Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius  (Read 143736 times)

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #150 on: April 22, 2017, 07:31:24 PM »
It's a point that's missed pretty often in the west since it's not like we got an official localization for FE6.

With that said, it does have a full translation so it's well worth playing.

« Reply #151 on: April 23, 2017, 05:52:39 AM »
So as it turns out, there is an SP cap.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
« Reply #152 on: April 23, 2017, 10:28:24 AM »
This weekend goes to conquest, since I forgot that my roommate had a 3ds. Chapter 23, takumi's. I gave it about 2 hours and was in despair because this was the first time I legit did not think it was possible with my people. But then I remembered staves were a thing. If I completely ignore everything on the left side of the lower half of the map, I could fly across the chasm and use entrap to warp the enemy sitting on the far right staircase on the wall and storm on over to takumi that way.

I have 2 questions for the people that did this before though (lunatic ver).
1) will I be needing entrap later on, like absolutely? Is it wasted on this chapter? I do only have four uses total after all.
2) has anyone here actually gotten through the lower part of the map, the left side? Where literally everyone has lunge. Maybe I'm just under leveled? I need 2 units minimum to kill any one enemy unit. I can't tank because lunge, I can't attack because I can't kill everyone, kiting is impossible because of lunge. I'm assuming this is where everyone has all their army replaced with the 2nd generation super units I keep hearing about.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Edible

« Reply #153 on: April 23, 2017, 02:24:18 PM »

Truly a Herculean feat.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #154 on: April 23, 2017, 02:28:02 PM »
This weekend goes to conquest, since I forgot that my roommate had a 3ds. Chapter 23, takumi's. I gave it about 2 hours and was in despair because this was the first time I legit did not think it was possible with my people. But then I remembered staves were a thing. If I completely ignore everything on the left side of the lower half of the map, I could fly across the chasm and use entrap to warp the enemy sitting on the far right staircase on the wall and storm on over to takumi that way.

I have 2 questions for the people that did this before though (lunatic ver).
1) will I be needing entrap later on, like absolutely? Is it wasted on this chapter? I do only have four uses total after all.
2) has anyone here actually gotten through the lower part of the map, the left side? Where literally everyone has lunge. Maybe I'm just under leveled? I need 2 units minimum to kill any one enemy unit. I can't tank because lunge, I can't attack because I can't kill everyone, kiting is impossible because of lunge. I'm assuming this is where everyone has all their army replaced with the 2nd generation super units I keep hearing about.

1) You virtually need to use one Entrap charge to get into the castle as far as I know. I ended my lunatic run with charges remaining, so that's fine. They're useful later on and there may be a point where you need to use another one, but you shouldn't need all four.

2) I haven't ever managed to get through that bridge, in large part because I have no idea how the AI there works and getting to that point takes so long that I stopped experimenting after a while. You can get pretty close to the enemies without them attacking you which makes lining up a one-round kill easier, but at some point they'll all jump on you and I don't know what that point is or what the conditions are.

You're on the right track I think. What you're describing is how I beat that map and I went on to clear the game, so you should be okay.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #155 on: April 23, 2017, 09:49:54 PM »
2) I haven't ever managed to get through that bridge, in large part because I have no idea how the AI there works and getting to that point takes so long that I stopped experimenting after a while. You can get pretty close to the enemies without them attacking you which makes lining up a one-round kill easier, but at some point they'll all jump on you and I don't know what that point is or what the conditions are.
I was going to skip the bottom half until you said you did it, so I threw corrin and xander together at the lunge people and somehow it worked. That did not feel good, that didn't feel like strategy. It was like throwing an axe in a lake and praying that the kind lady inside will give it back to you unharmed. While I appreciate maps that allow for multiple avenues of approach, I don't like when one of them is 'hope you have X, if not lol' combined with lots of luck. Now I'm staring at Hinata and really considering leaving his ass alone.

e: couldn't leave his ass alone
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 10:30:57 PM by Mеа »

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #156 on: April 23, 2017, 11:29:31 PM »

All that and you still have 7 stamina potions left.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #157 on: April 24, 2017, 02:33:40 PM »
Yaaay more FRobins to grind up and distribute Ignis-es with! I've been meaning to try Ignis on BunCam.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #158 on: April 24, 2017, 02:39:45 PM »
But I already have FRobin and Navarre bring back the two asshole maps.~
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Conqueror

« Reply #159 on: April 24, 2017, 03:12:29 PM »
But now you can make a full team of 4 FRobins!

Interesting AI quirk: on Battling Robin Hard, Robin had the chance to kill my single digit HP Olivia, but decided instead to go for the full health Navarre, maybe because he had one point lower res? I thought the AI always went for sure kills, so that surprised me. On the plus side, this meant I didn't lose and so Lyn ended up killing all 5 units on the map.

The only quests I have left are the ones where Robin and Navarre kill themselves, because I'm not sure how I'm going to soften up the enemy units without killing them. I think Navarre's in particular is going to be a real pain, since he probably dies to everything on that map.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #160 on: April 24, 2017, 03:29:57 PM »
But now you can make a full team of 4 FRobins!

Interesting AI quirk: on Battling Robin Hard, Robin had the chance to kill my single digit HP Olivia, but decided instead to go for the full health Navarre, maybe because he had one point lower res? I thought the AI always went for sure kills, so that surprised me. On the plus side, this meant I didn't lose and so Lyn ended up killing all 5 units on the map.

The only quests I have left are the ones where Robin and Navarre kill themselves, because I'm not sure how I'm going to soften up the enemy units without killing them. I think Navarre's in particular is going to be a real pain, since he probably dies to everything on that map.
What if I rather have one copy of each character! >_>
To be honest it's nice they're bringing back the Grand Hero maps for those who missed them.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2017, 10:33:46 AM »
Thread is now invalid. Still no Micaiah though so I'm mad

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2017, 11:03:13 AM »
Thread is now invalid. Still no Micaiah though so I'm mad
done

AAAAAAAAAAAA??? The meme about Tellius never being released is invalid now...
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Edible

Re: Fire Emblem Heroes: (ed. NOT) Still Waiting for Tellius
« Reply #163 on: April 25, 2017, 12:39:36 PM »
I'm a little sad there's no Laguz this banner, but Ike/Mist/Soren/Titania is pretty solid for fans of PoR.

Unsurprisingly, giving Distant Counter to Ike instantly makes him a top tier unit.  Looks like he gets a pretty amazing unique A skill too (can give 2 ranks of special charge per attack).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #164 on: April 25, 2017, 01:48:40 PM »
I read the Youtube comment from GameExplain's channel showing the PoR crew trailer oh boy people going crazy and bitching is fun, I might roll though, but I have to save my money.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #165 on: April 25, 2017, 03:14:31 PM »
Wow, I forgot just how unplayably dumpster-tier FRobin is. Leveling her is awful. Does she need more experience than other characters or something? Mine is level 35 and I cleared an entire level 40 training tower floor with her (which I'm sure you know is not easy or common) and she got maybe 30% of the way to level 36...

Edible

« Reply #166 on: April 25, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »
Oh yeah.  Just in case anyone forgot in this midst of the Tellius banner news, Xander is the next GHB and he also has distant counter baked into his weapon.  And after that is Camus who also gets distant counter and Goad Cavalry.  Shit's bananas.

Conqueror

« Reply #167 on: April 25, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »
You probably don't need her to 40 to finish her quests depending on the strat you use. Especially as she's ranged.

Can't wait till we get a distant counter counter to counter all these counters.

Edible

« Reply #168 on: April 25, 2017, 05:05:25 PM »
When everyone has distant counter, the only thing that matters is one-shotting everyone ;_;

GLASS CANNON TEAMS, MOVE OUT

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #169 on: April 26, 2017, 12:51:07 AM »
Oh yeah.  Just in case anyone forgot in this midst of the Tellius banner news, Xander is the next GHB and he also has distant counter baked into his weapon.  And after that is Camus who also gets distant counter and Goad Cavalry.  Shit's bananas.
horse emblem \o/

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #170 on: April 26, 2017, 01:03:15 AM »
You probably don't need her to 40 to finish her quests depending on the strat you use. Especially as she's ranged.

Oh right, good point. I didn't really look that closely at the quests and just kind of filled in the blanks that "Defeat level 40 Navarre with Robin" was a quest and it totally isn't. Yeah, level 35 is more than enough to finish off the hard-mode Navarre.

Conqueror

« Reply #171 on: April 26, 2017, 01:11:34 AM »
You can actually even defeat the story mode Navarre on normal and it counts since there's no level restriction. I think it's 5-1?

Thank god because otherwise WTA would be a pain.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #172 on: April 26, 2017, 01:16:47 AM »
Ha ha fair enough, I forgot he was in the main campaign but obviously he is. Now KOing a level 35 Robin with mine is the only major thing left to do and may be a little tricky, but I think I can probably figure something out.

Conqueror

« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2017, 08:06:21 AM »
Sniped Ike and Titania in the same roll at around 5.5% pity rate. I hope Micaiah doesn't come any time soon.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2017, 08:17:51 AM »
The new survival maps are pretty interesting. I can see myself using bulky healers like azama, who comes with pain, or even sakura on the res side since she has fear. Sucks it's only limited to story maps still.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2017, 10:08:50 AM »
Rolled Soren am mad

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2017, 02:21:12 PM »
OH GOD XANDER GONNA BE LIKE RYOMA THEN... and tbh I played as someone's Ryoma main... so IMMA ENJOY GETTING KARMA'D.

I'm praying Xander doesn't have Vantage... along with that counter or Imma cry.

-goes to curl up in a corner and cry-

=====
Edit-

Started to roll with a little bit of orbs: 4* Clair, dupe 4* Robin, dupe 4* Saizo, dupe 4* Clarine.

Last 20 orb roll:  dupe 4* Hawkeye, 5* Minerva (because RNG is a dick also this completes the Macedon sibling set), dupe 3* Odin/Owen, dupe 3* Gaius, and dupe 3* Draug.

Ugh I wanted Ike so I could have a counter against Xander, but RNG is being mean and I'm saving money.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:35:54 PM by MewMewHeart »

Edible

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »

Uh, that works, I guess.  Unfortunately I'm out of orbs again.

Mеа

• catnapping
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2017, 09:32:06 PM »
As much as he's kinda useless, I have to say I'm really impressed with how beautifully rendered navarre's black flower/cloud patterns on his clothes are.
Even if it does look a little like dried paint.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:33:45 PM by Mеа »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2017, 11:10:03 PM »
Survival maps are interesting, especially with an extra couple of quest conditions thrown in. I can see this being a thing for sure. They're maps where just bringing a Fury beatsticks and a dancer isn't a viable strategy, which is great. Shaking things up is good.