will be stuck at around 2 levels lower than average per area, but will still reach level 10 around Lothric Castle.
  • The only change in armor or shield will be exclusively for some quick fashion souls.
  • Item pickups will be limited to souls and consumables. The only items purchased would likewise be consumables and would come from a very limited stock of supplies from the handmaiden.
  • Any shield will be used almost exclusively for parrying purposes. Almost all other damage prevention will be the spammable dodge roll.
  • Barely any ring use. GIT GUD.
  • Bonfire use will be drastically cut unless it is readily convenient and be used more for warp use than a save point.
  • Yhorm will be defeated before Aldritch, and the Dancer of Boreal Valley skip will not be used.
  • The number of estus shards will be around 6-8 and the bonfire level will be 5-6.
  • Final soul level will be... 70?? Vig. 25, End. mid 30's, Str. upper 30's, base Att., Vit., Dex., Int., Fai., and Luck.
And watch this list go completely out the window after the first 20 minutes.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 05:56:24 PM »
Nah not there this time. Also I haven't seen a Dark Souls 3 run in like a year so I don't know if the route has changed significantly or not but if it hasn't the main stat is 
Spoiler:
luck

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 07:03:37 PM »
Nah not there this time. Also I haven't seen a Dark Souls 3 run in like a year so I don't know if the route has changed significantly or not but if it hasn't the main stat is 
Spoiler:
luck
There's probably some crazy application for an obscure gimmick build that I'm just not seeing yet and that's where I'll get told what for. The player might pull out some bleed shenanigans considering how stupid often it works, sneakily worm their way to a +10 greataxe before a third of the game is over, or do some ridiculous Flynn's ring/Pontiff's Right Eye ring stupidness that only the runner had time to work out and perfect. Or LobosJr.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 11:51:56 PM »
Oh yeah so

PX/Drake/Anyone else that knows: What's the BotW speedrun scene looking like? I know Any% was done in less than an hour before the game officially launched but I haven't heard anything since. I imagine that something like 100% would take forever, but maybe All Champions or All Champions/All Memories would be GDQ-friendly?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:59:36 PM by Kilgamayan »

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 01:04:39 AM »
Oh yeah so

PX/Drake/Anyone else that knows: What's the BotW speedrun scene looking like? I know Any% was done in less than an hour before the game officially launched but I haven't heard anything since. I imagine that something like 100% would take forever, but maybe All Champions or All Champions/All Memories would be GDQ-friendly?

People are mad Orcastraw submitted it at the last second while the rest of the community agreed not to submit it to SGDQ, Amiibo triggers people to the point of it being a meme now, Any% is 40 minutes and uhhh, not that great of a run to watch since it's what you'd expect, and http://www.speedrun.com/botw

E: Oh right, and the Any% record changes on a daily basis so it really means nothing for now
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:08:48 AM by PX »

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 01:14:28 AM »
Ooh, I'd love to see an All Main Quests run close AGDQ 2018. A sub-4 hour no Amiibo no DLC run would be amazing to see.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:19:40 AM by Kilgamayan »

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2017, 01:14:54 AM »
People are mad Orcastraw submitted it at the last second while the rest of the community agreed not to submit it to SGDQ, Amiibo triggers people to the point of it being a meme now, Any% is 40 minutes and uhhh, not that great of a run to watch since it's what you'd expect, and http://www.speedrun.com/botw

E: Oh right, and the Any% record changes on a daily basis so it really means nothing for now
So I suppose this is an early indication of which one's gonna be a hot mess?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2017, 04:52:09 AM »
I kind of hope it will be just to see the runner squirm.

Too many runs I want are at sleep o'clock or work o'clock, so it's probably going to be VOD city for me this time. On the other hand, I might actually have a data plan this time around now that I have a smartphone so I can watch in transit.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2017, 06:05:16 AM »
Oh I forgot to mention that Orcastraw is also a public announced transitional woman (male -> female) for who it matters to, so regardless of the result it will be a hot mess

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:31 AM »
5 bucks says it's gonna be skipped over in the official vods :V

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2017, 09:42:02 AM »
RKS:F Freudia Race

:toot:

IS THAT SOME SAMURAI PIZZA CATS?! OH HELL YES IT IS!

:toot:

These two and Rise of the Triad really sound like worth watching for me.

EDIT: Shit, it's the wrong one. And here I was hoping to see a classic get some action...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 02:47:24 PM by CyberAngel »

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 05:35:56 PM »
Wait so I did a little research into this Orcastraw/BotW thing and it made it sound like the game is actually going to get run? It's not on the schedule.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Mr Jovial

• Commander of the Whale Legion
  • ~Having a whale of a time~
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 06:08:07 PM »
Wait so I did a little research into this Orcastraw/BotW thing and it made it sound like the game is actually going to get run? It's not on the schedule.
It's listed in the bonus runs section.

Suwako Moriya

« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2017, 06:33:55 PM »
Ah, I see. Thanks!

Drake

« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2017, 11:59:06 PM »
as if they weren't going to take the opportunity to make a free 10k

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Pywackett-Barchetta

• Icelandic Elf Inspector
  • G-A-M-E O-V-E-R
    • Tumblr
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2017, 02:06:05 AM »
Oooh, Shadow Complex. That's an absolute favorite. If you like Metroidvania anything and haven't played that yet, please fix that.

Plus, a fantastic set of great Sonic games followed up by Mirror's Edge. Hopefully that'll help me rope some more people into those; if nothing else, seeing Mirror's Edge's physics get broken is always a wonderful thing, and I wonder if Catalyst'll follow suit.

Now, I highly respect MK64 runs and such, but I remain baffled as to why Mario Kart Wii consistently ends up on the schedule, and how exactly they're going to make a 45-minute run of the game with no skips be any interesting at all. I'm a sim-racing and motorsports fan, and even as someone who usually greatly enjoys seeing drivers going around the same courses and trying to shave the slimmest seconds off, I don't usually enjoy watching players go around the same courses and try to shave the slimmest seconds off here. It goes on a bit too long to have wow-factor. Anybody feel strongly differently on that? I'm wondering if it's just a personal bias here.

Orcastraw submitted it at the last second while the rest of the community agreed not to submit it to SGDQ

Well, that's a crappy move.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2017, 06:10:30 AM »
I'm just glad Shadow Complex is going to be glitchless. As fun as Foam skipping is, conventional is still a ride.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2017, 06:28:58 AM »
I'm just glad Shadow Complex is going to be glitchless. As fun as Foam skipping is, conventional is still a ride.

Glitchless is honestly a much cooler run.