Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 97067 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #990 on: September 28, 2017, 04:21:25 AM »
>We can have a little chuckle ourselves, but try not to make Lily feel any more uncomfortable than she already does

>The little blonde seems to be taking it in stride, as she smiles as the three of you have a laugh. "Yeah, that one was a new one on me."
>"I supposed we should have warned you." Miyo says around her laughter. "Firecracker's a bit 'sensitive' in some areas."
>"That's not a common name for a Fairy." White Rose observes.
>"She's from Eagleland. You're not the first one that's discovered her habits by accident." Miyo assures Lily. "I doubt you'll be the last, either."
>Lily nods. "Still, boss, I kinda feel like I owe ya something to make up for it."

« Reply #991 on: September 28, 2017, 04:41:14 AM »
>"It's fine, really."

« Reply #992 on: September 28, 2017, 05:03:02 AM »
>"It's fine, really."

>Lily thinks on that. "Okay, I'll figure it out later." she says firmly before fluttering up to your group and taking a seat next to White Rose. "Well, tell me what I missed."

« Reply #993 on: September 28, 2017, 05:09:05 AM »
>Describe the battles she missed

« Reply #994 on: September 30, 2017, 02:36:53 AM »
>Describe the battles she missed

>Settling back in, you fill Lily in on first the duel you had with Kenyu alone, and then the brawl that erupted subsequently. Lily does nothing to conceal her displeasure at your description of Cynthia and Wataru's attitudes concerning Reisen. You consider telling her about your conversation with Wataru after the fight, but as Miyo is still present and you're not certain how Wataru would feel about people telling his story willy-nilly to anyone around, you debate the matter for a moment.
>As you mull, however, a fairly loud groan comes up from the crowd aroud Poppy and Cynthia's fight. There is some cheering, but by and large the sound is a negative one. Some of the onlookers start to move away, giving you a clearer view of the arena. Poppy is down on one knee, her clothing destroyed, and Cynthia is now standing triumphant. She doesn't have a heck of a lot of clothes left on her either, but she's obviously the sole survivor of this fight.

« Reply #995 on: September 30, 2017, 02:53:25 AM »
>Dangit
>...she's probably going to gloat about this now, isn't she.
>Well, we didn't come here to win a competition, but to learn and improve ourselves. Worth reminding ourselves of that.

« Reply #996 on: September 30, 2017, 04:06:49 AM »
>Dangit
>...she's probably going to gloat about this now, isn't she.
>Well, we didn't come here to win a competition, but to learn and improve ourselves. Worth reminding ourselves of that.

>You wouldn't be at all surprised. She does seem the sort.
>Despite yourself, you find yourself suppressing the desire to challenge Cynthia yourself. It wouldn't prove anything, everyone knows you're stronger than she is, and that sort of pettiness is not part of you. This wouldn't be defending Reisen, it would be picking on someone that bested her. You'd be lying if you said the idea wouldn't be entirely unsatisfying, but you strive to be better than that.
>All the same, the sight of Reisen being beaten by people like those two is not sitting well with you.

>"Rats." Lily exclaims, ever more vocal in her opinions than you.
>"Tomari-san and Walker-san are the two Protectors that work together the most." Miyo explains. "They're a natural team."
>"Did you hear the crowd, though?" White Rose asks you. "I think they're a disappointed as you two."

« Reply #997 on: September 30, 2017, 04:16:17 AM »
>"Cynthia does not seem like someone who's made many friends for herself around here."

« Reply #998 on: October 06, 2017, 02:26:41 PM »
>"Cynthia does not seem like someone who's made many friends for herself around here."

>"That is true." Miyo confirms. "I should add, though, that Poppy would probably have been the favourite against any of the Protectors. You see, as a Moon... Actually, I shoud ask, just to make sure, she is a full-blooded Lunarian Rabbit, yes?"

« Reply #999 on: October 06, 2017, 07:57:48 PM »
>"She is."

« Reply #1000 on: October 07, 2017, 07:56:15 AM »
>"She is."

>Miyo nods. "The ears are usually a clear sign, but one should never assume. Anyway, most of the mikos that serve at this particular shrine are actually fond of Lunarian Rabbits. They have exotic and intriguing, if you don't mind me saying. As you might imagine, we don't see very many around here. In fact, I know of only two shrine maidens, up until today, that had ever met a full-blooded Lunarian Rabbit."
>"So you folks don't feel like Wataru does?" White Rose asks her.
>"About Lunarian Rabbits? No. Those of us that do harbor some sort of lingering resentment towards the Lunarians feel such for the Lunarian themselves, not the Rabbits that served them. It was the Lunarians that instigated both wars, and a Lunarian that was responsible for destroying Mayoiga. We understand that the Rabbits of the moon suffered under the Lunarians for much longer than we on Earth did."

« Reply #1001 on: October 07, 2017, 08:30:56 AM »
>Nod
>"It's rarely the rank-and-file of any war who bare the blame for it occurring."