Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 140701 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #420 on: June 12, 2017, 10:51:04 PM »
At least Effie can't retaliate at range like Hector

I hope Micaiah comes soon, they teased her by putting Sanaki on the sibling banner but crickets since then. Thani will save us from the cav and armor meta.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #421 on: June 13, 2017, 12:32:18 PM »
Huh.  Or we get a bunch of Shadow Dragon characters.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #422 on: June 13, 2017, 02:17:49 PM »
I am kinda fine with getting characters I've never heard off. I'd love more less important characters at maybe lesser rarity, too. Or maybe a new set of daily encounters, like we had since the beginning.

Also, getting ~3500 points per day in the event and it's getting quite boring now that I know who to use and how... probably will need to spend some energy potions on a day I have more time if I wanna get that seal however...
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #423 on: June 13, 2017, 04:49:41 PM »
Does anyone know if having Spur Def 3 and Spur Def 1 on the same character via a seal stacks? It should, right?

Edit: Yeah, for the record, Breath of Life 3 and Breath of Life 1 do stack, healing 10 HP combined.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:55:49 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #424 on: June 14, 2017, 05:26:21 PM »
So for what it's worth, it seems like running the second-hardest stage in the tempest challenge has really been saving my sanity and it's not that much less profitable. I had been scoring somewhere in the 500-600 range per run on the hardest difficulty, with scores significantly above 500 being fairly rare. This morning I decided to run the second hardest one instead and consistently scored just under 500 because I was able to get the 1.5x modifier for speed, which I never even get close to on the harder one. It's much faster to run so it doesn't feel like a slog.

My current strategy involves using two teams, basically just because I don't have a bonus unit that fits into good teams that are capable of beating Veronica (she literally one-shots every single member of the team I use to clear stages). I just surrender as soon as I get to the last floor and use my real, bonus-unit-less team to beat it. I decided I couldn't get away with Robin dead weighting on my good team because I kept getting enemy unit configurations that involved stacking units with just the wrong weapon colors and incredibly high Resist in such a way that my good-but-imbalanced team couldn't even scratch them. But because the second hardest difficulty has less floor, which means less different enemy rolls for the game to find something that I can't handle, not to mention that stats don't get as high, I might be able to get away with just one team for the entire dungeon to push my score even higher.

Edit: Okay seems like a single team that clears everything with only 1-2 losses is possible, but the extra headache isn't worth the meager bonus points.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:42:48 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #425 on: June 14, 2017, 07:50:19 PM »
I really haven't touched the tempest trials much at all. I'm considering dropping this game right now to make time for that fate mobile game that's coming out later that's apparently really good. It's a shame since I want to like this game but there's really really nothing much to do. Mnhmnnmknnmymm
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #426 on: June 15, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »
that fate mobile game that's coming out later

k wat

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Conqueror

« Reply #427 on: June 15, 2017, 05:08:02 AM »
The English release of Fate/Grand Order, presumably. 1% rates tho.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #428 on: June 15, 2017, 06:02:30 AM »
pft

if I can't kill Effie in one round using Julia and Lancebreaker
use horse emblem to kill Effie in one round in one blow

Conqueror

« Reply #429 on: June 15, 2017, 06:28:00 AM »
Got quickened pulse. My Minerva now has 1 charge Bonfire. Tremble in fear.

Edit:

I'd like to thank Reinhardt and Ninian for trivializing something like 75% of unit matchups (Reinhardt now has 5.2k SP, a lot of that thanks to Tempest), Reciprocal Aid Lucina for letting me get to the last map with near-full health semi-consistently, and Minerva for healer, mage, and maps-with-cliffs duty.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:02:40 AM by Conqueror »

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #430 on: June 16, 2017, 03:47:24 AM »
I just got a Trial with WoM Hector, Faye, and Frederick. That was pretty annoying.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Conqueror

« Reply #431 on: June 16, 2017, 03:53:40 PM »
Infernal difficulty Legion GHB with reinforcements, oh boy. I've gotten down to the 4th legion spawn and last blue cav, but at that point positioning screws me over. I'll keep hammering at it and see if it's possible without some skill/unit switchups.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #432 on: June 16, 2017, 03:58:47 PM »
Yeah, I want to wrap up the Tempest stuff before I tackle that (although I've got my 5* Marth up to level 40 to serve as my bonus unit now, so hopefully it'll go a little smoother) but I imagine I'll be sinking at least a few stamina potions into the Infernal hero challenge.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #433 on: June 16, 2017, 05:05:19 PM »
https://youtu.be/qNsFWHzofpQ

Oof. That's brutal.
I guess with enough permutations even a buff focused team can take this down.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 05:12:39 PM by The Greatest Dog »

Conqueror

« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2017, 01:44:39 AM »
Nice. I'm trying to make a horse team from scratch with Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia (gronnraven since I have never pulled a Nino), do you have any ideas about ideal hone/fortify placement?

Managed to clear infernal with my team. From what I've seen of other people's compositions, people are using dancers, cav/flier teams, axebreaker, blade tomes, or other strong ranged carries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLq5__SbDV8
Found a video of a guy beating Legion with 3 4*'s and Klein, all without skill inheritance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LaO9L-kQXw
And this guy kills everything in 2 turns. The team itself is much stronger though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #435 on: June 17, 2017, 02:01:23 AM »
Yeah, I'm curious to see if I can manage. I don't have anything incredibly high-end (no Reinhardt) except arguably BunCam. She might be able to drop it though, who knows.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #436 on: June 17, 2017, 03:03:53 AM »
A few tries on hard the new GHB map and almost botched it up on my 4th try by risking my Reinhardt who had blazing thunder ready against one Legion while Ryoma took down most of the others along with Minerva holy shit I have never in my life have I thought I was playing a game of Russian roulette with RNG on this game. I'm glad I got through it in one piece also thank god for Priscilla she took down most of the blue mages along with Reinhardt.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #437 on: June 17, 2017, 05:43:09 AM »
Nice. I'm trying to make a horse team from scratch with Xander/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecilia (gronnraven since I have never pulled a Nino), do you have any ideas about ideal hone/fortify placement?

I personally keep fortify on Xander and Hone on both Priscilla and Cecilia - this enables Xander, Camus, and Cecilia to get Hone benefits while Camus and Cecilia get Fortify - boosting Camus' bulk to near Xander's level while powering Cecilia's Gronblade.

If you have the Gunter and Jagen to spare, I'd give Xander Fortify, Hone to both Cecilia and Reinhart, and let Camus keep his Goad. Maybe.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #438 on: June 17, 2017, 03:22:04 PM »

That went surprisingly well. I guess the biggest whales have evacuated the tier already.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #439 on: June 18, 2017, 06:01:47 AM »
Fuuuuck I've gotten so close to beating Legion on Infernal so many times... It's that archer at the top of the screen who keeps getting me. I've been using Celica/Olivia/Anna/4* Rys and it sort of works, but things are spread apart just too far and everything is just a hair too inflated in stats and abilities. I feel like there has to be a way though, and I'm a few days from raising Rys to 5* (I use him A LOT in PVE stuff) which very well may be enough to push me over the edge.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #440 on: June 19, 2017, 06:12:19 AM »
-Alright, I finally figured out how to take care of Legion on Infernal. Just two more enemies to go...

-The blue cavalier has Lunge, instant loss

WOW. Okay, so if the archer attacks you, you lose. If the blue cavalier attacks you, it sets up the archer to attack you as well. They're both too far away to actually reach before they reach you. Huh... Well, I feel like I'm getting close. Not sure I can handle that, but maybe.

Conqueror

« Reply #441 on: June 19, 2017, 07:54:57 AM »
If you've gotten that far you'll likely figure it out with a few more iterations.

Been looking at cheese videos and some people are avoiding dealing with the blue cav by defeating 4 Legions at once so the later reinforcements don't spawn (like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9LgbvTV07Y or the one by the guy with 4 Sakuras). Requires weird AI manipulation though and everyone on your team will have to be able to inflict damage for the final round.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #442 on: June 20, 2017, 05:44:29 AM »
Yeah I definitely haven't been going out of my way trying to do weird AI manipulations, and as of right now not everyone on my team can deal damage.

Got a Reinhardt off of a random pull earlier, so now I can be a cool kid too. He's just a 4*, but he's almost certainly going to be the next thing I upgrade.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #443 on: June 20, 2017, 10:31:43 AM »
ooo, i feel like there should be an index of friend codes in the first post or something.

anyway, i literally only ever open this game when the orbs flow freely lmao
I'm kind of bitter about the advent of the Tempest Trials now because it feels vaguely like I have a bar to reach that I can't because I didn't put in half of the initial grind?
lmfao i can't even beat any normal tempests

anyway my selection looks vaguely like this and i don't know what i'm doing

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
« Reply #444 on: June 20, 2017, 01:40:28 PM »
That's the thing, pretty much everybody has garbage units overall unless they drop a lot of money.

There's a reason that I have 3 units on my main team that you can get without summoning (though the weapons, rip Nino).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #445 on: June 20, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
I definitely recommend pretty much everyone make the effort to do their three PVP matches a day, especially now that tiers are how they are. They're arguably the main draw of the game, but also even if you don't do great you'll rack up feathers that you can use to bulk out your main team. Won't get you to the team of +10 chase units that all whales use all the time, but definitely enough to do reasonably well. My current team has zero + on it and I feel like that's holding me back seriously only occasionally.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #446 on: June 20, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »
Yay, pulled Athena after 59 orbs in that banner. This is like the 3rd time that i pulled exactly who I wanted, and its always on those "old characters i didn't hear off before"-banners, which should be incredibly unlikely. Julia, Clair, Athena.

Also finally decided to 5 star Olivia, because she pulled her weight quite a bit in the tempest. Was about to hit 100k feathers, anyways, so its about time I find some use for them. spending 2000s on 4-staring guys never really put a dent in the total, which surprised me, after I felt incredibly feather starved in the beginnings of the game.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #447 on: June 21, 2017, 08:12:55 PM »
Finally got Quickened Pulse.  I hope the next event is a little less grindy.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2017, 06:47:39 AM »
Alright, got Quickened Pulse 14 minutes before the event ended. Oof.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2017, 07:07:02 AM »
Anyone know where I can find the apk. My bike hit a pothole and my phone flew out, cracking so badly I can't use the screen anymore. It's not showing up on bluestacks for some reason.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff