Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5  (Read 97069 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2017, 10:58:43 PM »
>"Well, it's... complicated, I guess. The evil tainting Motormaster was different than those of the other bikers and I've not had the chance to speak with them since it was excised. They certainly don't have the terrifying powers of yesterday at their disposal anymore, but I don't yet know what sort of person lies underneath that. I'd like to think the best of them, but... I guess we'll have to see."
>"Though don't worry - they're safely confined until we can ascertain how much of their actions were their own doing and how much was the fault of the evil possessing them."
>Smile a little self-effacingly
>"I suppose this all sounds a little high-handed of me, doesn't it?"

>Letty shakes her hhead and grins slightly. "It sounds like you, Byakuren."
>"Here you are, Byakuren." says Minoriko as she brings out the final piece of the breakfast spread.

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2017, 11:14:09 PM »
>"Thank you. This looks delicious."
>Dig in!

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2017, 09:49:11 AM »
>"Thank you. This looks delicious."
>Dig in!

>Minoriko smiles warmly. "There's plenty more, so have as much as you like."
>There is little doubt that Minoriko is the best chef amongst the residents of the Moonside apartments, and this morning proves that point yet again. Somehow, her rice always seems to have a little more flavor to it, her fish always tastes a little fresher, even her tea is less bitter even when it's the cheapest stuff on the market. Lily's cooking was good, but not quite up to Minoriko's level. It's about the best way your stomach can think of start a day.
>The only thing that makes it better is the company around you. Letty with her coffee and textbook, joined after a few minutes by Minoriko. Somewhat to your surprise, neither one of them asks you about you activities last night when Lily was visiting. Either you were less noticeable than you were with Rin- which you're reasonably certain isn't the case- or they're exercising discretion. Most likely the latter, considering these two. Nitori would almost certainly have asked about it by now. And Patchy-

>Oh yeah. That's what's wrong with this scenario. You try not to let that thought bother you, to keep that moment of distress of your face, but it darkens your mood regardless. You swear you'll get her back, her and Sanae, but not having them here remains a bitter pill to swallow. You make a note to visit Reisen before the day wears too far on. She's probably taking Patchouli's absence even worse than you are.

>Your reverie is interrupted by a loud knocking on Minoriko's door, and it opens before Minoriko can rise to her feet. It is Nitori, and she grins when she sees you. "Ah good, you two're here. Can I borrow you a sec, Rin?"
>Rin, her chopsticks still in her mouth, simply blinks in confusion at the kappa.
>"Oh right. Breakfast. Forgot about that. Well, are you two planning on going out and blowing up anything in the next hour?"

« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2017, 11:32:04 AM »
>"I very much hope not."

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2017, 01:01:17 PM »
>"I very much hope not."

>"Then I'll come back." And Nitori leaves just as quickly as she arrives.
>Minoriko pouts. "She could have stayed for breakfast."
>"I'll go remind her." says Letty, clamoring to her feet. "I need to get going anyway, get back to work."
>"Deadline comin'?" Rin asks curiously.
>"Mmm, not really close to one yet, but, since I've got the time to work, I'd feel bad about not using it. Was Hyozan out in the yard, did you notice?" she asks.

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2017, 01:52:08 PM »
>"He was lying by the front gate when I stepped out to come over here."

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2017, 06:29:47 AM »
>"He was lying by the front gate when I stepped out to come over here."

>"And still snowing." Rin nods, though that probably wasn't necessary. Letty always seems to know when it's snowing or going to snow. It's a yuki-onna thing, she said once.
>Letty grins ruefully. "I'll deal with Nitori first. Hyozan always has more pep when it's snowing."
>"I'll stop by later, Letty." Minoriko says to her. Letty thanks her and departs, leaving you and Rin with the 'mother' of Moonside.

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2017, 12:50:26 PM »
>Let's keep eating breakfast and give Minoriko a little time to see if she brings up the topic of her ring candidacy of her own accord

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2017, 02:51:55 PM »
>Let's keep eating breakfast and give Minoriko a little time to see if she brings up the topic of her ring candidacy of her own accord

>You've gotten through the lion's share of breakfast as it was. Your last night's excursion left you with a fine appetite this morning. As a matter of fact, Rin is presently scooping you up a second helping of fried rice. And one for herself, you note.
>Minoriko sits down to join you as you start to work on your second bowl. Now that Letty has left, you note that the blonde woman seems a bit pensive as she cradles a cup of green tea. Plainly there's something on her mind, but it takes her a few moments to work her way around to it. "Byakuren, Rin... I was wondering if... Have you seen Patchouli since she... left us?"

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2017, 03:23:50 PM »
>Shake our head
>"Not since the altercation in front of her family home."

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »
>Shake our head
>"Not since the altercation in front of her family home."

>A rather sad-looking Minoriko lowers her head. "I'm sorry to ask so early in the morning. It's just... I miss her."

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2017, 03:41:46 PM »
>"I do, too. I promise I'll find a way to bring her back again. Somehow."

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2017, 04:23:04 PM »
>"I do, too. I promise I'll find a way to bring her back again. Somehow."

>Minoriko manages a smile. "And Sanae, too. I know." She takes a sip of her tea before continuing. "I've been thinking about them since it happened. Honestly, I can't seem to stop thinking about it."

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2017, 04:31:17 PM »
>"I know what you mean. I try to rest in the belief that things will be set right again, but it's... hard sometimes."

« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2017, 07:07:22 AM »
>"I know what you mean. I try to rest in the belief that things will be set right again, but it's... hard sometimes."

>Rin grips your hand, offering you a comforting smile. The pain and uncertainty that's been haunting you doesn't seem to be anywhere in her eyes.
>Maybe it's easy for her. She has faith in you. Maybe that's all she needs.
>Minoriko continues, "And I've been thinking too, about what you said about me. Are you sure? Sure that I can help you, I mean. I don't think I'm much of a fighter. I don't know if I can do what you and Rin have been doing."

« Reply #75 on: April 24, 2017, 01:18:27 PM »
>"Before this all happened, I wouldn't have thought myself very much of a fighter, either. But you have a true concern for the people around you and an abiding desire to help, and with this power of ours, that matters most of all. My ring would not have resonated with you unless you truly had that capability in your heart - to stand up for their sake and do whatever it is you can to help. I have faith in you, Minoriko - whatever you decide."
>Smile gently at her

« Reply #76 on: April 24, 2017, 03:27:13 PM »
>"Before this all happened, I wouldn't have thought myself very much of a fighter, either. But you have a true concern for the people around you and an abiding desire to help, and with this power of ours, that matters most of all. My ring would not have resonated with you unless you truly had that capability in your heart - to stand up for their sake and do whatever it is you can to help. I have faith in you, Minoriko - whatever you decide."
>Smile gently at her

>Minoriko returns your smile, though she can't keep all the uncertainty she is feeling out of it. "And you're sure you wouldn't rather have Nitori?"

« Reply #77 on: April 24, 2017, 04:37:20 PM »
>"Well, she's certainly fiery about all this, but I don't think this conflict will be won by fervor, but compassion. You have a nurturing spirit, Minoriko - always considerate of others and trying to help in whatever ways you can. It is that very desire to care for others that gives us strength. You don't have to be a fighter. You don't have to be anything other than who you already are - that is enough. If anything will save Patchouli and Sanae, it will be our refusal to stop caring about them."

« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2017, 08:19:18 AM »
>"Well, she's certainly fiery about all this, but I don't think this conflict will be won by fervor, but compassion. You have a nurturing spirit, Minoriko - always considerate of others and trying to help in whatever ways you can. It is that very desire to care for others that gives us strength. You don't have to be a fighter. You don't have to be anything other than who you already are - that is enough. If anything will save Patchouli and Sanae, it will be our refusal to stop caring about them."

>"Couldn'a said it better meself." says Rin. "It's gonna take more than muscle and shouting ta win this one. And I mean to win in ways other than just killin' the other guys. There's more to it than that. We don't want to kill the Champions, we wanna help 'em. And you're real good at that."
>Minoriko closes her eyes, sighing quietly. "You're not worried that, I won't be able protect you, like you do each other? Because... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't."

« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2017, 01:22:01 PM »
>"Before this all began, I wouldn't have thought myself capable of many of the things I've done, either. I think you might surprise yourself."

« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2017, 02:35:22 PM »
>"Before this all began, I wouldn't have thought myself capable of many of the things I've done, either. I think you might surprise yourself."

>Minoriko shakes her head. "I don't know about that, Byakuren. You've always been the sort of woman to stand up to people who do bad things, to help people that needed it. Rin alone is proof of that." The kasha in question smiles at that notion. "I realize that the Champions and magic-using bikers aren't the same thing as someone like Konngara, but the way I see it, they're extensions of the same thing. And I don't know if I have that in me."
>"But I do know this." Minoriko continues, raising her head. "I know that I hate the idea of not being able to help Patchouli and Sanae. Of not being able to protect Letty or Nitori if one of those Champions comes back here. Of one of you two being hurt if I could have done something to stop it. I couldn't live with myself if that happened." The ring on your finger pulses as Minoriko finishes, "If you think you can rely on me, then I will fight with you."
>Minoriko's ring emerges from yours in a pulse of gentle orange light. Her ring is a light yellowish-brown, set with a vivid red gemstone, the color of leaves in autumn.  Minoriko herself gasps in surprise at the sight. "What is that?"

« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
>"It is your ring, brought forth by your conviction to help the people you care about."
>Smile gently at her
>"Take it."

« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:54 AM »
>"It is your ring, brought forth by your conviction to help the people you care about."
>Smile gently at her
>"Take it."

>"Is that how it happens all the time?" Minoriko asks as the autumn-hued ring floats gently towards her.
>Rin nods. "That's how it was for me."
>Minoriko manages to smile again. "Well, Byakuren giving you a ring doesn't seem quite as surprising to me." And she giggles when you and Rin flush a little before extending her hand out, and the ring slips onto her finger. She spends a moment contemplating the sight. "Strange. I thought I'd feel more different."

« Reply #83 on: April 26, 2017, 04:36:02 AM »
>"Try to access your power. It can take some getting used to, but I've found there's a certain instinctual awareness of how to utilize it, if you allow yourself to be open to it."

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2017, 05:39:09 AM »
>"Try to access your power. It can take some getting used to, but I've found there's a certain instinctual awareness of how to utilize it, if you allow yourself to be open to it."

>"You mean, you want to see me transform?"

« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2017, 05:49:49 AM »
>"That's right."

« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2017, 11:25:53 AM »
>"That's right."

>"Well, all right, if you want." Minoriko raises her hand slightly and calls out, "Pink Carnation Purity Ascent!"
>A twisting column of multi-colored leaves surrounds Minoriko as she invokes her transformation, and a sweet aroma fills the air of the apartment. Sweet potatoes, if you're not mistaken. Her knee-length skirt is the shade of a sweet potato as well, and so are her small boots. She wears a sleeveless yellow blouse with a red belt and red ribbon over her chest. A black ribbon encircles her throat, and there is a tiara on her head, a cluster of grapes sitting in the center instead of a jewel. Her skirt is embroidered with a wheat pattern, and the brown cuffs on her wrists are decorated as well, a sickle stiched on the left cuff, a wheat stalk on the right.
>But it is not the outfit she comments on first. "That really IS like something out of a magical girl manga."

« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2017, 02:08:56 PM »
>Smile
>"It is, isn't it?"

« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2017, 06:49:57 AM »
>Smile
>"It is, isn't it?"

>"But I think you got the nicer outfit." she remarks with a smile.

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2017, 02:25:29 PM »
>"Well, I think you look quite charming."
>Smile
>"How do you feel?"