Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 143750 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #510 on: July 18, 2017, 01:00:23 PM »
WOOOOOHOOOO!!!! BERKUT GRAND HERO BATTLE IS HERE!!!! 18 ~ 25 of this month.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #511 on: July 18, 2017, 01:03:52 PM »
Yeah, this was a tricky one. Definitely don't want to even attempt the hardest difficulty.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #512 on: July 18, 2017, 01:18:16 PM »
Yeah, this was a tricky one. Definitely don't want to even attempt the hardest difficulty.
Yeah I literally kept dying due to the mages sniping at Minerva or Reinhardt until I had to figure out the AI, Berkut was a pushover thanks to Ryoma and Minerva. Literally, though he seems to be a wall just by looking at his +res abilities and def stats.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 01:20:03 PM by MewMewHeart »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #513 on: July 18, 2017, 09:34:09 PM »
Yikes, Reinhardt does 0 damage to and gets ORKO'd by the red mage cav.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #514 on: July 18, 2017, 09:37:19 PM »
Yeah I think we're seeing explicit anti-Reinhardt enemies now to prevent him from continuing to effortlessly roll all PVE content. But I still cleared this with Reinhardt...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #515 on: July 18, 2017, 10:15:48 PM »
Yeah I think we're seeing explicit anti-Reinhardt enemies now to prevent him from continuing to effortlessly roll all PVE content. But I still cleared this with Reinhardt...
Same I had just had to make sure he didn't get hurt by the red mage... oh and Minerva gets whacked by that mage too...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #516 on: July 18, 2017, 11:19:45 PM »
Camilla, incidentally, does not!

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #517 on: July 19, 2017, 01:45:39 AM »
Hoo boy...

How bad an idea is it to try jumping back into this after having quit like a week, week and a half into the game?  >_>  (I started at launch)
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #518 on: July 19, 2017, 02:06:26 AM »
Honestly no idea. There have been a lot of story missions added and feathers are significantly easier to get now, so you should be able to get a lot of stones coast a team or two into max level, but I don't know how the lower tiers of the PVP will treat you since I haven't played in them since the beginning. I'd say it's worth a shot. Cashing out the normal and hard quests should take a decent while, and you'll definitely be able to handle most of the lunatic ones before too long.

The big things you're missing out on are a big collection of random filler units to scrap for skill inherit and a lot of event prize characters, some of which are very meta. Assuming that the lower levels of PVP aren't that competitive you should be able to build yourself up. It might take you quite a while to get to the very hardest content, but the interim stuff is more robust than it was.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #519 on: July 19, 2017, 02:14:04 AM »
Hoo boy...

How bad an idea is it to try jumping back into this after having quit like a week, week and a half into the game?  >_>  (I started at launch)

As someone in that sameish situation: really, really fucking bad.

Most new content is way too balanced towards people with strong SI'd cards, and you'll probably want to actually grind out a few teams at this point just for variety.

It's far from impossible, but it's a lot of work and a lot of unit maintenance before real progression. It's my biggest gripe with the current state post 'actual content' patches.

and then there's the looming threat of Nintendo going Square Enix post christmas, but that's another story.

Conqueror

« Reply #520 on: July 19, 2017, 03:05:35 AM »
I think the biggest barrier to progression is amount of time played vs how early you picked up the game, so it's not like you're impossibly handicapped compared to people who started earlier. Progression in the game hasn't really changed since launch, they've just added some new maps and modes and had some event droppable characters come and go, but they'll rotate back later. Like Chaore said, most of the newer content is balanced towards people who have been building up units for a while, but they should be clearable on the easier difficulty levels regardless with a few exceptions. A lot of people have posted guides on how to complete certain modes with free units, although you'll still have to collect and level up those units.

I'm honestly not too worried about FEH going bust that soon. I give it at least a year like most mobage. I've played obscure Korean mobages that have lasted longer.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #521 on: July 19, 2017, 03:38:36 AM »
Like Chaore said, most of the newer content is balanced towards people who have been building up units for a while, but they should be clearable on the easier difficulty levels regardless with a few exceptions.

To be honest though: a lot of the time those easy modes don't tend to matter, bar GHB (Which are a huge pain anyway when new).

The extra feathers for income is probably nice for beginners, but can only do so much with the limited stock.

Conqueror

« Reply #522 on: July 19, 2017, 03:48:30 AM »
Oh right, I remember how much trouble the Narcian GHB gave me, and that was for the 2* version. I mean the difficult modes don't really matter too much in terms of game progression, barring stuff like wanting extra GHB unit copies or clearing the time-limited special maps/quests which give orbs - a small amount, but it adds up over time. There's Tempest, which I imagine is unbearable to grind with the lower difficulty point gain, but the rewards this time aren't that essential.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #523 on: July 19, 2017, 09:40:29 AM »
Oh right, I remember how much trouble the Narcian GHB gave me, and that was for the 2* version. I mean the difficult modes don't really matter too much in terms of game progression, barring stuff like wanting extra GHB unit copies or clearing the time-limited special maps/quests which give orbs - a small amount, but it adds up over time. There's Tempest, which I imagine is unbearable to grind with the lower difficulty point gain, but the rewards this time aren't that essential.
Speak for yourself, those bonus orbs are gold. F2p btw

As someone who picked up the game last month after leaving for April, May, it's a lot of grinding, but if it's fun it's fun.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #524 on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:54 PM »
I've got a ton of feathers burning a hole in my pocket, but I don't have a strong plan on what to do with them. I might make a Brave Bow+ for Bride Cordelia, but I don't have anything that can use it. I guess I could make a second Reinhardt or a Xander and be all meta, but that seems kind of boring. I could max out Effie and start an armor team, or maybe get a Life And Death 3 to go on one of my Camillas. Hmm..

Jq1790

« Reply #525 on: July 19, 2017, 05:40:58 PM »
So I did a pack on the summer banner and hit some sort of jackpot.

Scored summer Tiki/Robin(as well as a trio of 3*s, two of whom are dupes) but eh.  Gonna be nice for SP gain and I imagine paired with a healer they might be pretty cool for having overall stat boosts a lot of the time, however small.  I wonder how they'd pair with Fury if I can get that on them from somewhere...?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #526 on: July 19, 2017, 05:59:50 PM »
I can't speak for Tiki, but if Robin has -HP (which mine does) then you can use Fury 3 and Deft Harpoon to drop down into Vantage (or Desperation) range after your first attack. So yeah, theoretically they pair really well with Fury. Possibly even better if you've got Breath Of Life on a buddy to keep them from wearing down.

Meanwhile their SP boosting skills are super handy. Those will be good to have around. "Some sort of jackpot" indeed.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #527 on: July 21, 2017, 03:46:42 PM »
I pulled a Mathilda yesterday (been really lucky lately) and she's the only unit in the game with Cancel Affinity right now. I doubt she's an optimal user of it and I'm probably not going to feed it away since I only have one of her, but it's pretty interesting.

My loose understanding of it is that it blanks all attributes for the user, but if you're fighting something with a gem weapon or Triangle Affinity then they get a penalty instead of a bonus? Not sure if the penalty is universal or if it's only for characters who would normally get a bonus against you, but it's definitely an interesting (and ambiguously worded and confusing) mechanic.

Jq1790

« Reply #528 on: July 21, 2017, 04:52:23 PM »
From what I'm reading on the wiki it seems that level 1 makes all weapons on both sides neutral affinity to each other, level 2 makes the enemy's advantage turn to neutral, and level 3 makes them turn to disadvantage if they have advantage.

Also based on the wiki's wording of things(which I don't know if it's the same as the ingame, never noted if it was the same for other skills), this effect even applies to things like gem weapons(since weapons are treated as skills in this game as well IIRC), Triangle Adept, etc.  (so people with advantage and Triangle Adept would get the increased penalty but not the bonus because Cancel Affinity overrides that)

It DOES have an unfortunate side effect of making you unable to have natural advantage anymore though if I'm understanding it correctly, but it removes your weakness to WTA problems.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:24:35 PM by Jq1790 »

« Reply #529 on: July 21, 2017, 08:27:44 PM »
from what i understand from reading in other forums it only works if your opponent has TA or a gem weapon. in Mathilda's case for example it would allow her to deal neutral damage against Titania since she uses the emerald axe but it would do nothing if she tried to fight against Hector.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #530 on: July 22, 2017, 03:04:12 AM »
That doesn't seem to be how it's been working in my testing, but I also haven't bought the third tier yet. I'll report back once I've worked it out.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #531 on: July 23, 2017, 07:53:03 PM »

Fuck iiiiiiit.

Jq1790

« Reply #532 on: July 23, 2017, 08:36:13 PM »
Congrats, it's a comic book hero.

(His design has always kind of made me headtilt a bit when I look at the one on my box)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #533 on: July 24, 2017, 04:09:49 AM »
Ugh, this is the first time I've run into this, but a full Arena sweep in Tier 19 is not even close to good enough to rank me up this week with the team I was using. Which admittedly isn't very optimized for scoring, but this has never been a problem before so I wasn't too worried about it. Have to rework the team and give it another shot tomorrow with some better-scoring units and see what happens I guess. I don't really own any armor units except the abysmally terrible Sheena, but maybe promoting an Effie should be my next project.

Congrats, it's a comic book hero.

(His design has always kind of made me headtilt a bit when I look at the one on my box)

Relevant
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 04:12:06 AM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #534 on: July 24, 2017, 05:11:11 AM »
Tier 20 just feels like too much effort for a small upgrade in rewards. Probably involves merges, use of high BST units and expensive skills, etc.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #535 on: July 24, 2017, 09:03:45 AM »
Tier 20 just feels like too much effort for a small upgrade in rewards. Probably involves merges, use of high BST units and expensive skills, etc.
It involves voluntarily resetting your streak every time the battle forecast matches you up with a team that doesn't give a high enough max score. I've seen a guy do it on YouTube.

At the end of the day you're buying dueling swords with orbs, which is about the whaliest thing conceivable.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #536 on: July 24, 2017, 06:36:50 PM »
My luck has been crazy lately. In the last handful of days while idly doing blue pulls looking for Ninian or something I got Fae, Mathilda, Olwen, and just now Nowi. Nothing I necessarily wanted, but I'll certainly take it.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #537 on: July 26, 2017, 12:39:07 PM »

My first Infernal clear! Who knew Arthur would immediately come in handy?

I feel like this is the easiest Infernal so far by a large margin. Most or all of the difficulty is from added enemies rather than powered up enemies, and the map is laid out in such a way that splitting them into manageable groups is easy.

I had BunCam Reposition Arthur over onto the right side of the river, then had her wait just inside of the archer's reach to tank and ORKO it. From there the two blue units and Lloyd went after Arthur while the rest went for my main force. Arthur took out the blue units and kited Lloyd all the way down to the end if the peninsula, where Cam scooped him up and placed him out of reach just before Lloyd (who was the only remaining enemy by this point) reached him. At that point it was just a matter of having Sharena Quick Riposte Lloyd to death. EZ-ish.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 12:40:57 PM by commandercool »

Conqueror

« Reply #538 on: July 28, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
Grats! I noticed some of the skills were actually completely changed between infernal and lunatic for this rerun. Makes me wonder what they'll do for stuff like Infernal Xander/Camus.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #539 on: July 28, 2017, 03:30:31 AM »
A bit late to mention but the FEHeroes channel is doing a broadcast on YouTube at 8:30 pm  PT today and it just started.

Edit: WOOHOO 4* RATE GONNA INCREASE YES NO SHITTY ROLLS!!!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 03:56:59 AM by MewMewHeart »