Author Topic: Do you have an obession with any Touhou characters?  (Read 13264 times)

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Re: Do you have an obession with any Touhou characters?
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2017, 09:49:37 AM »
Doesn't she stinks though? i heard she stinks.
Hey, that's rude. Butterflies don't stink! :c
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2017, 01:20:45 PM »
That's a strangely complex way of saying "I'm just liking what is normal to like and if you don't like that you should go knock yourself unconscious.", to which I could respond, but instead I'm not going to judge you or your opinion. My post only really meant to inform you that you missed a point that (I believe) was being made, not exactly to detail my own opinion (although I may have accidentally done that anyway). Sorry for any mild confusion.
I'm sorry, i thought you two were accomplices ganging up on me. Then that means my "strangely complex way of saying "I'm just liking what is normal to like and if you don't like that you should go knock yourself unconscious." " only apply to that medicine guy.

Rude.
Even though it ain't rude, and it call'd fact actually

what
that yeh sumting like that
btw, do you happen to know where that piece originated from? wondering if theres higher resolution available.
You fancy it too right? you are kind and would share, right?

Except she isn't exactly a mere butterfly. Just take your fact bruh, it isn't about being rude to her.

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2017, 01:25:38 PM »
btw, do you happen to know where that piece originated from? wondering if theres higher resolution available.
Sorry, no clue.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 01:40:02 PM by WaluigiTime64 »
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

Hope ♦ Metal

• Royal Flares Can't Melt Steel Beams
  • Donald Trump will make waifus real
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2017, 05:01:46 PM »
then you should convince this
uh maniac to not kill her and take the lifeblood
(this doesn't make any sense does it)

that -snip- yeh sumting like that
well there's this thing I found:

now you can have Hinas spinning in opposite directions isn't that nice

ON topic, I'm pretty sure all my favorites on danbooru have Patchouli in them so no I don't have any obsessions.

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2017, 07:22:15 AM »
Just like literally any other opinion about a character, right?
No, because the opinion in question was sexual, and sorry to upset you, but i think its kind of gross to express your sexual attract to a character in a way like how MANoBadAssGar did, being openly fixated on the breasts. Most people i've talked to agree. Some things should just be keep to yourselves.
"strangely complex way of saying "I'm just liking what is normal to like and if you don't like that you should go knock yourself unconscious."
Dude, that's kind of a Argumentum ad populum fallacy. And again, there's nothing wrong with liking Komachi's breasts, its just that some people find it gross when people express those kind of opinions. Not everyone on this forum is as sexually attracted to her as you are.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:09:49 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2017, 08:23:29 AM »
No, because the opinion in question was sexual, and sorry to upset you, but i think its kind of gross to express your sexual attract to a character in a way like how MANoBadAssGar did, being openly fixated on the breasts. Most people i've talked to agree. Some things should just be keep to yourselves.
Whether the opinion is sexual or not is irrelevant. You're getting riled up over an opinion regarding a fictional character.

I agree, some opinions are probably best kept to yourselves, but this right here is also such an instance. Things like these are not worth getting disgusted over. It's like the so-called "waifufags" refusing to accept any criticism or flaw about their favorite character, or haters/jealous people who only care about the negatives, and each kind of person would fight over opinions that don't agree with their headcanon or whatever. People have different tastes; it's not necessary to tell someone their taste is shit. For instance, I'm indifferent towards Komachi and am aware a lot of people only like her for breasts, even though there's much more to her character than that. I'm fine with that, they can say all they want about that, even though that's not the image I have in mind of her.

Of course, like everyone else, I too have sexual opinions about characters that I'm not willing to express (on a public forum, anyway). I don't think that's gross, I think that's perfectly natural. In fact, I would be surprised if someone does not have such opinions about any character at all.

Bearing in mind that I've heard stuff far worse than "muh Komachi titties" on other places.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 08:25:24 AM by Satori Komeijist »
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 08:29:42 AM »

And what does exactly give you the right to police other people's thoughts?
Is there any rule here saying that it's not allowed to express such opinions? No.

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
I feel like having these thoughts and opinions is okay, but if they make other people upset or uncomfortable you should tone it down.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2017, 09:21:22 AM »
There's a limit to everything and I believe MANoBadAssGar's discussion of Komachi's extraordinary breasts fits perfectly well within the limits of a healthy conversation. He didn't even allude to anything remotely intimate. It's fine.
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2017, 09:42:47 AM »
Even though the debate is quite valid and people are having sensible opinions and arguments it isn't the time nor thread for this. I think this might deserve its own thread in the 'Cafe' section, if there is any desire to continue it. Especially because it is getting quite heated and tat too personal in my opinion with some posts.

Please return to the actual topic and please refrain from expressing obsession about a character due to being a potential 'waifu' (or similar reason). This isn't necessary pointing at the incident about Komachi's assets but generally we frown on expressive waifu related threads.

Cheers,

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2017, 11:28:13 AM »
Sanae's amazing and she's been my favorite character for over four years now (since becoming a Touhou fan even), but I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with her (this might be a lie). And thankfully I'm glad for that, since I've seen some people who are obsessed with characters...and it can be really creepy, ngl. Of course, everyone has something they're passionate about, so that's just how it is (just like how I'm passionate about Sanae).

Also. If you get triggered for someone expressing attraction to a character, you're in the wrong fandom lmao. Just saying.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 11:43:54 AM by ZM »

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2017, 01:56:46 PM »
I wouldn't call it an obsession but I do really like Kurumi, it kind of started out as a joke if I remember correctly but over time I grew to like her, I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary. I know there's more people who jokingly like a character a lot and then they actually start to like them instead of just joke that they do over time.

I think it's evident by the amount of Kurumi pictures I've edited (I actually have in general, almost 3,000 pictures is quite a lot, although I don't know the accurate number since my file also has a few duplicates and pictures of other characters, but it's not all that big a deal.) and have added into my videos, as well as use elsewhere too. I guess it's also just enjoyable to like a character that I personally believe to not be polluted by people who make them out to be much more different or don't like the canon aspects (thus willfully brush them aside) but I'd say that's to each their own. Preferences differ per people and all; I think that also ought to be respected.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2017, 08:50:33 PM »
Okay fine, i'll drop it. But i still stand by my words that MANoBadAssGar's words about me were really fucking rude.
BUT, I will not continue to pursue this argument, if someone wants to continue this conversation with me privately, drop me a pm. Otherwise, this is the last time i talk about this publicly. Sorry for any inconvenience or offense i may have caused.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
Reading the following posts after my previous one made me almost misunderstand that i seems to be really made to come out as a "that MANo dude who are crazed over Komachi breasts" when i'm not actually one, my god
And i think it's justified for me to have some say abut it, to clear out that i'm not maniac over Komachi breasts. because i think it's kind of defamation (if im not using the wrong word).

The "boob"s in my initial post actually meant as sarcasm toward the rather abundant amount of Komachi fanarts depicted with an easily noticeable cleavage. (i make it literally obvious in my third post)
I got that blurting out "boob" out of the blue like that can make a few people feel uncomfortable, sorry about that.
And,
Just because your own mind come to that conclusion doesn't mean the fanbase agree with it. Please try to reason again with your consciousness.
If that doesn't work please try to knock yourself unconscious and try again, that way perhaps aside from obtaining your seasoning you might even achieve your awakening.
Is actually just total plain nonsense that i add to suggest that im not serious about the whole matter.
and that seasoning are supposed to be reasoning, not my fault, it's that stupid spell check

i still stand by my words that MANoBadAssGar's words about me were really fucking rude.
Yeh, soz bout dat man. But you could've tone it down by saying "shamelessly bold" instead of "gross". I just think gross are for something like stinky funguses, i guess......

incident about Komachi's assets
Seriously though !? Even though those three are actually fussing over "grossness of open expression", and not especially Komachi's stuffs......

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »
Yo, I believe a mod already called upon folks to drop it already? This entire thread is already skating perilously close to Waifu Talk, especially in sexualizing these characters, and waifu stuff is expressly frowned upon here as detailed in the sticky. So let's cut it out with trying to get the last word in already.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »
While I wouldn't say I'm obsessed about the character, Nitori's evolution as a character throughout the series has interested me for quite a while and I'm also pretty interested about how her race works in the setting as they're far more advanced in term of technology than most folks in Gensokyo. I initially thought what happened in SoPM in regard to the character was kind of jarring but I've grown to like it as it kind of makes the character more distinct than several characters in the series.

By now I think it's pretty clear what Nitori meant when she said humans and Kappa are allies (which would be in term of business). There's the whole Shirikodama thing too which gets brought up once in a while, getting supported by a spell card description in 12.5 and of course her dialogue bit before fighting Kokoro in 13.5. I also think it's also fair to assume that ZUN has a liking for the character too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:28:56 PM by Jeremie »
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2017, 02:28:06 PM »
For me that would be Okuu, for obvious reasons. Also Mystia, for slightly less obvious reasons.

Tengukami

« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2017, 02:40:18 PM »
I wouldn't call it an "obsession" per se, but I do have a fondness for Aya. I mean, this is my workspace:

She's the one character I can simultaneously like sincerely and ironically. Ironically, because her reputation for her standards is a pretty common stereotype of journalists in general, and no one in this business will ever not be accused of sensationalism and invention. Sincerely, because her interviewing style is actually quite good. In fact I've used parts of BAiJR as templates for interns when it comes to interviewing styles.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

CyberAngel

• Retired
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2017, 03:01:21 PM »
I wouldn't call it an "obsession" per se, but I do have a fondness for Aya. I mean, this is my workspace:

She's the one character I can simultaneously like sincerely and ironically. Ironically, because her reputation for her standards is a pretty common stereotype of journalists in general, and no one in this business will ever not be accused of sensationalism and invention. Sincerely, because her interviewing style is actually quite good. In fact I've used parts of BAiJR as templates for interns when it comes to interviewing styles.

As an Aya hater, I have to say this is a good observation of her character. She sure knows how to GET information, it's what she does with it that can drive one up the wall.

Personally, I prefer Hatate. Her articles may not be on the cutting edge of happenings, but they're sure to be well-researched and greatly written. Anyone knows where I can get a Kakashi Spirit News subscription?

Tengukami

« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »
Yes, definitely. Aya is "action news"; live, on-the-spot reporting that often carries the tone of urgency or controversy. Hatate is more "longform" reporting; investigative, methodical, with in-depth research. They're a great compliment to one another. I think every journalist should learn how to balance their inner Ayas and Hatates.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2017, 03:12:47 PM »
Sincerely, because her interviewing style is actually quite good. In fact I've used parts of BAiJR as templates for interns when it comes to interviewing styles.
This has been on my mind on and off for the past month or so ever since the last time you mentioned this somewhere, but I'm genuinely interested in what this interviewing template you've derived from Aya's articles is like. That, and your opinion of her journalism style in general since I think you'd have a lot to say on the subject. Since I don't have any sort of expertise on interviews or their formats, her articles seemed rather straightforward to me and I didn't think to look for any common process she followed.

If it's off topic (and/or long), then maybe by pm? I'm really quite curious. Or in a new topic if you feel like sharing it with everyone.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Tengukami

« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2017, 03:34:13 PM »
This has been on my mind on and off for the past month or so ever since the last time you mentioned this somewhere, but I'm genuinely interested in what this interviewing template you've derived from Aya's articles is like. That, and your opinion of her journalism style in general since I think you'd have a lot to say on the subject. Since I don't have any sort of expertise on interviews or their formats, her articles seemed rather straightforward to me and I didn't think to look for any common process she followed.

If it's off topic (and/or long), then maybe by pm? I'm really quite curious. Or in a new topic if you feel like sharing it with everyone.

Hey yeah, I might make a separate thread on this topic when I get a chance. Good idea.