Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 294992 times)

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
This is important

I saw that two days ago lol

and you made me click on it again  :trollface:
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

Gondolin

• The Hidden Rock
This is important

Now I won't be able to help but think of Cirno whenever I hear the Pillar Men Awaken track. And I'm not sure what to think of that

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Now I won't be able to help but think of Cirno whenever I hear the Pillar Men Awaken track. And I'm not sure what to think of that

kars' laugh except it's cirno instead as she makes her way tew conquer the sun.
yawn...

Kurzov

kars' laugh except it's cirno instead as she makes her way tew conquer the sun.

i don't get that

??? ???   :derp:
"Better think awhile

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...

i don't get that

??? ???   :derp:

this except imagine cirno's face over kars' (the character laughing) face.

the joke is that tanned cirno is probably conquering the sun, and in JoJo, kars is an antagonist that has the same goal of conquering the sun. he is known for his laugh.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 12:14:52 AM by ~Shin Kuroi~ »
yawn...

Kurzov

this except imagine cirno's face over kars' (the character laughing) face.

the joke is that tanned cirno is probably conquering the sun, and in JoJo, kars is an antagonist that has the same goal of conquering the sun. he is known for his laugh.

oh. I've never watched JoJo... or any real anime, for that matter.
"Better think awhile

This is important

Has anyone else noticed since Tan Cirno's reveal that racist comments have been appearing more often within the western fandom? People either saying n-Cirno or n-rino? I imagine its even worse on Warosu /jp/ or /v/

Its really vile.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 01:15:25 PM by Xeno »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Has anyone else noticed since Tan Cirno's reveal that racist comments have been appearing more often within the western fandom? People either saying n-Cirno or n-rino? I imagine its even worse on Warosu /jp/ or /v/

Its really vile.

Yeah, it is pretty bad on /jp/. Troglodytes from /pol/ have wended their way into TH16 discussion threads. They're still pretty mad at ZUN about "Alternative Facts".

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Yeah, it is pretty bad on /jp/. Troglodytes from /pol/ have wended their way into TH16 discussion threads. They're still pretty mad at ZUN about "Alternative Facts".

Yeah I figured as much as /jp/ (as well as other sections) is nothing but a cesspool of human trash (Not all users of course but you know what I mean~)  Also if you don't mind me asking, why are they mad about "Alternative Facts"? I just imported the book from Amazon Japan not too long ago~  :)

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
Yeah I figured as much as /jp/ (as well as other sections) is nothing but a cesspool of human trash (Not all users of course but you know what I mean~)  Also if you don't mind me asking, why are they mad about "Alternative Facts"? I just imported the Lightnovel from Amazon Japan not too long ago~  :)

Because it makes fun of the Trump administration for coining that term.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
That's why I just don't visit 4chan anymore.

Tengukami

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
What's the point of that site anyway? It is confusing to navigate or find old topics, and full of annoying cuss-happy people.

Oh, I know! Garbage dump.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 02:38:49 PM by Kageshirou »

Tengukami

Very accurately described, good sir, but I personally find this one to be even more fitting;

I regret that, sadly, I have nothing more to really add to any conversation at the moment. Patiently awaiting and looking forward to all these new things recently announced, however.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Boy it gets even worse for them if you read some of the stuff in the book, because man
Spoiler:
ZUN (through one of the interviews in the book that Aya conducts) is basically talking shit about a lot of Trump's policies and the alt-right movement in general, just in a way that Gensokyo has the same issues, but you can obviously see his hard stance on those issues (and he uses Aya as an example of presenting facts in hugely biased ways just to appeal to readers who only wants to hear what they want to hear and all).

Its really vile.
In short, Anime fandom (Which the 2hu fandom overlaps with) has always been misogynistic and racist as hell. Partially because Japan is a very bigoted country that has had a long history of racism, sexism, and pedophilia, and also partially because most of it is centered in America, a country with a just as horrifically racist history as japan*, this has always naturally attracted a LOT of horrible human beings. Neo-Nazis, MRAs, Red Pillers, Lolicon fanatics, ect.

With fascism under going a rebirth (That i think will led to a new age of hatred and oppression not seen since WW2, but thats besides the point), its not surprising alot of horrible people are saying and horrible shit about Touhou, alot of people are very angry at ZUN for promoting pro-immigration views in his works right now.

*Please note that i am NOT saying that all Japanese or all Americans are bigoted, just that hatred is a big problem in those countries. There are absolutely other countries that have just as much problems with those issues, but those countries aren't really relevant right now.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
Boy it gets even worse for them if you read some of the stuff in the book, because man
Spoiler:
ZUN (through one of the interviews in the book that Aya conducts) is basically talking shit about a lot of Trump's policies and the alt-right movement in general, just in a way that Gensokyo has the same issues, but you can obviously see his hard stance on those issues (and he uses Aya as an example of presenting facts in hugely biased ways just to appeal to readers who only wants to hear what they want to hear and all).

So basically they're mad at ZUN for being a respectful human being, unlike themselves?

As expected of alt-right. They have no respect for other people's opinion and anything that is against their ideology is just simply "liberal".

Back to the topic, I'm guessing the whole "180 turn" is making Cirno tanned?

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds

Its really vile.
Yikes.

I guess I should've expected this happening sooner or later, good thing I didn't see a trace of any of that here and on YouTube :V
Hell, I already thought there'd be a backlash about that practically all Touhou characters have only fair skin colors
This is all still really disgraceful to see, of course.

If I could wish something, then that'd be people finally stop crying over skin colors and ethnical differences, geez. This is getting out of hand.

Anyway, thinking about this now, I wonder what exactly did make Cirno's skin tan? I'm also really amused to see the reaction of all the people to this who've been led by the (mostly) fanon idea that Cirno melts in high temperatures. This would be quite the unexpected "180?" turn for many people out there, although I did see Cirno lying in a puddle all exhausted in a VFiS chapter (I don't exactly remember which one though).

Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Drake

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

ZXNova

• Life is an explosion!
In Strange Creators of Outer World (https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Strange_Creators_of_Outer_World/Basic_Knowledge_of_Fantastic_Words_2015), It was mentioned that there were two barriers that covered Gensokyo. The Barrier of Illusion/Fantasy and Reality, and the Hakurei Barrier. The Barrier of Illusion and Reality allows is so that youkai from anywhere can come into Gensokyo, not just the ones that exist in Japan. The youkai expansion project, in other words. Now the main purpose of this barrier may have been to give more power to the youkai, but you gotta think about it. It's been basically said long ago that Gensokyo has been willing to open up its borders to other youkai. Even if it is just for youkai, it isn't just youkai. Now I'm not trying look too deep into this, but basically, Gensokyo has been having its borders open to other youkai for a long time. That's basically saying that Gensokyo has already been accepting of outsiders in a way. Gensokyo could have just only had eastern youkai only, but it hasn't. There's western-type youkai here too. We have werewolves, we have vampires, chupacabra. Maybe more types of youkai in the future. Clearly the youkai have no issues with others.

As for tanned Cirno, I find it even funnier that people are complaining about her for simply having a tan. Come on now? There's so many things to be said about that it's ridiculous. Am also glad that this tan Cirno proves that Cirno doesn't actually melt. I mean come on, she's a fairy, not a literal block of ice.

Gondolin

• The Hidden Rock
In short, Anime fandom (Which the 2hu fandom overlaps with) has always been misogynistic and racist as hell.

I've always seen the anime fandom as being pretty accepting and diverse in a large manner of ways- a sort of 'our hobby is weird and people think we're weird but we can be weird together' kind of thing, but maybe my initial interactions with it were different from most. That said, certainly in recent years I've seen less of that, generally online.

As for tanned Cirno, I find it even funnier that people are complaining about her for simply having a tan. Come on now? There's so many things to be said about that it's ridiculous.

When I first saw tanned Cirno I was surprised because it was unexpected in a way that only including an old character as playable but with a tan can be, but at the end of the day it is just a tan.
People choosing to take issue with things that should be non-issues is nothing new I suppose. I for one am enjoying the nice spin it brings to Cirno fanart.

~Shin Kuroi~

• Sleepy Cat
  • fuwaaa... sleepy...
Spoiler:

i do not read the print works or the manga, so may i ask for an example? (either in link form or in spoiler marked form). sorry if that's an annoying request!! i just can't seem tew find it anywhere. it's fine if not !

i'm sure tanned cirno, viewing from the outside world, is calling them "baka" right now.

"My tan is soooooooooo cool! Those idiots are too dumb to see it!"
yawn...

Basically, ZUN (or Aya as it's her book) just took some speech from Trump but replaced some words to fit in Genoskyo. Heres a link
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2676378
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 02:34:08 PM by martelefort »

Tengukami

Basically, ZUN (or Aya as it's her book) just took some speech from Trump but replaced some words to fit in Genoskyo. Heres a link
http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2676378

The whole thing is pretty masterful, really. And it really pleases me that a man who lives in a country with very restrictive immigration controls, especially a guy who evokes Japan's ancient past as often as he does, made the conscious decision to do this and managed to pull it off in a light and humorous way.

D-T

Moreover the interview with Hecatia near the end of the book pretty clearly has him use her as a bit of a mouthpiece and makes it clear he's very pro-immigration, using Gensokyo, the Lunar Capital, and Hell as non-specific analogies for the real world.

Kurzov

CUT CUT CUT

Well, I'm not a moderator or anything, but I think they would appreciate if we would get back to the game discussion. Just a suggestion.

If need be, moderators: Move the AFiEU talk to it's own thread.
"Better think awhile

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
Well at this time there's not really anything much that can be said about the game itself. We'll need to wait for the demo in a week's time.

Also, /jp/ is literal trash.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.