Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 293808 times)

Drake

Funny that gilde went over that because I was doing exactly the same all day today after having meant to for like two weeks. I also definitely got the impression that what he was actually saying with that piece of conversation isn't congruous with how people here have taken it, and I think it would be apt to not think too hard about interpreting it because all that's going to happen is the game comes out and people go "hurr that's not what he said before durr". Some other random tidbits:

ZUN "It's not that I've become resistant to alcohol, it's that alcohol has become integrated into me; my body no longer views it as a foreign substance. Wine isn't currently well-integrated so I'm busy integrating that now. Wine is tasty."
[18:43:22] <Drake> pub manager says he hears a lot about how certain alcohol pairs better/worse with certain foods but people should just pick what they like
[18:43:31] <Drake> zun says he agrees
[18:45:37] <Drake> happens a lot with wine, says people should stop asking for recommendations and let people decide for themself cause their tastes are different
[18:47:03] <Drake> "i don't like people that just ask for recommendations at a restaurant, even though it's just cause they can't decide"
[18:49:31] <Drake> "it's much better to live in a world where people decide for themselves whether they like a thing or not based on their own tastes; even if something ends up bad at least it was them that made that assessment"
[18:59:21] <Drake> also there's some rant that seems to be about how stories of otaku overcoming the world are becoming popular, when really they shouldn't be glorifying the life of otaku and romanticizing bullying and depression and the like
[18:59:57] <Drake> but i can't get any specifics
ZUN "I've been getting comments that for C92 the 樂 in 上海アリス幻樂団 has become simplified (楽), but really that's been the case with Comiket for a while now"
U2 "Can't they read?"
ZUN "Maybe it's that they can't use the old-form characters so they're just all changed. In all of them I've participated in it's turned out that way so if someone could please verify that"
ZUN "It's become more of 'Did he change the circle name?', but when some other people see it they just call them secondaries"
Okonogi "Isn't it fine, being a secondary...?"
ZUN "I'm happy there are secondaries. Saying 'secondaries' is a bit much, but I'm happy there are new fans"

« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:46:47 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

So HSIFS is going to be more than a mere incident involving why seasons are happening at random?

if so

it'll make things more interesting

highly unlikely though

Drake

The true incident is almost literally always not what it first appears.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Just to be absolutely sure: When is this game going to be released? Is it in the 10th? (9th for us)?
I've been playing the demo over and over. I can't wait to play the full version.
I will also admit these recent reveals by ZUN are actually getting me quite curious.
I need something to forget my sad college life after all

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

Comiket doors are open from 10 AM to 4 PM JST; ZUN's tabling on the first day, which is the 11th in Japan. (So info on the game will start rolling in on the evening of the 10th in the West.) For people who can't get it at Comiket, the game will be available from JP retailers starting August 31 (in JST once again, I'm assuming).

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
So HSIFS is going to be more than a mere incident involving why seasons are happening at random?

if so

it'll make things more interesting

highly unlikely though
Quite likely, actually.  The Lunar invasion in 15 didn't turn out to be what we all think.

Comiket doors are open from 10 AM to 4 PM JST; ZUN's tabling on the first day, which is the 11th in Japan. (So info on the game will start rolling in on the evening of the 10th in the West.) For people who can't get it at Comiket, the game will be available from JP retailers starting August 31 (in JST once again, I'm assuming).

Oh thank god

ill be able to enjoy the game before my new semester begins next week

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
Really? Are you going to Comiket or do you have a friend getting a copy for you?

Thank you for the exact info!

Really? Are you going to Comiket or do you have a friend getting a copy for you?

Someone is getting a copy for me^^

Someone is getting a copy for me^^

When you get a copy of it, tell us your thoughts of personally playing it if you can. I feel like this'll be interesting.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
ZUN "I'm happy there are secondaries. Saying 'secondaries' is a bit much, but I'm happy there are new fans"
lol whatever the Japanese original is, I won't ever use the word "secondaries" the way 4chan wield it, even in a context of showing disapproval of its users.

In today's (Aug 9) Touhou Station #4 stream, ZUN began by revealing that his grandmother had passed away 5 days before the master copy deadline, and he absolutely needed to spend 2 days back at his hometown attending the funeral. He considered giving up on Summer Comiket, but the print company (for pressing the disc) gave him one additional day to finish the game.

At the end, he also said AoCF is "30% complete".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 01:47:19 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

game2011

• mineiptXD
lol whatever the Japanese original is, I won't ever use the word "secondaries" the way 4chan wield it, even in a context of showing disapproval of its users.

In today's (Aug 9) Touhou Station #4 stream, ZUN began by revealing that his grandmother had passed away 5 days before the master copy deadline, and he absolutely needed to spend 2 days back at his hometown attending the funeral. He considered giving up on Summer Comiket, but the print company (for pressing the disc) gave him one additional day to finish the game.

My condolences to his family...  May God be with his family and comfort them all...

And I think it's safe to say AoCF isn't being released this year anymore...

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Other things:
The show started with a survey report on Touhou doujin circles, except only 16 out of 117 surveyed circles responded.

ZUN: "If you have worked hard, you can easily achieve about 90% satisfaction. You need perseverance and spending money to bring it up to 100%."

Stories of "biggest loss you ever had":
- 6,000 yen: Nobody bought the circle's first ever (photocopied) doujin. (10 yen * 20 pages * 30 copies = 6000 yen)

- 400,000 yen: Respondent: "As expected, it didn't sell."

- 50,000 yen: Respondent: "People didn't get references to Ephemeral Moon..."
ZUN: "Ephemeral Moon was not very well liked when it came out, but has plenty of fans these days."

- 15 million yen: Due to using an expensive printing/binding format.
ZUN: "There is no loss [in the fiscal sense] in making doujin, because it involves no capital."

On changes they are seeing:
- The number of young fans have increased.
- The backlash against people who don't know a lot about the original Touhou (ah yes, "secondaries") have receded. It has become easier to declare yourself someone who only recently became a fan.

Part 2 had guests play the Last Words from IN. ZUN called "Unseaonsal Butterfly Storm" easy. He got immediately shot down by "Ancient Duper" himself.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 02:42:55 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Ancient Duper is a jerk spell card :V Damn it Tewi.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Sad to hear that. Hope ZUN will be alright when attending Comiket. Stay strong :)
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Damn that's sad to hear...

May his grandmother rest in peace.

Possible Winter Comiket release?

i would say that it be a better approach than getting it done by Fall reitaisai.

ZUN called "Unseaonsal Butterfly Storm" easy. He got immediately shot down by "Ancient Duper" himself.

Honest question: Is that spellcard actually easy?

PK

• Border of Whatever
Didn't they say AoCF was at 30% few months ago? Am i imagining things?

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
Uh, I've been kind of detached from Touhou stuff for the past two months, what is the status currently? Development is done and we're waiting for ComiKet now?
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

HFiFS tomorrow.

AoCF still in development hell.

game2011

• mineiptXD
Didn't they say AoCF was at 30% few months ago? Am i imagining things?
I think 20.

Am I going insane or did the Hype? post vanish?

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Am I going insane or did the Hype? post vanish?
It did. Maybe the mods/poster deleted it?
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Maths ~Angelic Version~

• Aspiring Mathematician of Brilliant Laziness
The Hype^2 post contained a reference to downloading the full game. It was most likely deleted for discussing/encouraging piracy, which is forbidden.

Sometimes things like this makes me think: Is english Touhou community really THAT better, than the my country's one?

Sometimes things like this makes me think: Is english Touhou community really THAT better, than the my country's one?

We don't know your country, friend.
I do find this pretty silly, though - but this isn't the place to discuss this forum's rules. I'm more interested in if ZUN refined the scoring system.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Please watch warmly as Japan is preparing for Comiket and release of Touhou 16. As mentioned before, this thread will now be locked.

Please continue the talk/discussion here: https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,20979.0.html

Be warned that Touhou 16 talk is now considered now No-Spoiler and we expect people to tag spoilers proper. If you have any question, feel free to ask or PM.