Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 143608 times)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #90 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:35 PM »
The game only gets (relatively) challenging after the route split. You should definitely play both routes, but Ephraim is harder while Eirika's route has better plot so I guess it is kinda like Birthrout and Conquest
wait birthright has the better story?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
It's a low bar.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #92 on: April 17, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »
wait birthright has the better story?
LOL according to others Conquest has the better story.~

To me well... Birthright is like generic but good for me.~
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #93 on: April 17, 2017, 05:18:28 PM »
It's a low bar.
Point taken

In other news

2BAMaster
Now I can promote myself

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #94 on: April 17, 2017, 11:33:00 PM »
Point taken

In other news

2BAMaster
Now I can promote myself

Well shit.  My entire scheming of only using Cherche as my only flyer's kicking me in the teeth again.  I mean I got Est and what the pegknight guy but they're traped in 20ish limbo but I need a third air unit
This Space For Rent

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2017, 12:04:44 AM »
Well, you don't actually need 4 fliers, just a team of all flyers. So as long as Cherche can solo...

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2017, 03:07:28 AM »
Well, you don't actually need 4 fliers, just a team of all flyers. So as long as Cherche can solo...

Well she's 4 star/level 40 so the others can be decoys and arrow bait

She's a bad ass but I don't think she's THAT hard core especially point the harder area
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 03:13:09 AM by Zelinko »
This Space For Rent

Edible

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2017, 12:29:51 PM »
I wake up to arena this morning and what do I see
Three vantage takumis and a dancer staring at me

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2017, 01:58:56 PM »
I wake up to arena this morning and what do I see
Three vantage takumis and a dancer staring at me

So  how many hundred dollars do you think you were facing?
This Space For Rent

Edible

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2017, 02:38:29 PM »
I think it was 8 Takumis in total, one was a +5.  So unless they got absurdly lucky on the original focus banners, I'd say at least a grand?

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2017, 02:48:48 PM »
I think it was 8 Takumis in total, one was a +5.  So unless they got absurdly lucky on the original focus banners, I'd say at least a grand?

In that case you laugh at the fact that while they won their wallets were blown the fuck out!
This Space For Rent

Edible

« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2017, 03:10:39 PM »
Despite using a team of fliers, I didn't actually lose.  And really, on almost any other map, I probably would've won flawlessly.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »

Well, I made this I guess.

Suppose I'll plan on doing the other starters eventually too. Seems like fun flavor and possibly a decent investment.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Zelinko

• The Wandering Mind
« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2017, 03:41:59 PM »
So I peeked the Lunatic missions for the Flier Mastery and no way in hell can Cherche can pull it off. The Red mage dropped a 60 on her and she couldn't instakill him.
This Space For Rent

« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2017, 03:48:48 PM »
Lost to the same guy twice in arena. He had a +10 Erika and +10 bunny Lucina. Being matched in the 694-700 point range. Right now my +SPD Lucina has become a burden and I'm officially ditching red off my team because the only green threat is Julia and spring Camila. Current plan is to get a 3rd blue unit.

Current team: azura cherche hinoka lucina

Red is garbage kappa

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
I'm considering trying to go for a more tanky bruiser build on camilla. Or, at least a bow revenge killer but then I couldn't get bowbreaker on her, shame. I do have a carrot axe I'm not using, so I could try for like a healing tank or something. She's got decent speed without that brave axe taking its toll on her. Especially on a +spd nature one.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2017, 04:26:37 PM »
I've strongly considered Fury on her and it always seems good when I see enemies use it, although you can't run Iote's Shield then if that's a concern.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #107 on: April 18, 2017, 04:32:47 PM »
oh wait I'm a goddamned idiot. If I put iote's shield on her with desperation, then she is a bow revenge killer, d'oh. A good thing too, I think carrot axe sucks on her. Who's she gonna be attacking?

e: but only if she doubles... and she needs darting blow for that. Arggg
e2: or threaten mf speed, this is starting to sound rather specific a build
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:35:24 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2017, 04:59:51 PM »
Now I'm really liking the idea of Life And Death on Camilla, but I can't find it maxed out on a 4*.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #109 on: April 18, 2017, 05:07:35 PM »
Yeah according to the list of inherit fodder 4star units, there aren't any four star LaD 3 people, unfortunately. She's in such a weird position of stats. Too balanced, almost. It's like they want you to sacrifice some of her stats with like LaD to build her. Varying builds, but not particularly excellent at any of them.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #110 on: April 18, 2017, 05:39:03 PM »
So I peeked the Lunatic missions for the Flier Mastery and no way in hell can Cherche can pull it off. The Red mage dropped a 60 on her and she couldn't instakill him.
Just use 3* Michalis, if you're talking about 9-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPlM6YPk8IY

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #111 on: April 18, 2017, 07:00:41 PM »
ok well I figured it out. It pains me that it's such a waste of valuable space in her passives, but a seal def 3 camilla (with iote's shield, of course) can take out neutral def/hp takumi along with every other bow unit (except virion). And now I have to wonder, is this really worth it? Was it worth figuring this out? I might as well be using cherche or something to kill the guy outright only I don't have any spare brave axes. I could keep her on her current desperation duty but it just doesn't work quickly enough to be able to answer demanding situations like bow units, especially multiple ones. Having only one answer -- hinoka -- in my tool box doesn't make me comfortable - she's not always available or positioned well. The upside to using this set is that it frees camilla's current ardent sacrifice slot for another reposition. Might try building it and see how it fares.

e: my +spd, +1 merged camilla can double a +spd takumi exactly (both 36 spd) if she holds anything other than a brave axe with buffs/debuffs. If she tanks a hit from him and survives the round, he'll be hit with a threaten spd and she'll be in desperation range. If she uses moonbow as a special, then it'll be at 1 cd left and will go off on the second hit, just barely managing to kill him. I don't like any of these options.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 07:32:27 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #112 on: April 18, 2017, 07:37:37 PM »
Ugh, yeah, unfortunately she's really really awkward. You're not wrong about her stats being too balanced. I'm assuming you're factoring in Hone Flyers or whatever buffs, right? I use Spur Atk with mine to help secure kills which is nice, but she's still really awkwardly positioned for a lot of matchups.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #113 on: April 18, 2017, 08:04:50 PM »
actually no, I'm planning my stats without flier buffs for those random times when you don't have any around. Although maybe I should include at leaast one goad fliers in there... would make things a lot easier.

e: no, wouldn't help in this case. Camilla's just baarely too slow, like 1 point in speed off, for any combination of threaten speeds and goad fliers to work to double a takumi and yet also keep a desperation in slot-B. And why not use hone fliers instead? Because hinoka can kill him already, why keep her there only for the buff if she can do it herself? The whole point of this exercise is so I can have her off doing her own thing if necessary after all.

e2: actually, a +spd takumi hit with threaten spd 3 would fall to 31 spd. Then, if I give my camilla the spd+1 seal she would just be able to double takumi with a goad flier buff. If I let hinoka handle any +spd takumis that are merged and have any higher speeds, I can rationalize using a brave axe instead of a carrot. Carrot, because I don't have any emerald axe+'s, even though it reallly works against desperation. Yeah, this cooould work. Would also save me from having to farm for over 1000+ more sp.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 08:45:17 PM by Mеа »

Edible

« Reply #114 on: April 18, 2017, 09:19:25 PM »
I've been primarily using Hinoka for Hone Fliers + Reposition instead of direct combat use.  This allows great flexibility for my other two fliers to get in, blow up a thing, and get pulled out of the line of fire.  Being able to ORKO a Takumi is a nice bonus, but it's not her primary objective usually.

... Of course, sometimes she's out of range, so I put Vantage on Bunnymilla.  Archers and mages can try to hit her, but with +10 ATK/SPD due to flier buffs and Gronnblade+, plus Vantage being almost always active due to Fury, it's fun to watch them fail.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #115 on: April 18, 2017, 09:36:42 PM »
I've been primarily using Hinoka for Hone Fliers + Reposition instead of direct combat use.  This allows great flexibility for my other two fliers to get in, blow up a thing, and get pulled out of the line of fire.  Being able to ORKO a Takumi is a nice bonus, but it's not her primary objective usually.

... Of course, sometimes she's out of range, so I put Vantage on Bunnymilla.  Archers and mages can try to hit her, but with +10 ATK/SPD due to flier buffs and Gronnblade+, plus Vantage being almost always active due to Fury, it's fun to watch them fail.
Who's your third flier?

See, that's easy mode. Spring Camilla is DLC and I don't play with that stuff. Apparently the game wants me to play on hard mode since it didn't want to give me one. Not a pinch of salt in me.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #116 on: April 18, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »
That's okay, it didn't give me a Hinoka to go with my Camillas. Things aren't quiiiite coming together, but I'll make something work...

Edible

« Reply #117 on: April 18, 2017, 10:29:26 PM »
Who's your third flier?

Clair, mostly because she's cute and I have her at 5*.  I gave her Palla's Moonbow and Goad Fliers.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #118 on: April 18, 2017, 10:54:47 PM »
So as expected Sharena is basically a terrible FCorrin. Spreads debuffs, boosts my team's stats, fast and bulky, just worse in pretty much every way than FCorrin. Not so much worse that I don't think I can use her to get a perfect arena run with some luck though (by which I mean, if I can avoid running into a Reinhardt stacking team for long enough), and she's kind of fun. Fortify Def combines with my Olivia's Spur Def to make my Camillas reeeeally physically bulky, and having Rally Attack instead of Fortify Atk isn't as much worse as I expected since it's not super common for my entire team to be attacking at the same time. Having a physical tank that doesn't take super effective damage from Lucina is kind of nice. That's never been a deal breaker for FCorrin, but it's not ideal.

Edit: I just ran into a PVP team where every member was a 5*, 40+ unit, but had either one skill or no skills equipped. Is that some kind of weird matchmaking exploit or something? I've never seen that before.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:00:20 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2017, 01:52:56 AM »
Alright, time for the commandercool usage list 1.0.2! Things are pretty different this time. This is out of 35 matches with no repeat characters.

11/35: Eirika, Hector, Takumi

9/11: Lucina

4/35: Ephraim, Linde, Ninian, Nowi, Olivia, Ryoma

3/35: Azura, Camilla, Effie, Eldigan, Gordin, Lyn, Marth, Nino, Olwen, Reinhardt, Sharena

2/35: Merric, Michalis, Palla, Rebecca, SCamilla, SLucina, tiki

1/35: Abel, Anna, Cecilia, Chrom, Elise, Fae, Faye, Felicia, Fir, Hinoka, Julia, Kagero, Klein, Leo, Lilina, MCorrin, Minerva, MRobin, Oboro, Peri, Roy, Sanaki, SChrom, Seliph, Setsuna, Sully, Tharja, Ursula

Big losses: Effie, Camilla, tiki, MRobin

Big gains: Hector, Eirika

About the same: Takumi, Lucina

I've been noticing Eirika making increasing gains for a while now, but I guess she's reached top tier. Very surprised to see MRobin completely tank. I had admittedly been using him and stopped, but that was for waifu reasons. His nemesis Takumi has rebounded after a slump, so it's not like there's nothing for him to do, and I never see Takumis optimized to beat him. He seems like he's as relevant now as ever, maybe much more so since other archers are on the rise, so why is his usage down so much? Could be sample size weirdness I guess.