Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 297671 times)

HistoryoftheMoon

I didn't check the whole discussion (and am quite lazy to do so @__@) but I believe they're talking about a Mushroom-youkai called Masha, which was created in a popular Walfas.swf back in the day. 

Some people in the thread said Zun was taking inspiration from her for one reason or another, I think.
Well, Stage 4 will, after all, be taking place in the Forest of Magic, which is known for its mushrooms. Maybe they were speculating there'd be a mushroom youkai (or fairy)? That would be plenty of opportunity for Masha to pop up. It would then only be a matter of time until people say "ZUN should use Masha in HSiFS!"

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Comrades, here's the one thing he most likely had adopted from the fandom, and it's the name of a ULiL trophy.
Pichuun!! (Silver)
Achieve 10000 combo damage.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

HistoryoftheMoon

Comrades, here's the one thing he most likely had adopted from the fandom, and it's the name of a ULiL trophy.
That might not even have been ZUN, though.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Quoting myself from the Blogging thread, because LoLK bullets + highly abusable scoring system = broken

Spent 30 minutes messing with the LoLK stages patch for TH16.

The season system is so hilariously broken when LoLK-levels of bullets are on the screen.

Some notes from me:
  • Unless the bullets come from a single point on the boss, Autumn isn't as broken.
  • Spring has become the best season to use. Clearing an entire screen of bullets on Lunatic is able to get you back up to level 6.
  • Ringo's 2nd card is great for farming PiV. Just release when the dango rings appear, and you'll get tons of PiV and be back to level 6.
  • The max PiV is 500 000 points per item.
  • The hard limit to the PiV might make it hard to get higher and higher scores/lives, unless ZUN uncaps it for the full version.

tl;dr it's hax
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Unless the bullets come from a single point on the boss, Autumn isn't as broken.
Spring has become the best season to use. Clearing an entire screen of bullets on Lunatic is able to get you back up to level 6.

I was talking to someone about this elsewhere. In the full game (not the LoLK patch), spring might actually have some really high scoring potential, assuming 1) fall gets nerfed a bit, as people have speculated it will, #2) we get more patterns like the one the big fairies shoot in stage 3, and #3) ZUN fixes the "too much score time for game to crash" thing. Spring is way more useful in certain places, and the fact that it doesn't deal damage might give it an advantage somewhere.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

HistoryoftheMoon

Spring is way more useful in certain places, and the fact that it doesn't deal damage might give it an advantage somewhere.
-Note: I'm not a scoring expert, I'm actually kind of a noob, so take this with a grain of salt-
If it doesn't deal damage, then it doesn't automatically fail the card. Thus, you get the spell card bonus, which starts ramping up in the end game. Really, this is the first time we've seen a way to cancel bullets that doesn't fail the card, which is a big deal. This is good for the survival aspect too, if there ends up being a particularly nasty spell card (we're talking crazy RNG-based spell or the like) in stage 5 or 6.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Well, I can attest that the release does some damage to bosses anyway. But yeah, even at 6, the homing shots of Spring take a while to kill even the weakest fairy.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

• Spring has become the best season to use. Clearing an entire screen of bullets on Lunatic is able to get you back up to level 6.

Not sure, with just how abuseable Fall is even when you're not going for score (though I do believe that season will become acquainted with the nerf bat by the time the full game is out)

Also Spring does deal damage to everything it hits, and ALWAYS fails spellcards if you use it even if it doesn't reach the boss because it makes you invincible when you release (notice the character blinks blue for a few moments, the same as during a bomb or right after respawning). This doesn't happen with any of the other releases

As a side note, that LoLK-in-HSiFS mod looks absolutely amazing and I really hope the person making it gets to port everything because LoLK's patterns + HSiFS's season thingamajigs = oh shit

As a side note, that LoLK-in-HSiFS mod looks absolutely amazing and I really hope the person making it gets to port everything because LoLK's patterns + HSiFS's season thingamajigs = oh shit

He said he didn't expect it to be received so well and that he'll make the rest of the game. Though he said that he can't add additional stages to the demo, so he'll either have to make a separate patch for 4/5/6 or 4/5/Ex or something, or he'll have to wait for the full game. Or I could have misunderstood something.

Unrelated to that... when using higher leveled releases, you get larger green point items. Does anyone know if these larger items are worth more score, or if they just increase the PiV more?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

Yeah, I expected I'd have to wait until the full HSiFS game first. But it'll be worth the wait.

Unrelated to that... when using higher leveled releases, you get larger green point items. Does anyone know if these larger items are worth more score, or if they just increase the PiV more?

I'm pretty sure it's just the latter. Though, they do increase your score so they're probably counted as point items at max value, meaning you'll get more score anyway because of the higher PIV you'll get.

Right right... So that means that by the end game (once the PiV reaches the cap) you're better off spamming low level releases than saving up for high level ones, since they'll give you the same amount of points....

Someone in the scoreboard mentioned how full game routes would have to be tweaked for limited extends if the current system stays, since it probably wouldn't be profittable to spend that many resources before the more loaded late game.
If Autumn releases do get nerfed in some way, and we still get that many extends, I can see Spring becoming a pretty good option for score, since its i-frames could help with not having bombs handy to graze (and you can clear stage enemies without potentially killing yourself xd)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Release items are PIV/10, regardless of the level of release you used.

So yes, level of release only affects the PIV gain.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

edit: If someone is interested in see Cirno + Summer beating Lunatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNfIUaY0bc

I noticed that ZUN didn't change the loading screen:

Neither the Pause Menu text (translated by ThCrap):

They are the same from LoLK.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 05:00:49 PM by Ripaah »

Tengukami

edit: If someone is interested in see Cirno + Summer beating Lunatic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oNfIUaY0bc

Pretty certain these bombs are going to get shortened by the full release. Cirno's really goes on forever.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
They are the same from LoLK.

Keep in mind that ZUN has been used the same sprites since PoFV (2005).
I guess that if it works there's no need to change something.

Unless loading screen will have its own background on full release.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 09:21:20 PM by Plubio »

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Keep in mind that ZUN has been used the same sprites since PoFV (2009).

Unless loading screen will have its own background on full release.

wasn't PoFV released in 2005...?

yawn...

Keep in mind that ZUN has been used the same sprites since PoFV (2009).

The real secret behind how ZUN chooses which characters will be playable. Does he already have a player sprite for them.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
wasn't PoFV released in 2005...?

holy shit why I wrote that.

I thought "oh yes Touhou 9 from 2009".
I'm so sorry.

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
holy shit why I wrote that.

I thought "oh yes Touhou 9 from 2009".
I'm so sorry.

it's fine~! i assumed that's why that mistake was made pfft

i pointed it out 'cos that means that he's been using those sprites even earlier than that.
yawn...

Onion

• Classic era Marisa-like entity
  • Failing at Touhou since 2000-something
This post is imagetastic. If anybody has suggestions for hiding them away, do tell.

KimikoMuffin created Masha in his series "Create.swf Adventures", which is in the same format as MS Paint Adventures:

She has white sleeves longer than her arms. She also has an older version, from after the series.
In story, she was ranked as a Stage 3 Midboss, thus she couldn't possibly show up in this game.
Please wait warmly. Girls are intentionally leaving this space blank.

Since everybody has these: 1CC PoDD ez, 1CC(?) EoSD ez, PD LoLK, something something HM ULiL

I can often chain Fall releases into more Fall releases (especially with Aya's speed), even on Normal difficulty. I'm wondering if the meter gain from cancelled Fall release bullets needs to be reduced. Maybe the level 1 and level 2 Fall releases can have the meter gain from cancelled bullets reduced by 50%?

The bar at the bottom left corner seems pretty useful

chops down boss's HP (only if you press C near the boss without getting yourself killed)

and it even turns danmaku into value

I didn't find it out until yesterday...

So, here's a bit farfetched theory. The story of TH16 will allude to the story of Momotaro.

In case you don't know (shame on you, you not-weeb!), Momotaro is a boy who was born from a giant peach. Then together with his companions a dog, a monkey, and a pheasant, journeyed to defeat a bunch of troublemaking oni.

Now, at the end of the HSiFS demo, Reimu thought about her previous opponents "a fairy, a yamanba, and a komainu", as if there's something linking them. Let's look at the bosses.
  • Komano represents the dog, obviously.
  • Nemuno represents the monkey, because a hag looks human, and human is somewhat closely related to a monkey
  • Etenity represents the pheasant, because fairies have wings and can fly. Pheasants also have wings and can fly. ...I did say this is farfetched
So, later bosses may include an oni or a peach-girl. Or less likely, a surprise appearance by Ringo (in the story, Momotaro tamed the animals with dango).

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy

Tengukami

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Uuuuuuuuuuughhhhhhhhh
Best Touhou game confirmed!
Worst Touhou game confirmed.
TOYOHIME CONFIRMED
I actually was thinking about Tenshi when I wrote that. But Toyohime works, too. Hey, this time you can beat the crap outta her.

Drake

ummmm excuse me it's actually going to be murasa because the name 水蜜 is a variety of peach

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -