Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 294922 times)

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Newgirl x Yuyuko instant ship

I imagine the newgirl x Wriggle will be more popular, since they're both insect youkai and stage 1 bosses afterall.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:44:28 PM by Xeno »

TableCloth

• Call of Loli: Waifu Warfare
And once more this topic become popular lol.

I like the art for that butterfly girl, tho. Seems really cute for ZUNart.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: MoF, IN, SA, PCB
Lunatic 1cc: MoF, IN

Currently struggling against depression by writing a light novel. Also, stop talking about nazi. The fact that I have Swastika in my name makes me stressed whenever anyone brought up any topic related to nazi and neo-nazi (unless we're talking about history, then I'm up for it). No, I'm not a neo-nazi. Neither are my parents. F**k off.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
I'll be the odd one out and guess that she could be a fairy (like a counter to Cirno as a main). Granted I do feel she will be an insect youkai, she could easily be an insect fairy (though those they are the less common of fairies from what I can tell.) but my only real thought to this is that the game deals with seasons and fairies are products of nature... maybe haha! 
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 03:51:29 PM by Colticide »
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
If she is a butterfly, though, it would make a lot of sense given the seasonal theme. And ZUN's fairy wings are typically not that insectoid.

But hey, the guy's full of surprises, who knows?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Colticide

• Awoo!~
True, we will have to wait and see! But I do find it interesting that the season where butterflies are more common is summer. (could just be a coincidence though!)

Gondolin

• The Hidden Rock
Liking the design of our new butterfly friend. Wonder if the organ on her head will bring some of that slowing mist from Medicine in StB to a spellcard.

I imagine the newgirl x Wriggle will be more popular, since they're both insect youkai and stage 1 bosses afterall.

Or with that "earth spider" from Subterranean Animism

if she counts that is...

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Or with that "earth spider" from Subterranean Animism

if she counts that is...

That's a pair I don't see too often! hmm~ (I do hope someday Yamame will come back)

Ohh man you guys were right with the cd cases.  In UFO's case I was actually thinking of Kogasa's 'surprise!' from the full version, as people've put.  My bad! ♪

I love our new butterfly friend and I'm calling her Aggie until we get an actual name and I'm drawing her already and extremely excited for the demo in general but I also just had a horrifying realization:

revenge of ISC butterfly hitbox

Princess Wriggle will be the final boss..,
Blog updated: 14.11.2011
Twitter

Drake

So NicoNico has started a programme called "Touhou Station". It will be a "variety show" hosted by Beat Mario, and the first episode will be broadcast tomorrow at 5 PM JST. ZUN will be burning his HSiFS CD-R discs from the show room remotely from somewhere else, and Tasofro will probably show off the AoCF demo.
Reposting because page. I've commented about this before, but the format will probably be very similar to the 20th anniversary livestream. This time instead of showcasing select art with the #touhou20 twitter tag, they've opened signups for people to have their new Reitaisai works advertised during the show.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 06:33:55 AM by cuc »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
Such a cute butterfly!
Warmly waiting for Reitaisai demo release.

The new girl is super adorable!  Can't wait to find out more about her.

Nebulae--Addict

• hatsune the fuck
Time to make your bets while you can, everyone, which stage do you think she's the boss of?

I'm gonna guess she is a stage one boss, she gives me a stage one boss feeling for some reason. if i lose i will pay with candies
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:51:15 PM by Nebulae--Addict »
pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy
wen day is dark alway rember happy day

Drake

Given that starting with MoF the only exceptions to the demo CD having a Stage 1 boss is TD (where Yuyuko was Stage 1) and DDC (which was just Sakuya for whatever reason) it seems pretty straightforward to expect her as Stage 1.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Love this new character's design. I just can't wait anymore uuugggghhhh I wanna see the demo already!
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
I'm very sure UFO's is Nazrin.

lmao that's true.
I mistaked full game with demo

rip me

That butterfly. One of my favorite designs for a while, seems like a return to this light-heartedness of Touhou 9 era.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!

I don't think any Stage 1 or Stage 2 bosses have really had a major connection, or any connection at all, with the Incident, and I'm not too sure a butterfly would be that closely related to it, so I'll go with the guess that she'll be a Stage 1 or 2 boss.

Colticide

• Awoo!~
Well the fanart is already chucking out really nice and beautiful art of out new bug friend!~ Really want this demo!

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
I don't think any Stage 1 or Stage 2 bosses have really had a major connection, or any connection at all, with the Incident, and I'm not too sure a butterfly would be that closely related to it, so I'll go with the guess that she'll be a Stage 1 or 2 boss.
UFO and LoLK are two notable exceptions, otherwise you're right. In UFO, Nazrin is a member of the Myouren Temple crew that attempted to free Byakuren, and in LoLK Seiran and Ringo were two lunar emissaries sent to Gensokyo as an aftermath of Junko's siege on the Lunar Capital. Otherwise the earlier bosses are just randomly encountered characters that are designed to fit their respective game's overall theme, like in DDC.

Well the fanart is already chucking out really nice and beautiful art of out new bug friend!~ Really want this demo!

Already saw those being posted on Tumblr. One of the reasons I really like being part of this great fan community  :)
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.

Quote from: ZUN
 The trial CD of Touhou: Hidden Star in Four Seasons has arrived!
 This is what CD-R does not contain any data.

Well, I am glad that it was on time. So, tomorrow (with the help of Mr. Dwango) I will burn this CD-R, bake it, and distribute it at Reitaisei on Sunday!  The price is expected to be 300 yen. Say hello on the day of the big festival!
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

Uh... Bake? I question this process.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Uh... Bake? I question this process.

Probably Google Translate's version of the word "burn" as in "burn a CD".

I think "bake" means putting the picture on it.

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
Probably Google Translate's version of the word "burn" as in "burn a CD".

Probably. Google Translate sucks at quality translations.
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

Drake

The word for CD burning in Japanese is 焼く, to bake/cook.