Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 295058 times)

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
Also, I don't exactly think that's a very shocking or scary boss art lol
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Why not something like Suzumi Kuzu in Len'en BHoPC ? A shadow of some kind of strong demon just beside the character. That would explain the "creepy" thing. After all, that would probably be in the forest of magic in the night, that's a nice place to meet some kind of creepy person.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
https://ref.gamer.com.tw/redir.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmem8120%2Fstatus%2F866698864899768320

New character introduced, possibly Stage 4 boss.
Her name's Siunkai Amane, and she has a freakin' (poorly drawn) revolver!

But...the Taiwanese forum I found this link at is suspecting that the art might be fake.
Anyone care to verify it?
I posted this some posts back, and it's confirmed fake.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
I dunno where the extrapolation that she's even meant to be a fake character comes from, since nothing in the original tweet implies that. It's just an OC.
EDIT: Oh, the images before that. But yeah this was all back just when the trial was released, and they say that it was found by digging in the trial files which is wrong, even ignoring that it's obviously fake anyways.

Right, after being told by Lebon14 that it is a fake, I did some investigation and found that the release date of the screenshot (not too long after the trial version's release) is the ultimate proof of its being a fake.
She also isn't holding a gun, it's a spray bottle that sprays purple mist, which she uses to attack and hide. When the mist reaches the skies it becomes a purple raincloud.

It looks like a gun, though. That trigger guard and revolver-like grip is what made me think it is a gun. I think the description for "Amane" even has the Kanji for "gun" somewhere in it...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
She also isn't holding a gun, it's a spray bottle that sprays purple mist, which she uses to attack and hide.

The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Drake

I think the description for "Amane" even has the Kanji for "gun" somewhere in it...
Yes, as in "it isn't a gun".

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yokai/images/b/be/Jimenju.png/revision/latest?cb=20160729140538
But with heads of cute girls!

Actually, I really want stage 4's boss to be this.

Then the forest of magic will be the forest of nightmares....

That would be a terrible awesome idea

So what day does the game come out  ???
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Isn't it a bit weird that web trial hasn't yet been released?
It's like ZUN's trying to hide something from us

I love that fake character on account of she's a sea slug. An ame-furashi (rain-faller), lol

Isn't it a bit weird that web trial hasn't yet been released?
It's like ZUN's trying to hide something from us

He said on Nikenme Radio that he didn't want the web demo's dev time (which he does pro bono) to cut into the dev time for the actual game. He did say that he'd consider it once the full game is done, though, which it now is. So the demo might arrive some time in the remaining week before release... or it might not. Who knows.

Around what time does ZUN start selling those things?When LoLk came out I got the characters spoiled, so I will not let the same happen again!

We should have a fancy countdown page so I know if I have to stay up the night.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 09:11:15 PM by Fluury »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Around what time does ZUN start selling those things?When LoLk came out I got the characters spoiled, so I will not let the same happen again!
He starts selling them from the start.

Also when Touhou 16 is released we will start a new thread with no spoiler moderation. Meaning all names, images, plots, dialogues and such should be put behind spoiler tags. We did the same for Touhou 15, so you probably browsed different sources.

Enko

• Spirit flying to anywhere
ZUN「I think TH16 is a game you are happy during the gaming but depressed after gaming.
Ah - Maybe that's ture.You may feel a negative feeling when you see the bosses' illustration from Stg.4~6」

That's what ZUN said in the web radio program .

So that's interesting.WHAT will happen to the final boss,or how special this time things changed?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 03:29:31 AM by Yanstime »
Need help with C# DX developing.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Notice that he didn't say anything about the extra boss being scary.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
ZUN is going places with this.
I honestly don't even know what to expect anymore.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

what if these two are marionettes?

Is a possiblity, but it's almost certain now that what's behind the three is just a large window image, same as the one used in the pre-title screen.

Although the concept of a boss manipulating two human-sized marionettes does sound pretty interesting!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
what if these two are marionettes?

They are not. Those lines are tracing along the corner of those window-like objects.

Edit:  it was even sketched in this post
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:03:47 AM by Helepolis »

but it's almost certain now that what's behind the three is just a large window image, same as the one used in the pre-title screen.
The large window image and this are kinda different thing

They are not. Those lines are tracing along the corner of those window-like objects.
strangely there is only one line in the corner
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:50:48 PM by Kafuu »

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
That's what ZUN said in the web radio program .
:V

That's one hella twist for a game that he initially declared to be more lighthearted than the previous games.

One week now feels like an eternity and I'm really craving to know what ZUN's come up with for the later game.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

I mean, music or generally theme-wise 16 did start kind of happy and then sounded more... anxious, if that makes sense.

Maybe ZUN is preparing the biggest bait-and-switch in Tohu history.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
If that's something like manipulating people alive with strings then yes itns creepy.

JOKE: Alice really turned into a wicked girl to play not with human shapes, but human bodies !

PK

• Border of Whatever
So you're happy while playing but not after? Maybe the ending is sad?

About the creepy boss art, what if he brings something unexpected like one of those youkai with a single big eye, or some other not-totally-human creature like centaurs or harpies?

Whoa, you're right.  I could swear the window was also in there, but it looks like it's two overlapped images.  Man, I wonder if that is part of the boss' sprite then.

That might just be the "Aura" ( that thing that most final bosses have like Yuyuko's Fan and Byakuren's Lotus ) that the Culprit has this time around.
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

I doubt the game would be that dark considering you can play as berserk Cirno. Heck, I can see the final boss portrayed as a butt monkey since she got defeated by something she caused in the first place.

Quoting the interview with ZUN in BAiJR here: "For Phantasmagoria of Flower View, the theme I made was "enjoyable while playing and after playing". Usually, you may think "playing is fun", and it's exciting to do so, but if playing is all there is, then it's unexpectedly not fun." If this game is enjoyable while playing but not after, then maybe it has something to do with the overall atmosphere and story in addition to the negative character art. My guess is that those three factors will be overall depressing, as opposed to PoFV's "Feel-good quality".

I went and found a transcript (+recording) of the Nikenme stream since I was interested. ZUN's not so much saying that it'll be depressing or dark, so much as it'll be, like-- unexpected, I guess is the word? A curveball? Some quotes that stand out to me:
  • You probably won't understand it even after after you play it a bunch.
  • Like "wait, *that's* what the whole jade scepter thing meant? Huh?", that sort of thing.
  • You've got people predicting that the storyline will be about such-and-such, you're expecting a certain kind of world based on the trial version, and then you see this totally different world opening up and it's like, what? All of a sudden. It's gross like that.
  • (Buta: Of course it all makes sense in your mind, though.) Yeah-- if anything, I set the world up to make sense from the start, really. Like, "oh, so *that's* what that means...!". Still kind of incomprehensible, though.
  • Or "I thought I'd be able to beat the game really easy, but..." (Buta: *laughing* Oh god, I'm getting more nervous with every sentence.) But I've still got time to tweak that sort of thing, so it's fine. (Buta: You're still working on it though, right? Still working on it.) There's in-universe factors to consider too, though...

i'm looking forward to the same feeling i got when i found out that lolk's stage 5 boss was named clownpiece but, like, times 10. unironically

e: going back through a couple of other recent shows, he said that he tries to make the CD silhouettes guessable on purpose; it's part of the fun. Junko's is the sole exception cause he wanted to make LoLK "difficult" in every respect, lol

edit 2: vvv IM DUMB
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 05:32:19 AM by gilde »

Buta is not Buta-Otome
He is Okonogi, previously editor-in-chief for Chara☆Mel Febri magazine