Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 140649 times)

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #690 on: September 15, 2017, 08:23:35 AM »
Do you have a plan for a set for her? I've been struggling with how to make mine less... underwhelming.
I don't care, I'm just happy I have a second type of dancer now. I reckon I'll give her Wings of Mercy and maybe build a dragon team if I get the feathers.

If you're just looking for a dancer, Olivia is probably better because she has the same speed and a usable attack stat.

EDIT: Burger King is borked

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #691 on: September 15, 2017, 01:03:08 PM »
Yeah, I'm lucky enough to have all three dancers and they go Olivia->Azura->Ninian IMO. Azura is the best on paper, but Olivia is best in practice on most teams because she beats almost any Hector set one-on-one, so you can just throw her on any team that needs a Hector counter.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #692 on: September 15, 2017, 03:35:44 PM »
I think I've got a real shot at finally getting to Arena rank 20 this time I think. Even with perfect runs I always fall way short, but right now I'm pretty close to the top of rank 19. I'm sure I'll fall pretty far, but hopefully not quite far enough to rank down...

Edit:

8l
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 11:46:54 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #693 on: September 16, 2017, 01:13:53 AM »
Were you trying to block his spawn spot or something?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #694 on: September 16, 2017, 02:27:21 AM »
I forgot which house he spawned out of...

Edit: Holy shit, I never noticed before just now that Chain Challenge has a normal and hard difficulty... They don't give stones unfortunately, but they do give tons and tons of feathers...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:29:38 AM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #695 on: September 16, 2017, 04:19:43 AM »
If you haven't completed them, they're actually the most stamina efficient mode for farming SP as long as you never clear the last map (which halves rewards for all future runs). I've been using chain challenge 1-2 normal to grind SP for Elincia, doing 9 maps and then surrendering on map 10.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #696 on: September 16, 2017, 04:21:23 AM »
Ooh, noted. I've only cleared 1-1 on normal so I'll leave it uncleared. Thanks for the heads up.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #697 on: September 16, 2017, 07:44:39 AM »
Unfortunately I cleared all of them on normal except for 9-10 and 11-12, which, uh, are not trivial to grind on. :|

grind SP for Elincia
:|

Conqueror

« Reply #698 on: September 16, 2017, 05:15:40 PM »
Yeah, the time limits and other gimmicks are a massive pain, although they technically do have higher potential with all the reinforcements.

My rolls are blessed, I haven't been spooked by an off-banner 5 star in months. Now watch it finally happen when Micaiah comes around.

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #699 on: September 16, 2017, 08:31:06 PM »

goddammit it happened again

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #700 on: September 16, 2017, 10:46:55 PM »
I got a 5* yesterday but it was Seliph. Seliph seems... really not good?

Conqueror

« Reply #701 on: September 19, 2017, 03:28:28 AM »
Seliph is bad, but at least he has a...niche stat build if you really want to invest in him. Probably one of the most useless Prf  weapons though.

Meanwhile this isn't my Neph, but this is how she fares against a 55 hp 40 def Hector

Can't wait to roll for her when she isn't sharing a banner with Oscar.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #702 on: September 19, 2017, 03:31:04 AM »
Well, I made it to rank 20 for the first time. Now to find out if I can stay in it for long before I get bumped back down...

Koog

• I live to protect those dear to me,
  • as a good friend would.
« Reply #703 on: September 26, 2017, 05:08:46 PM »
New Heroes are announced to be coming the 29th
Mwahahahahha!

Conqueror

« Reply #704 on: September 26, 2017, 07:46:13 PM »
Looks like Azura and Shigure?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #705 on: September 26, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »
Ooh, I hope Shigure is coming! Although Shigure without Kana seems kind of weird.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #706 on: September 27, 2017, 01:28:57 AM »
So I dropped this game like in May or June ish? I think? How's the game been since then, is it more gamey or is it still arena arena? I left just around when tempest first came out.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #707 on: September 27, 2017, 01:56:22 AM »
That's a little difficult for me to say since I think I'm more pre-disposed toward appreciating Fire Emblem than most people (unless it's Echoes, apparently...) but I think it's got some solid single-player gameplay. There's a new Infernal difficulty that appears on some special events like Grand Hero Battles and two extremely difficult single-player modes that focus on having a large collection.

So as someone who plays the game a lot and maintains my collection, the endgame stuff like Infernal hero battles, Chain Challenges, and Squad Assaults provides a tricky and satisfying puzzle-like gameplay where solving them is basically a trial-and-error process of slowly figuring out how to get further while using less resources. The grinding has become less grindy, but success has a lot to do with having a lot of different options to work with which means owning a large number of different good monsters. 5*s are MUCH easier to get now, but you also ideally want more of them.

Personally most of my enjoyment still comes from the arena, so it all comes down to whether you like the arena or not. I think it's great, and there's an interesting alternative arena game mode now as well, but if you're not interested in it then there's probably not enough for you to do. I managed to make it to the highest tier with a non-IAP, non-optimal collection and enjoyed the challenge of getting there, so it's definitely not whales-only, and the vastly increased rate of hero feather drops means creating viable arena teams is much faster now, but if the basic concept of battling other people's teams with your team isn't appealing for you then the game probably isn't appealing for you.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #708 on: September 27, 2017, 07:56:15 AM »
To give a second opinion, this Day 1 FTP player still loves the game but doesn't enjoy arena at all really. Getting in my 3 free arena battles every day is likely what i forget until the last minute - thought, thanks to having to do two for a quest every day, I don't think I've ever completely forgotten. For comparison I keep fluctuating between ranks 17 and 19, so even without much effort, it's not a hassle to be good at it and reap some rewards.

What I do enjoy however is that they seem to give players a constant flow of content now. There is a good amount of quests and challenges you can do every day, week and month. Then there is tempest and voting gauntlets which keep you occupied for as much as you want to put into them. And if really nothings going on, I just enjoy picking up a new team of 4 and training them to level 40, and/or building up a new 5 star - which is easy with how many feathers and orbs there are around now - i got close to 300 orbs just from ignoring the newest banner and I'm at about 150000 feathers, just from being very sparing with them.

Tempest has gotten a lot easier and more fun since it's first incarnation, too, so if you didn't enjoy that, it might very well have changed. Thought, really, a lot of little things have changed all over the app to make it more enjoyable - like refreshing the enemy teams in the training tower until the highest difficulty team is something my bad armor team can beat for the related monthly quest.

---

Speaking of things that changed, I have a question about something that hasn't. What I'm wondering is if anyone actually uses the level up items? Because I feel like using them would make me loose out on most of the game play and about all of the easy level up SP? I don't think I've used a single one so far, and am wondering if I missed something about them.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #709 on: September 27, 2017, 12:31:21 PM »
The shards and fragments or whatever? I do use them, but only in rare cases like prepping a unit that I'm going to promote and then inherit, or getting through those sacred seal quests quickly. If you actually care about using a unit they're generally a bad idea, but if you want to level it up but don't actually intend to battle with it for some reason, which happens occasionally, then they're a convenient time saver.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #710 on: September 27, 2017, 05:46:42 PM »
Okay, I guess that's fair. Thanks. I never thought about using them for inheritance fodder, because getting something to level 20 goes pretty fast anyways, but I guess I could save some time and energy that way.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #711 on: September 27, 2017, 07:10:47 PM »
So absolutely every single arena team I've seen since Black Knight went live has had him on it. But basically none of them have had Armor March, and without it he kind of isn't that good?

I just got mine this morning since not having units compatible with the Tempest Trial has led to slow progress, but I can't really see myself using him.

Conqueror

« Reply #712 on: September 27, 2017, 11:19:27 PM »
I think people are just excited to use a free high bst distant counter unit with decent defense and speed. I put him on my arena defense team but no defenses so far.

My guess is that with free Brave Lyn running around in a lot of people's teams, most of my team is shut down immediately. Oh well, I did manage to get a defense with almost full fliers last week so maybe I'll switch to that in a day or two.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #713 on: September 28, 2017, 07:35:49 AM »
Sing with me a song~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3e9LlGKvo

He can finally dance on the big stage. I'm so proud.
Now, who do I want, aside from all of them?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #714 on: September 28, 2017, 12:51:14 PM »
Oh daaaang! Weird that we got an alternate Shigure before the normal one, but opera Azura is... yes.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #715 on: September 28, 2017, 04:17:43 PM »
Jesus christo, These skills and weapons seem kinda ridiculous :v

Edit: Okay- Like, Azura especially since she can theoretically run a Dance, her Weapon, and something like Hone Atk.

They have to at the very least not let the dance and Weapon stack, right?.....right....?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 04:30:54 PM by Chaore »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #716 on: September 28, 2017, 05:15:39 PM »
Alright, got my very last chance to pull. Elincia before her banner ends. Rate up to 4%.

-There's a red orb

-3* Fir

Bleh.

Oh well, bring on the dancer banner!

Conqueror

« Reply #717 on: September 28, 2017, 06:49:45 PM »
They have to at the very least not let the dance and Weapon stack, right?.....right....?
Azura's weapon sounds like it would act like a Hone, so I'm reasonably confident it won't stack in the sense that the strongest buff will remain. So Azura's buff + Hone attack = +3 to all stats except attack, which has +4.

4 new dancers is lol. New B skills are interesting although the fact that you're giving up the B slot and the buffs only happen after a dance makes them less useful since half the time you're using your dancer to retreat units, not charge them further in. That said, new Azura is very very strong and is almost a direct upgrade to the old Azura with a more "meta" color. I think giving her the prf weapon was unnecessary, now I wonder how other dancers they will introduce like Tethys, Reyson, Lalum, etc. will compete.

Also, what's the occasion for this special banner? Mid Autumn Festival?

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #718 on: September 28, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »
The occasion is let's make more money please.

I was too late to get Elincia but just in time to get a Neph!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #719 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:13 PM »
New B skills are likely very underpowered unless they stack, which they probably don't. If you really want that bonus then you'll probably want it in a form that's easier to control and is available earlier in your turn, and B slot is arguably the most painful to give up, especially for a support character.

New weapon types and colors on dancers are very interesting, and Azura's weapon seems amazing given that it doesn't take up a skill slot, the weapon has high attack, and it's the largest biff we've seen yet. She's definitely the all-star here but the others are also interesting.