Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115510 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
666 million HP?

Pft.

So, if you have to make compromises to your durability to increase your attack, go for it. Take whatever glass cannon lead you have, pack some spare delays for Hades or whatnot, and use all the spare turns you get from the enemies' 3 and 2 turn timers.

Kinda feels like classic PAD in that regard, using Sakuya or Ra against regular old Satan.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 01:27:44 PM by The Greatest Dog »

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
This was my solution.
Managed to land turn 1 a board I could 0 combo with and then turn into 10 combo for that sweet sweet oneshot.

commandercool

• alter cool
Take whatever glass cannon lead you have, pack some spare delays for Hades or whatnot, and use all the spare turns you get from the enemies' 3 and 2 turn timers.

Busted out the Sacchi bros for the first time in a while and oops I instantly died on turn zero.

Well, back to the drawing board! It's blue so I'm sure I can find a team configuration with more HP. Does anyone happen to have a Reincarnated Sacchis I can use for this? I have a nice friend one but they're not a best friend so I can't re-attempt very often.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Execution is going to be a thing because my skill is basically nonexistent, but finally Hermes stopped being a punk and got the right Super Awakening.

Valten, I'm coming for you soon!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

commandercool

• alter cool
Alright, so with the help of FF's Sachis I have a team that can technically get to Satan (there are quite a few close shaves that leave me at 1000 HP and quite a few barely-kills, which makes stalling very difficult) and technically hit him with a 4,096x multiplier... But I don't have a Wild Wind so I can't actually damage him, and the combo setup is very RNG-based since the Sachi max modifier is pretty demanding.

If someone who has Sachis and Wild Wind wants to try to do this some time this weekend I think we could clear it easily. Not that there's much of a point in doing that, since the rewards are basically nothing, but it might be fun.

Jq1790

Where are you using Wild Wind?  I hope it isn't for Satan Void himself who has a void shield and not an absorb.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
You have two options for Satan Void - if you make exactly zero combos on the opening turn, he won't put up the 40 million damage shield but will instead skill delay you by 99 turns. (He'll also erase any buffs you have)

The other involves fighting him with that gross 40 million damage void and I don't actually know if there's a good way to fight him normally.

If you have a way to set up your board without making any combos, you could probably go for a OHKO. With the "bare" minimum of 12 water orbs (four combos), wood, light, and dark matches, my Bros alone deal 60 million damage.

That ends up being effectively 400,000,000 from them alone factoring devil killer latents and if you use their Kiri assist to turn Satan into a fire enemy.

Charging the assist might be difficult, though. If you're hella cheeky, Mythril Edge can give some breathing room exclusively on the first floor, halving damage taken and quashing your damage output. Horrible HP, though.

Revo Karin is probably the best candidate for using any spare Devil Killer latents, if you have them. After limit breaking and using the 7c Super Awakening, she does 170,000,000 damage -before- latents or Kiri.
(Scratch that, Blue Ney can also use devil killer latents and I'm 99% certain you have one, heh.)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 07:52:16 AM by The Greatest Dog »

commandercool

• alter cool
I always forget about the distinction between "shield" and "absorb". Ugh.

Wait, is that seriously how he works? He gives you a choice but one of the options secretly makes him invincible and the other doesn't? Ugh... I should have expected no less from the Prince Of Lies I suppose.

I'm awful at setting up boards for next turn, that's a skill I have never developed, but I'll have to give it a shot tonight. That might not be TOO hard. Hopefully.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
I wouldn't say he's exactly invincible, after all he doesn't delay you if you pick the time delay so you can pop a VDP-enabling active and murder via full activation of your chosen team. It's a bit of extra work, though, with the only Devil Killer VDPs being Pixel Kyo Kusanagi and Pixel Cloud, so you'd either have to go with those, latents, or 7c via Vney or Yusuke.

commandercool

• alter cool
Oh is there something that gets around damage void? I did not even know that. Fair enough.

Jq1790

Pixels were the first to defeat Damage Void shields with the Awakening, but some others can get them as Super Awakenings now.  I got one on Hermes for eventual attempts at Valten for example(no good for your Sachibros plan, but just as an example).

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
The amount of VDP being thrown around as Super Awakenings is kinda cool. Ares, Hermes, Artemis, Apollo, and Persephone, the Ripper Dragons (Tornado Holy Dragon, etc), the Cosmic Annihilation trio (Azathoth, etc).

A few of them are more useful (Apollo and Tornado Holy Dragon being Healer typed means they can pick up Dragon Killers for Yog-Sothoth in Arena 3) but it's still much better than Lightning and Cloud being the only viable VDPs.

commandercool

• alter cool
I have Persephone, I could try using her. Next time I get the chance to really sit down and focus on PAD I may try that.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Oh right, I had forgotten the super awakening ones. I have a pocket Sheena and Revo Artemis for those too.

commandercool

• alter cool
I can't seem to find anything that fits on the team and can get a Void Piercer. Haven't been able to get the whole "set up the board and then KO him the turn he rewinds all my skills" thing to work, I keep fucking it up. That is not a skill I have apparently.

Jq1790

Ccool(and Matsy, if still watching this thread though IIRC you'd abandoned the game), check it.

https://twitter.com/pad_sexy/status/1000693932240453633
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 01:53:55 AM by Jq1790 »

commandercool

• alter cool
I was just coming over here to post that myself. That's rad!

Jq1790

One of my other friends is also pretty stoked about this, and the idea intrigues me at the very least due to having played a tiny bit of MtG myself (though never having bought my own cards or anything)

commandercool

• alter cool
For what it's worth, the revealed characters are:

-Nicol Bolas, arguably the main villain. He's a scheming ancient dragon wizard and will definitely be black/red or black/blue. In Magic he's all three (black, red, and blue) so I imagine he'll be Chinese-like, probably with a three-color board change and leader skill activation.

-Chandra Nalaar, one of the main heroes. She's a fire mage and has basically no other traits or aspects. She'll definitely be red, will probably make red, and will probably need a lot of red.

-The Skyship Weatherlight, which is a flying boat. It will be white and probably will have a rainbow leader skill and/or active. It might be an equipment.

Honestly more than anything else I'm really curious to see what the filler enemies in the dungeon are going to be...

Jq1790

Anyone got a dub-rubylit?  I'm missing one to make Pyroguard Sonia since I got the itch to do so and ran outta stamina and pal points to fish for more.  (I have a trade up already if anyone is able to/wants to assist in this)

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
If you haven't already I'd be happy to (it's really this guy right?) but I have no idea how trades work
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Jq1790

I got one from cooping the TWThF Dungeon stage with someone a little later but thanks!

To trade:
-Friend tab>Trade>Select what you are GIVING>Pick an equal-raroty farmable whose sale price is 99 MP or less which you hace personally seen>Pay 100k coins and wait and pray, basically.

commandercool

• alter cool
FINALLY cleared Star Treasure Of The Night Sky just now. I don't really understand how the angels work, do they just have incredibly high defense or is there some other weird effect I don't understand going on? I used a Guard Break awakening against them and it didn't even scratch them. Does it count as a status?

I finally cracked white Metatron with Sonia Clea using sub-attribute attacks and Diena enhance (since Mercuria is, of course, the one Wisedragon I don't own).

This is probably a dumb question, but when Diena says "Dark attribute ATK x5 for 1 turn" does it literally mean dark damage is enhanced? I didn't notice before now that it's worded differently than say a Norse enhance ("Dark & Light attribute cards ATK x2 for 3 turns"). I expected Diena to enhance the blue damage dealt by all of my blue/black monsters but I guess it doesn't work that way? Woof. Need that Mercuria...

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
They have 20 million defense and 100 million HP. It's rather hard to take them down unless you have a dedicated God Killer or just a massive attack multiplier.

Attribute enhances only affect damage dealt through that color, yeah. It's a bit different from the old Greek leader skills that were like, "Fire and Light stats up" or whatnot, where they boosted off-color attacks, too.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
Maaaaaan, why is Fairlion so hard to get? I wanted to remake one of my Cottons to light form but so far I've taken more time trying to get one from Lifive's dungeon than to evolve Sonia Gran. :qq:

commandercool

• alter cool
I have a base form Fairliom, put up a trade request and I'll send it over if you still need it.

Jq1790

I had trouble with the Starry Night thing too.  Once I found out the angels had such astronomical defense I brought in Ishtar for my Sonia Fio team and (after grinding her skill back up because I got a terrible first Fio board) just let her take care of that for me (I forgot I own Balboa whoops) and the rest of the team finished the job.

The fact that the Metatrons have no status shields is a massive blessing.

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
I have a base form Fairliom, put up a trade request and I'll send it over if you still need it.
My hero ;A;
I put up the trade, finally my Yusuke team will have no holdovers!

commandercool

• alter cool
I finally got a Void Damage Absorb effect when I pulled Lugh just now. That's gonna be handy~

Jq1790

My GF rolls were garbage(dupe Wukong from the freebie which I suppose is good because I could make his Awoken/Reincarnated form I guess...?

One normal roll after I gathered the stones for it gave me Creuse dupe #...4 I think?  3-5 I believe.

Either way that's 3-5 more Creuse pulls than anyone wants or needs.  Stupid Dark Souls knights.

I did trade for Uruka before PAD Academy went away so I suppose that's something anyway, though she's ATTRIBUTE absorb instead of DAMAGE like her normal form from the Heroine REM is so the usefulness is more limited. 

More importantly though, Uruka is cute and that's what matters!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 04:52:12 AM by Jq1790 »