Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 143937 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #390 on: June 07, 2017, 06:26:12 AM »
If you check the bulletin board you'll see ads for it. It seems like it's a PVE thing with a pseudo-permadeath feature where you can't re-use a unit in the scenario if they die. I think. That's my takeaway from it anyway.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #391 on: June 07, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »
The next update sounds really good. It's small things, but I love all of it.

• More Teams with a dedicated defense team: I was getting slightly annoyed about having to switch my teams out as much, so this is great.
  • Get all quest rewards at the same time, like the daily rewards: I was always wondering why this wasn't a thing, if they clearly knew how to do it.
  • Actually seeing how many + a 40+ unit has: I don't really notice them much, but its still useful
  • Skipping Level Up Text during Automated Battle: thank the gods
  • Loading Times Reduction: Sometimes it took quite a bit, so I'm all for it
  • Some other, mostly visual things
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #392 on: June 07, 2017, 03:12:12 PM »
The option to turn off the double-tap to Wait feature will be very nice.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #393 on: June 07, 2017, 09:19:35 PM »
I happen to use that feature a lot, I was a little surprised people wanted it gone.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #394 on: June 07, 2017, 09:35:45 PM »
It's convenient for sure but there have been more than zero amount of times that I've accidentally skipped a unit's turn without meaning to that cost me a run. Eg: trying to reposition a unit by double tapping them and then realizing you just skipped their turn because you somehow didn't tap the repositioner unit first.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #395 on: June 08, 2017, 12:27:50 AM »
I honestly didn't even realize that was a mechanic. I don't think I've ever done it by mistake, and certainly never on purpose.

« Reply #396 on: June 08, 2017, 03:08:10 PM »

after several tries managed a full run with no deaths. i realized fooling around with healers and armored units was  a waste of time, wings of mercy azura did pretty much all the heavy lifting to ohko the enemy every map or allow julia to attack twice.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #397 on: June 08, 2017, 04:59:55 PM »
I lost a good few units before I started to find tactics that consistently work. I've still got all of my very crucial units (which is to say, the extremely hard-hitting magic ones and my Olivia), but not most of my score-boosting ones which sucks.

Does anyone know if surrendering lets you keep your characters if you get a bad run, or do they still all get eliminated?

Edit: Wait, have I completely misunderstood how this works? You CAN reuse characters between runs? Well that's much easier.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 06:35:56 PM by commandercool »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #398 on: June 08, 2017, 11:08:10 PM »
What the fuck, I just pulled a THIRD Bride Cordelia.

Would've, uh, been nice if one of those had been a Lyn...

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #399 on: June 08, 2017, 11:14:29 PM »
Looks like it's just a gauntlet style for Tempest.

That's neat. Almost interesting enough to consid-

>pretty much requires multiple high level teams

yeah nevermind pass

Edible

« Reply #400 on: June 08, 2017, 11:15:47 PM »
Even on the hardest lunatic mode I've never needed more than two teams, so it should be doable.

Chaore

« Reply #401 on: June 08, 2017, 11:56:20 PM »
Even on the hardest lunatic mode I've never needed more than two teams, so it should be doable.

I mean my current strongest setup is three 31-33 range units

and second strongest is 'lv 1 5*s'. This was a personal complaint mostly, but I can say holy shit, this 35-40 lv maps for rewards meme is really discouraging anyone who is not relentlessly playing honestly.

I think they need to heavily reconsider the reward scaling too honestly because shit, that's a lot of runs either way.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #402 on: June 09, 2017, 12:03:59 AM »
I mean my current strongest setup is three 31-33 range units

and second strongest is 'lv 1 5*s'. This was a personal complaint mostly, but I can say holy shit, this 35-40 lv maps for rewards meme is really discouraging anyone who is not relentlessly playing honestly.

I think they need to heavily reconsider the reward scaling too honestly because shit, that's a lot of runs either way.
I kinda feel the same way too... be quite honest.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Edible

« Reply #403 on: June 09, 2017, 12:22:30 AM »
To get all the rewards is almost an impossible hurdle without stamina pots, yeah.  Maybe that's the intent.

Chaore

« Reply #404 on: June 09, 2017, 12:26:27 AM »
To get all the rewards is almost an impossible hurdle without stamina pots, yeah.  Maybe that's the intent.

It's almost certainly- good thing they threw a shit down at us.

But even the main big one feels... like a lot of play, honestly. On what is not a short ride.

I feel like they could've handled it better, and honestly the new player inaccessibility is still my biggest complaint.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #405 on: June 09, 2017, 12:33:46 AM »
I've got a setup that reliably scores ~600 points, which isn't that many runs at all to get to the good stuff over two weeks. I do play quite a lot though so I definitely can't comment on how the experience is for newer or more casual players.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #406 on: June 09, 2017, 02:55:40 AM »

Well, they've been throwing stampots at players like no tomorrow, so unless you've been farming for hours a day most people should be fine.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Conqueror

« Reply #407 on: June 09, 2017, 03:02:41 AM »

So my setup either gets me what I assume is the full 705 points if Veronica's map doesn't screw me over, or 300 points as I proceed to lose all four teams to Reinhardt/Olwen/Klein. I guess this is proof I really need a good green mage.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #408 on: June 09, 2017, 03:21:01 PM »
My strategy so far has been using my second best team, get as far as possible, use two relatively flexible but weak teams to pick up where the other team failed and maybe use my best team unharmed against the (already weakened by loosing to it) boss and win?
I can use my strongest team alone to get to the boss, but they are too weak at that point to win, and the others have literally no chance, even if I weaken them by loosing three times.

My team is Julia, Nowi, Takumi, Eldigan
I could put a dancer in there, maybe? Takumi is really only using Reposition and kills off weakened stuff anyways. Any recommendations?

Speaking of recommendations, it it worth it to 5* Xander if I already have Eldigan? Is he better at anything, aside from being able to distant-counter?
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

Edible

« Reply #409 on: June 09, 2017, 07:23:30 PM »
Speaking of recommendations, it it worth it to 5* Xander if I already have Eldigan? Is he better at anything, aside from being able to distant-counter?

Xander is basically a +DEF/-RES Eldigan, yeah.  They're both great, but I do get a lot of specific use out of Xander's baked-in Distant Counter since I run across many green ranged units as opposed to melee.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #410 on: June 09, 2017, 10:45:13 PM »
Xander/Camus/Priscilla/Julia have been able to clear all seven waves on their own several times. Even though Xander and Camus both use Fury and are constantly leaking HP, Julia's Breath of Life and Priscilla's Rehabilitate do wonders for keeping them topped off.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #411 on: June 09, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »
Really wishing I had a second dancer right now. I feel like I can't include Olivia on my first team in case I lose to a bad matchup (the game loves to throw lance users with enormous resist against my team of magic users and sword wielders en masse) because I need her for the last floor, but that means I'm pretty much planning on losing a team to get to that point. I have taken down the last floor without a dancer a couple of times, but it's certainly not easy or likely.

Edible

« Reply #412 on: June 12, 2017, 03:08:12 PM »
This grind is really burning me out. <_<

I know some people are already finished and it's kinda amazing they have the patience for it.  I'm probably going to stop as soon as I get quickened pulse.

Edit: Also, new banner info should be coming soon.  This is the first time in a while where we haven't at least had an idea of what new units would appear.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 03:10:35 PM by Edible »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #413 on: June 12, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
Yeah, I'm at ~15k right now and I'm aiming for Quickened Pulse. This event is so long that I'm not worried at all about finishing though.

Conqueror

« Reply #414 on: June 12, 2017, 05:06:06 PM »
Yeah, I think IS really went overboard in the amount of grind involved. It doesn't help that I just dislike grind events in general. I'm at 35k so getting quickened pulse will be relatively easy, but working in the time to actually play the gauntlet throughout the day can be a hassle.

For future runs I'd like to maybe see the duration of the event cut in half so it isn't as much of a slog, since the limited variety of the maps really started to set in at about the 15k-20k mark - it's not like my team or the dungeons are changing so strategies have pretty much set in by then. That said, I'm not sure what kind of events they could use to fill the gap - if they add dungeons with % chance drop for rare item or seal then I don't know if I'll find that better or worse.

I guess in the end there's only so much you can do aside from release more maps or make you repeat them.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #415 on: June 12, 2017, 06:12:24 PM »
With how I focused on only a few units, the difficulty has made the event unbearable to me. I just nabbed 4* Mars and moved on.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #416 on: June 12, 2017, 06:14:12 PM »
So what do we think the next banner is? Anybody got any wild guesses? Personally I'd love Fates offspring, maybe Midori, Forrest, Percy and Kanna or something. I don't think that's super likely, and as much as I don't love Radiant Dawn we should probably get more characters from that setting before anything else because they're very popular and we don't have many yet.

Edible

« Reply #417 on: June 12, 2017, 06:32:22 PM »
The most popular character in Fire Emblem who isn't in the game yet is definitely Micaiah.  If they do a Radiant Dawn banner, the most likely units are Micaiah and Sothe as the chase units, along with a couple others like maybe Laura, Nolan, Edward, or Leonardo.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #418 on: June 12, 2017, 06:59:56 PM »
As someone who has 1/10 interest in any of those characters, I'd sign off on that.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #419 on: June 12, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »
I'm at about 24500 points with more than half of the event remaining, so I'm on pace to get that seal. It's kinda awful, though, and I hate reaching the final stage and seeing ~Effie~. Hmm.