Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 142846 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2017, 04:54:19 AM »
Look, I don't want to sound like a dick, but I'm not a whale. I don't spend money on this game so I don't get very many pulls. I did every pull i could during that banner and just got 3*s. I'm sure if I dropped hundreds of dollars I would have one, but I didn't.

Wait, there are Amiibos? Shit, I didn't see them at the store earlier. Do want!

Yeah the amiibos give you secret dungeons for that perspective MC if you use it or a ghost unit if it's the opposite one like say you get ghost Celica if you use her amiibo on Alm's route. Err... they do cost almost $25 though for the 2 pack since they come together.

Also I understand for not wanting to spend money on FEHeroes sorry if I came off as a smartass.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #301 on: May 22, 2017, 02:48:44 PM »
All these good banners, and limited daily orbs.

The perfect recipe for dropping the June Bride banner next :V

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #302 on: May 22, 2017, 04:24:39 PM »
Yeah, I just have to cross my fingers that there won't be a special Camilla in *every* holiday banner...
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2017, 06:38:28 PM »
All these good banners, and limited daily orbs.

The perfect recipe for dropping the June Bride banner next :V
WHUT THERE'S A BRIDE BANNER???

Edible

« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2017, 07:20:21 PM »
It was datamined a while back, yeah.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2017, 08:33:26 PM »
I'm seriously considering not pulling on any of these limited event banners, unless there's some truly exceptional skill that gets released. It's such a terrible investment for f2p players since it's a dead end for future use. Limited availability + abysmal rates, you'd be lucky to have a +1 merged unit in 2 years time, by the time which they're probably power creeped out anyway. Such is waifu power I guess.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Edible

« Reply #306 on: May 22, 2017, 08:57:55 PM »
I guess it depends on what you're looking for.

If you really like one of the characters, that's a good reason.  If they're otherwise good (or broken, like Spring Camilla) units and you have a need for them, that's a good reason.

Edible

« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
The boat map with all the crates is horrific cancer.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #308 on: May 23, 2017, 04:26:00 PM »
Gave Subaki his promotion to 5 stars. I was holding off on it because I wasn't sure if I was going to replace him or not, but he's been holding his own and his being a bonus unit was a good opportunity.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #309 on: May 23, 2017, 04:41:47 PM »
Haven't played on the boat map yet, but the map with all the breakable walls and the defensive tiles in the middle is the worst for my team since my composition is player phase heavy. Especially if the enemy has mage + dancer.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #310 on: May 23, 2017, 05:11:49 PM »
Hmm, Defense Emblem seems seriously pro-Takumi. He's no longer consistently possible to trivialize with bulky mage+Quick Riposte since if he lands on a fortified square, which he often does, he sticks around at ~3 HP with Vantage and Vengeance. May have to revisit Triangle Master MRobin.

For whatever reason the number and quality of enemy + units seems way way higher today. Virtually every match I played today, which was quite a few, had ~10 total + across their units. Enough to be a problem. Surely this game doesn't have so many whales that *everyone* in my rank has 3-6 of every 5*, right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #311 on: May 23, 2017, 06:17:19 PM »
If you're in rank 18, then apparently that's the highest it's possible to be this week, meaning that's where all the whales and dolphins are podding at rn. People are expecting them to filter themselves upstairs over the course of the next couple arenas.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #312 on: May 23, 2017, 07:05:18 PM »
I'm only rank 16 (thought I was supposed to go up to 17 but I guess I got knocked down at the last second) which is part of why I'm so surprised.

I was going to 5* Alfonse next but I may have to prioritize getting Gronnblade+ on BunCam so I can compete with all these inflated stats.

Hey Edible, what kind of active and B skill are you running on your BunCam? What works well on a Blade tentpole team?

Conqueror

« Reply #313 on: May 23, 2017, 08:22:10 PM »
I don't think tier affects the enemies you're seeing, I think it's a function of your arena team getting stronger. And Advanced Arena always places you against teams that are "stronger" than yours.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Edible

« Reply #314 on: May 23, 2017, 10:02:30 PM »
Hey Edible, what kind of active and B skill are you running on your BunCam? What works well on a Blade tentpole team?

Vantage and Draconic Aura.

Vantage because she doesn't really like to take hits, but Fury 3 tends to keep her HP low and she one-shots anything that isn't Red anyway.  Draconic Aura because I didn't have anything better at the time.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #315 on: May 23, 2017, 11:28:51 PM »
I don't think tier affects the enemies you're seeing, I think it's a function of your arena team getting stronger. And Advanced Arena always places you against teams that are "stronger" than yours.

Oh really? I figured you would only get matched against your own tier but I guess it makes sense that you're only being scored against your own tier. Interesting.

My team is stronger than usual right now, since I can rarely run four 5*s and have a featured unit, but this time I can. So yeah, that checks out. Hmm...

Vantage and Draconic Aura.

Vantage because she doesn't really like to take hits, but Fury 3 tends to keep her HP low and she one-shots anything that isn't Red anyway.  Draconic Aura because I didn't have anything better at the time.

Vantage makes sense. I'm running Iote's Shield on mine right now in the A slot because I had been using her to tank Takumis and one-round-kill them with Quick Riposte, and I miiiight still consider that. We'll see. Fury does make sense, but I just don't have the SP to completely overhaul all of her skills right now.

I have Bonfire on mine as a special skill or whatever, but what I mean by "active" is Rally Attack sort of skills. The blue shield skills. Is there one that works especially well with her?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:45:38 PM by commandercool »

Edible

« Reply #316 on: May 24, 2017, 01:22:36 AM »
Ohhhh, sorry.

I'm still running Rally Attack on mine, but only because I haven't gotten around to putting Reposition on her.

Until there's a flying dancer there just straight up isn't a better assist skill than Reposition for flyers.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #317 on: May 24, 2017, 01:30:38 AM »
Alright, Gronnblade+ secured. I'll see how it goes and probably end up adding Fury and Vantage as well. Or maaaybe Fury and Escape Route.

Reposition is definitely, DEFINITELY super good (and often just reads "you win" against armor-heavy teams) but I do slightly worry that the AI is making poor use of it and costing me arena defense wins.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #318 on: May 24, 2017, 10:00:17 PM »
Anyone tried the new special challenge maps... because they kicked my ass.

Conqueror

« Reply #319 on: May 24, 2017, 10:13:32 PM »
They're normal units but with +6 to all stats or something like that. Super offensive units or hard color counters should be really effective.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #320 on: May 24, 2017, 10:15:49 PM »
They're normal units but with +6 to all stats or something like that. Super offensive units or hard color counters should be really effective.
-cough- One of them had Meimei there... and he steamed rolled all of my units.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #321 on: May 24, 2017, 10:54:49 PM »

Scariest one was the battle with Julia and Sanaki. If not for Priscilla keeping Xander healthy, I definitely wouldn't have won.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 10:59:06 PM by The Greatest Dog »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #322 on: May 24, 2017, 11:04:12 PM »
I found the first one, with Takumi and Azura to give him a huge swing, to be the most trouble. The last one with Julia and Sanaki would have been really rough but I found that the map made splitting up the enemy forces to be easier than usual so it basically ended up being two 4-on-2s which wasn't too bad.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #323 on: May 25, 2017, 05:40:22 PM »
Has anyone managed to beat 11-5 on lunatic with the special mission? Maybe my selection of units isn't right for it, but I haven't even been able to get close. And even if I wanted to spam continues I don't think they really help much because the time limit is a lot of the problem.

Does a clear still count as not losing characters if you resurrect them? I have cleared it normally a couple of times with only 1-2 units remaining, so if I used a continue to resurrect them would I have gotten the mission clear?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #324 on: May 25, 2017, 06:07:16 PM »
I used one continue to beat that one and I got the mission reward, so it only seems to matter if all 4 units are alive at the end of the stage -- this going for any mission requiring all four units staying alive.
If anyone does/did manage to get that stage with no casualties I'm curious what team you used. I feel like I almost had it but was missing something somewhere.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #325 on: May 25, 2017, 06:22:15 PM »
My best guess was that maaaybe a Hone Fliers team with a Hinoka, probably a Camilla, and a dancer might stand a chance, but that's really just a total guess. Cracking the mages *at all* while they're in the fortified squares is hard, much less killing them, but I figure maybe you could get an in with a very powerful Brave attacker and probably Savage Blow as well.

I was only able to kill them by luring them out of the fortified area which meant I didn't have a trip ton if room to move around, and I just don't have a solid lance user for this map to fulfill the mission requirements. Hence Hinoka seeming like a decent option.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #326 on: May 25, 2017, 06:49:17 PM »
Ohh wait wait no 11-5 I was thinking of last week's that last survival challenge. No yeah, fliers really trivialize this map. I used Julia, Ninian, Palla, Hinoka. I feel like maybe you wouldn't even need a dancer. They don't move for those first 2 or so turns so going in with a brave drag back flier to destroy them and repositioning them out of the way is yeah. Like shooting into a barrel of fish.

Since your SCamilla can deal with the two blues, your problem remains with the red and green mages? That green mage is surprisingly tanky on the physical side, so taking shots at him with a red mage or something might work if you have one. As for celica, how about like a peri or something? She's got good res.

e: they were defense tiles? That explains a lot.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 06:52:26 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #327 on: May 25, 2017, 07:33:53 PM »
The team I used that beat it a couple of times without going 4-0 was Sharena, BunCam, Olivia, and 4* Wrys. This was before I put Gronnblade+ on BunCam though, and she pairs really well with Sharena, so maybe I would have better luck if I tried again.

BunCam can technically kill everything except Celica, but she can't really take hits from anything either because she's got bad resist. She could maybe tank one hit, but any two hits will kill her. Sharena can kill Celica easily, but getting Celica somewhere that Sharena can reach her in a reasonable amount of time without getting one of my other units sniped isn't easy.

Edit: Okay, tried three times in a row and lost by timing out one turn before finishing off the last enemy all three times. The time wasted shuffling around the fort in the middle is so harsh that this feels impossible without an all-fliers team or maybe very specific unit counters that I don't have. I'm not losing units now that Camilla has Gronnblade, but the time is way too unforgiving. Not even sure how I beat it normally now...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 07:42:41 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #328 on: May 25, 2017, 09:35:46 PM »
It's doable with all 3* units: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQf05yC7uYU

The biggest issue for me was finding a usable lance that could contribute or the time limit would kick in - luckily I had a Cordelia with Galeforce. I personally used Cecilia to tank Bruno, Cordelia to kill anyone else not named Boey, a dancer to get Cordelia away from everyone's range after killing Celica, and Ike to kill Boey because Boey was insanely difficult for me to kill with my setup.

I think the key is to try to draw them out of the defensive tiles as quickly as possible so you don't waste turns with them running around in the back. Breaking the walls to bait helps. Ranged units or fliers are essential I think.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #329 on: May 25, 2017, 09:38:26 PM »
So it seems so far like the successful teams have hard-hitting flying lance users, which I definitely don't have. I'm sure there's a way for me to do this, there are probably many ways, but missing that piece definitely makes it tricky.

I haven't tried breaking the walls myself at all for some reason. That's probably going to help a ton. Good call.