Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 98700 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #960 on: September 04, 2017, 12:22:04 AM »
>"Don't worry about it. I'm glad that you felt comfortable enough to share it with me, and I promise I'll keep it in mind."

>Miyo nods again. "Onee-sama has spoken very well of you. That alone is reason enough to feel comfortable around you."
>"Did you wish me to answer the second part of that question as well?"

« Reply #961 on: September 04, 2017, 12:26:52 AM »
>Smile gently
>"That's entirely up to you."

« Reply #962 on: September 05, 2017, 03:13:23 AM »
>Smile gently
>"That's entirely up to you."

>"All of us love her, Lotus." Miyo replies, turning her gaze towards the shrine maiden in question. The big eagle is now working with Pink Carnation. She is wielding a quarterstaff of her own and is working through a light routine of strikes and blocks with your junior colleague. "Some of us in different ways, of course. Such is the nature of love. But I suppose that's kind of an evasion. Yes, Lotus, I do love her. I do not know if I will ever be one of those she graces with her... blessing" she finishes, the emphasis she puts on the word quite telling of what exactly she means by it, "But that is only fair. I would feel unfaithful if I were to receive her attention and yet have eyes for other people." She smiles a little uncertainly. "I fear I haven't quite disciplined myself to evade the charms of certain men yet. Or certain women."

« Reply #963 on: September 16, 2017, 11:17:18 PM »
>"An honest heart can have room for more than one person."

« Reply #964 on: September 16, 2017, 11:42:01 PM »
>"An honest heart can have room for more than one person."

>Miyo's smile brightens a bit. "I'm happy to hear you say that. But I'd be lying if I said I also wasn't a little surprised. I mean no offense, of course. I simply thought that..." she trails off, looking between you and White Rose.

« Reply #965 on: September 17, 2017, 12:35:05 AM »
>"I love her deeply, yes."
>Give Rin's hand a little squeeze

« Reply #966 on: September 17, 2017, 12:55:47 AM »
>"I love her deeply, yes."
>Give Rin's hand a little squeeze

>"No, I meant..." Miyo pauses again, plainly apprehensive, but she takes a breath and takes the plunge. "I had assumed you two were monogamous."

« Reply #967 on: September 17, 2017, 01:16:33 AM »
>Glance to Rin. Let's see if we can follow her lead on how to reply to that - her comfort level is paramount, after all

« Reply #968 on: September 17, 2017, 01:24:44 AM »
>Glance to Rin. Let's see if we can follow her lead on how to reply to that - her comfort level is paramount, after all

>As your eyes move to Rin, you find her gaze turning towards you. Judging from the look on her face, you believe she was thinking exactly the same thought. Miyo's question doesn't seem to have made her uncomfortable, but knowing her, she'd wait for your lead before answering herself. Or for some sign that you're okay with her fielding that one.

« Reply #969 on: September 17, 2017, 01:27:05 AM »
>To Rin: I somehow don't really feel right answering for you....

« Reply #970 on: September 17, 2017, 01:40:26 AM »
>To Rin: I somehow don't really feel right answering for you....

>Somewhat sheepishly, Rin replies, It still feels right for me when you do.

« Reply #971 on: September 17, 2017, 01:47:43 AM »
>Well, in that case....
>"She matters to me like no one else does, but caring for another does not diminish that. We are secure in each other."

« Reply #972 on: September 17, 2017, 02:10:59 AM »
>Well, in that case....
>"She matters to me like no one else does, but caring for another does not diminish that. We are secure in each other."

>It makes me happy to hear someone talk for me when I know they care about me. Rin adds.
>Miyo glances at Rin, who gives the miko a nod of agreement. Relief shines on the shrine maiden's face for a moment before she smiles. "In that case, Lotus, White Rose, I consider myself all the more fortunate for having met you. My experience hasn't led me to many who can say that with sincerity." She chuckles quietly. "Of course, the experience one gains from a life in a temple can be a bit limited in some fields."

« Reply #973 on: September 17, 2017, 02:28:18 AM »
>"No, I think my own experience agrees with you; jealousy can be a powerful force. I feel blessed to have a bond so abiding that neither of us need not worry about such things."

« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2017, 08:43:47 PM »
>"No, I think my own experience agrees with you; jealousy can be a powerful force. I feel blessed to have a bond so abiding that neither of us need not worry about such things."

>"Jealousy among other things." Miyo adds. "The very concept is not always understood or accepted. I am happy to hear that is not the case for you and the women in your life." Then she frowns in thought. "Excuse me, perhaps I should have said, 'women and men'?" she asks.

« Reply #975 on: September 19, 2017, 09:39:44 PM »
>"You were fine the first time."

« Reply #976 on: September 20, 2017, 01:23:47 AM »
>"You were fine the first time."

>Miyo smiles again. "Oh." If she was trying not to sound happy at your words, she didn't do a very good job. "Forgive me, I've simply learned that this is one of those areas where covering ones bases is not inadvisable."

« Reply #977 on: September 20, 2017, 01:32:04 AM »
>"Nothing wrong with not making assumptions."

« Reply #978 on: September 20, 2017, 06:06:03 AM »
>"Nothing wrong with not making assumptions."

>"No, this is definitely one area where one should avoid stepping on any toes if one can. Unless of course one is into that sort of thing." she adds with a light laugh.

« Reply #979 on: September 20, 2017, 07:09:47 AM »
>Smile back
>How do the others seem to be getting on now, anyhow?

« Reply #980 on: September 21, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
>Smile back
>How do the others seem to be getting on now, anyhow?

>Pink Carnation is still working with her staff, but now she has changed partners. Youmu is now working with your newest recruit, and the two appear to have graduated from 'light workout' to 'light sparring'. Emphasis on the light part. Even this gives you a moment's pause, as you're not sure how much Minoriko would enjoy being on the other end of a katana being wielded by one of her classmates, even if only in an exercise in a safe environment. But she shows no overt signs of distress or discomfort. Nor does she seem to be hard pressed in keeping up with Youmu who, despite plainly holding back, is quite skilled with her blade.
>There's a fair crowd around the battle going on between Reisen and Kiku and the two Blood, which is still going on. You've been talking to Miyo for a while now, so those four must be a good match against each other. You can't see who's on the ground through the crush of bodies between you and the part of the arena they're fighting in, but you can sense Reisen's aura is still active. You also sense an active Sapphire Jewel, and as you do so, Cynthia launches herself up off the ground into the air and you hear the discharge of Reisen's sword beam. Wataru and Kiku must have been knocked out of the fight. Cynthia's clothes are showing some damage, but she's obviously still very much in it.
>Lily has finally rematerialized. You spy her among the higher rows of arena seats talking with Haruka. She looks fairly guilty about something.

« Reply #981 on: September 21, 2017, 10:30:56 PM »
>Well, it's an easy guess why that might be....
>Let's just watch the fights and small-talk a little until something else happens

« Reply #982 on: September 25, 2017, 07:12:54 AM »
>Well, it's an easy guess why that might be....
>Let's just watch the fights and small-talk a little until something else happens

>You don't have to stretch your imagination too far to see that you could have your 'distraction', as Lily found for herself, in the form of Miyo. And the purple-winged shrine maiden does fall within your strike zone. If you were Lily, chances are you might already have gone off to somewhere a bit more private. Maybe even with Rin, given how Miyo seems to feel on the idea. But although you and Lily shared a part of yourselves with each other, you are not Lily White. That sort of casual attitude towards physical intimacy is not in you like it is with her. You might be the type to consider a kiss on the first date, but no more than that. And you haven't even gotten as far as a date with Miyo at this point. She is pretty and seems like an interesting person, but that's not enough to bend her over a table within all of ten minutes of knowing her.
>Maybe later.
>Besides, you do have other things to pay your attention to at the moment. Cynthia and Reisen are still going at it. In fact, Cynthia has just now dropped back down towards the ground, having managed to dodge one of Reisen's sword beams. You can't see the fighters very well from the ground, nor can you even hear much of what's going on in the middle of the ring. You consider standing up to try and find a better vantage point for the battle but before you get the chance, Lily comes fluttering slowly over towards you. "Hi, Lotus." she says. Her clothes are in fine shape, but she hasn't been able to tame the mussing in her hair.

« Reply #983 on: September 25, 2017, 07:23:47 AM »
>"Hello, Lily."

« Reply #984 on: September 28, 2017, 01:19:59 AM »
>"Hello, Lily."

>The little blonde swallows. "Sorry 'bout... y'know."

« Reply #985 on: September 28, 2017, 02:03:17 AM »
>"Apology accepted. I'm sure it won't when there's anything important at stake."

« Reply #986 on: September 28, 2017, 02:08:57 AM »
>"Apology accepted. I'm sure it won't when there's anything important at stake."

>"I didn't mean to get... sidetracked, but, well, things kinda happened, and..."

« Reply #987 on: September 28, 2017, 02:12:40 AM »
>"It's alright; I'm not going to yell at you. I know I can count on you when things are serious."

« Reply #988 on: September 28, 2017, 03:49:55 AM »
>"It's alright; I'm not going to yell at you. I know I can count on you when things are serious."

>"Of course!"
>"Where were you, anyway?" White Rose asks. "Ya can't have missed the noise."
>Lily colors faintly, looking a bit sheepish. "Well, I.... You remember that fairy I was wrestling with?"
>"The one you were tickling?"
>Lily nods. "Well, it turned out that, well, she really liked being tickled."
>"So? Don't lots of folks?"
>Lily's flush deepens. "No, I mean... REALLY liked being tickled."
>Rin thinks on that for a moment. "Oh. OH. OH!" she exclaims, realization dawning. Miyo laughs as Lily looks just a bit ashamed of herself.

« Reply #989 on: September 28, 2017, 03:58:06 AM »
>We can have a little chuckle ourselves, but try not to make Lily feel any more uncomfortable than she already does