Author Topic: Touhou 16 「東方天空璋(とうほうてんくうしょう) ~ Hidden Star in Four Seasons」 announced  (Read 297844 times)

I'd say the ex midboss is gonna be Nemuno (if the extra stage takes place somewhere near her place) or one of the characters from st4-st6. I doubt Aunn would return considering I don't find it likely that Reimu or Marisa to attack her again unless Aunn is the one being offensive then.

Well, if the ex boss is indeed some kind of god, she might defend her place and try to fend off the heorines.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
I, too, feel like the midboss is gonna be Sakata. I don't know why it's just a feel. If that's the case, that would mean the extra stage would take place near the youkai mountain. The boss would probably be linked with the tengu. Also, that way, Aya being playable would make even more sense storywise, Cirno already being justified by the fearies-going-berserk thing.

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
How are people feeling in general about this game so far?
I played the demo and I honestly really liked it. But when I went to see a few videos about it, people were acting like this is the worst game ever made. I don't even think the music is half bad either.
I really do like the fact that the game feels simpler. I don't understand the mechanics whole so far but I like that you're not exactly forced to chase UFOs or spirits or POC around now.

The nova of the ocean of the cleverness

I think there's been a pretty positive reaction to the game all around. And at the very least I certainly enjoy it. The boss patterns tend to be a bit generic though (Nemuno in particular).

As for the mechanic, I'd argue that this isn't any simpler than UFO. The fact that everything in the game relies heavily on clearing away the danmaku is kind of sad but it is interesting.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Perhaps I am not really in position to ask this much, since I don't play for score beyond very basic things, but what exactly is wrong with the scoring in the game (if anything)?
I'm seeing enough people complain about it to the point I have to actually wonder.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
I cannot speak for the score thing since I don't play for score but for survival.

So in my case, I really enjoyed the game, yes. The fact that there are four playable character and that you can "customize" your shottype feels really pleasant while being simple at the same time.
Do you want to insist on homing ? Then take the spring subweapon. Would you like to destroy fearies with enough strength around you ? Autumn is for yor you ! Do you want to send attacks everywhere ? There's summer aid for you ! Oh, so you want to focus on destroying the boss ? Then I say "winter is coming" !

Yeah well, the only "bad" thing I would say about the game is that the patern of the stages aren't too well worked. I mean it's nothing new. I already had the same problem in DDC and LoLK for some stages anyway, Since DDC, I don't find the patern of the stages that beautiful anymore.
But as for the bosses, I don't really have anything to complain. Also, the difficulty feels not too hard and not too easy on hard mode(at least for me) so I'm happy for now.

The ost is appreciable and I still think that larva's theme is one of the best first boss theme of the whole serie. The athmosphere is well worked, for each stages you feel like you're at a time of a day in a season.(you feel upbeat on the first stage, while being melancholic on the second)

I have been playing demo of touhou since Ten Desires, and as for now, it's my favorite demo.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 06:40:55 PM by MaskedLeon »

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
I've been playing the demos since DDC, myself.
I especially like the Stage 1 theme here (A Star of Hope Arises in the Blue Sky) and I even loved the visuals. The background in Stage 1 looks pretty crisp and beautiful.

- The second half of HSiFS will betray your expectation. It will make you feel uneasy, maybe creep you out. You will see it from the artwork of the fourth boss.

Im imagining the fourth stage boss having a non-humanoid body but rather a deformed shape of something else with mima being her extra head

CrestedPeak9

• Fangame Advocate
Perhaps I am not really in position to ask this much, since I don't play for score beyond very basic things, but what exactly is wrong with the scoring in the game (if anything)?
I'm seeing enough people complain about it to the point I have to actually wonder.

I've been playing Easy scoring and enjoying it tremendously
However, on higher difficulties, you can hit the PiV cap quite early, which evidently breaks the game.
Also the Fall release chaining is a bit too strong.
Lunatic 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, LoLK, HSiFS, WBaWC

Drake

I don't think being able to hit the point value cap or not is a particularly good measure; at worst it's the fact that you're even able to hit the cap which illustrates how crazy abusable and exponential the system is. Having a cap can be a reasonable decision, firstly to check that you can't actually just explode the game, and design-wise once you hit the cap the goal of scoring changes into fully utilizing that capped value by cashing optimally; if there is no cap your goal is similar throughout the whole game (raise and cash when appropriate). But because release 1) raises point value, 2) spawns more season items, 3) AND spawns point items, it does everything: raising value is simultaneously cashing in and also itself allows you to raise value and cash in more.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

I don't think being able to hit the point value cap or not is a particularly good measure; at worst it's the fact that you're even able to hit the cap which illustrates how crazy abusable and exponential the system is. Having a cap can be a reasonable decision, firstly to check that you can't actually just explode the game, and design-wise once you hit the cap the goal of scoring changes into fully utilizing that capped value by cashing optimally; if there is no cap your goal is similar throughout the whole game (raise and cash when appropriate). But because release 1) raises point value, 2) spawns more season items, 3) AND spawns point items, it does everything: raising value is simultaneously cashing in and also itself allows you to raise value and cash in more.

I understand none of this ;D

Marron

• Ordinary crow
What scared me the most when I was children about non human beings were semi-robotic, semi-human. So I highly doubt that'll be the case here right.  Another fear was humans who were possessed by some kind of spirit, you see the body of someone yet it's not the spirit of that same perso who speaks to you.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
What scared me the most when I was children about non human beings were semi-robotic, semi-human. So I highly doubt that'll be the case here right.  Another fear was humans who were possessed by some kind of spirit, you see the body of someone yet it's not the spirit of that same perso who speaks to you.

Is your fear in this case related to the Uncanny Valley?
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
Is anybody else having trouble with the replays?
I just saved a simple replay here as Marisa Winter, yet when I played it back it was completely desynchronized and I was Marisa Summer instead.
I simply quitted out of the replay and played it again and it played right.

I apologize if i am being inconvenient, but how exactly does scoring work in Hidden Star in Four Seasons? I apologize for my ignorance  :ohdear:
1CC Easy: UFO , MOF, PCB, DDC, GFW, POFV, TD, IN, SA, 1CC Normal: MOF, DDC, IN, POFV, PCB, TD, EOSD, HSIFS
Extra Mode: Ran Yakumo, Okina Matara

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women

Im imagining the fourth stage boss having a non-humanoid body but rather a deformed shape of something else with mima being her extra head
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yokai/images/b/be/Jimenju.png/revision/latest?cb=20160729140538
But with heads of cute girls!

Actually, I really want stage 4's boss to be this.

I apologize if i am being inconvenient, but how exactly does scoring work in Hidden Star in Four Seasons? I apologize for my ignorance  :ohdear:
If you press C a circle will appear around your character )namely a release). (but the type depends on the season/subshot you choose)
The gauge is in the bottom left. The bigger the number, the stronger your releasable is.
The Spring releasable has a good range, the Summer releasable only uses up a small portion of your gauge but has short range and low duration, the Autumn one is attached to the player and the winter one is stationary but lasts for a long time.
Spring is recommended to be used during stages when there are lots of enemies, Summer is recommended to use against stronger enemies and beginnings of boss attacks, autumn is hard to use but the strongest if mastered and winter is recommended against bosses considering if it's level 4, 5 or 6 it can actually take out an entire spellcard.

Might not be the best way to help you out but I hope it's clear and understandable.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Is anybody else having trouble with the replays?
I just saved a simple replay here as Marisa Winter, yet when I played it back it was completely desynchronized and I was Marisa Summer instead.
I simply quitted out of the replay and played it again and it played right.
The problem is the game will use the last season you chose in player selection, for the replay- causing it to desync due to incorrect shot type. If you go pick the correct one and then exit to main menu it'll work. Since it's an obvious glitch, I imagine it'll probably be fixed in the full release.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

FamilyTeam

• Love Sign
  • Master Spark
The problem is the game will use the last season you chose in player selection, for the replay- causing it to desync due to incorrect shot type. If you go pick the correct one and then exit to main menu it'll work. Since it's an obvious glitch, I imagine it'll probably be fixed in the full release.
Actually...
I played the game, saved a replay then quit. I opened the Replay menu, selected the one I just saved and crashed to desktop (which is an issue in its own right and I hope this kind of instability is also gone)
I come back, go straight to the replay, and it was desynched and with Marisa Summer. So it couldn't possibly have been because of a previous playthrough.
It does seem like a pretty obvious bug and I hope it's not here in the final release.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
https://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/yokai/images/b/be/Jimenju.png/revision/latest?cb=20160729140538
But with heads of cute girls!

Actually, I really want stage 4's boss to be this.
If stage 4 is really being set in the Forest of Magic (I'm kinda having doubts because of ZUN's remark), this actually would be really fitting. It certainly looks grotesque while also having such a mythological background, and it would creep me out for sure if something similar to this were the stage boss character.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
ZUN: Haven't come out in quite some time. I'm sweating non-stop.

ZUN: So, Touhou Tenkuushou has successfully reached master up [Japanese-made English: completion of the master disc for replication; the equivalent English jargon is "gone gold"]. See you at Summer Comiket~

ZUN: It's so hot! Despite the grueling schedule, I have the feeling I managed to make something cool.
[Picture of Kirin beer.]

ZUN: Downed two pints of draught beer after working all the night. Truth be told, I still need to go meet the wife and kids, back from her hometown... But this master up high just won't end!
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 06:14:02 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

I'm kind of surprised. For LoLK I vaguely remember him working right up to the deadline. Not to throw any shade or anything but hopefully this means stages 4-EX will be well polished.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

and still no web trial version

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Glad to hear that he could finish the development of HSiFS a fair amount of time before its scheduled release, which sounds quite promising for the full release.
The anticipation now is real :)
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
https://ref.gamer.com.tw/redir.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmem8120%2Fstatus%2F866698864899768320

New character introduced, possibly Stage 4 boss.
Her name's Siunkai Amane, and she has a freakin' (poorly drawn) revolver!

But...the Taiwanese forum I found this link at is suspecting that the art might be fake.
Anyone care to verify it?

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
https://ref.gamer.com.tw/redir.php?url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmem8120%2Fstatus%2F866698864899768320

New character introduced, possibly Stage 4 boss.
Her name's Siunkai Amane, and she has a freakin' (poorly drawn) revolver!

But...the Taiwanese forum I found this link at is suspecting that the art might be fake.
Anyone care to verify it?

It is fake.

Doesn't look like it was drawn in ZUN's style or ripped from the game sprites, so probably a fan drawing.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
Doesn't look like it was drawn in ZUN's style or ripped from the game sprites, so probably a fan drawing.

So by extension, the photos showing her exchanging dialogues with Reimu ala the bosses also turned out to be part of a REALLY well-made danmakufu script using HFiFS's engine...or something like that...
Dammit, hyping for nothing...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 02:59:14 AM by Lt Colonel Summers »

Considering ZUN is the sole creator of touhou, I don't think we'll ever have leaks like this.  Closest we get is Zun's smartly concealed stage 4 screenshots a few days before release, but no full blown spoilers like this fake stuff that always emerges before launch.

Drake

I dunno where the extrapolation that she's even meant to be a fake character comes from, since nothing in the original tweet implies that. It's just an OC.
EDIT: Oh, the images before that. But yeah this was all back just when the trial was released, and they say that it was found by digging in the trial files which is wrong, even ignoring that it's obviously fake anyways.

She also isn't holding a gun, it's a spray bottle that sprays purple mist, which she uses to attack and hide. When the mist reaches the skies it becomes a purple raincloud.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 05:15:33 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -