Author Topic: Sakura and Dragons Thread 33 - But it's not like we'll ever get her in NA, so.  (Read 115353 times)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Well. I made it through floor six using only Fenrir as a leader, but I fear the sheer absurdity of everything in seven and beyond might have me stoning if I want to get my shining snake.

Not a good feeling.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
It's also a OSC prize later I think, if you can hold out for that.  Probably less obnoxious than whatever crap they are probably throwing at you presently.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

These dungeons are pretty bonkers, spent 3 stones total to make it to white snek two for zues one for Loki. If I can kill him I think three is a pretty good price to pay.

Jq1790

I hope you like making perfect boards.

Jormungandr-Ur(or whatever he's supposed to be called I forget) tasks you with increasingly difficult combo shields up until the very final one which is a 10-to-hit and it IIRC makes the board exactly 6 each of RGBLD, which you must match all of to not die.

I hope you like making perfect boards.

Jormungandr-Ur(or whatever he's supposed to be called I forget) tasks you with increasingly difficult combo shields up until the very final one which is a 10-to-hit and it IIRC makes the board exactly 6 each of RGBLD, which you must match all of to not die.
I made it to the last round a couple times but 8 seconds was not enough time for me to panic and then make only like 7 or 8 combos. The website that lets you make the board has been pretty helpful in making the boards and I really recommend using it if you make it to floor 10

MatsuriSakuragi

Spent a handful of stones getting through these but I have no idea how I'm going to get through 9. 200,000,000 HP on loki is just obscene.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
You can chain delay Loki and have all the time in the world to melt his HP. Eating one big hit every 4 turns is doable for Athena, I think?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
As long as you don't get hit by Chain Crunch or Dead Judgement, a DAthena team should be able to survive those attacks due to Loki's annoying 2x damage after getting statused. The other thing that does worry me a lot is Thor whacking you for just about that much just for having Loki yourself :ohdear:

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
The other thing that does worry me a lot is Thor whacking you for just about that much just for having Loki yourself :ohdear:

Family Issues :v

Jq1790

Wow he halves your RCV under 75% too?  That's just rude.  Wonder if RCV boosts overwrite it like most stat modifiers (time delay vs time extend, etc)?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot

Fuck this.

You did your best, Romia.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

A new friend was made.

commandercool

• alter cool
So I was in a hotel yesterday with five other people who play PAD. Four of them pulled a Monster Hunter 7* within three pulls. In fact, all four of them pulled the SAME Monster Hunter 7* within three pulls, the blue one.

The Monster Hunter collab is really interesting. The cards are interesting, the way it's structured is interesting, and the dungeon mechanics and aesthetics are interesting. I don't care even a little about Monster Hunter, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the collab.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

commandercool

• alter cool
Oh fuck oh fuck I missed that Awoken Gabriel came out! Fortunately I had everything to make him on hand.

He's weird. Damage is absolutely ludicrous (large multiplier+rows+combo boost=damage) but he has the same basic problems ye olde HP leads had. He can definitely get caught in a loop pf getting knocked down to low HP over and over, although at least his active can dig him out of it.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Awoken Gabriel is basically his own Beyzul, huh?

I suppose with enough damage, anything is possible...

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean... Pretty much, yeah? Except way less flexible of course.

I can't imagine that he's good, really. No particular  survivability tools (heals don't count when your HP is that mediocre) and no way of mitigating resolve or absorbs is a pretty bad deal. He seems extremely good against stuff that's already pretty easy to deal with, which is worth something but not a ton. I think. Definitely going to play him more and experiment.

MatsuriSakuragi

Final Fantasy pixel ults seem cool.

New GFEs are cute but those multipliers are just stupid as hell. Takamimusubi can do 400x but with no stat boosts, Kamimusubi (while insanely cute), can do 306.25x EASILY WITH DAMAGE REDUCTION just by being above 80% HP and matching wood and dark

what the fuck gh

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Takamimusubi basically doesn't have an active skill you'll ever use though. I think I would prefer to use Awoken Raphael (or Fenrir), if given the choice.

The other girl looks interesting. More units with follow up attacks is cool I guess.

MatsuriSakuragi

To be more accurate, I don't like Takamimusubi. We're in a meta where the game punishes you for hitting too hard and not having HP/RCV boosts. She's gonna crash and burn against resolve/damage drains because her leader skill seems so touchy.

Kamimusubi at least has the defense to help her along and a little more damage control, I feel.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to decide what to involve my Monster Hunters into. They're all so narrow in their usefulness.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Got the girl hunter (is it random?) so I was planning on suiting her up in the narga cat gear. Currently I'm using shiva for dealing with those random predra floor descends so girl narga would actually be not completely out of place in the dathena team.

The rest seem yeah, eh
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
My understanding is that you get one free Man and one Woman fpr beating the challenge mission on the dungeon.

Blue seems like the way to go on the man unless you like the red one's leader skill, and yeah, I think black may be best for the woman.

MatsuriSakuragi

You should get a free hunter right away and another free one for finishing the 4 or less unit Monster Hunter dungeon, as far as I know? I got both and never had to buy or pay for anything.

And yeah, I was leaning Narga on female hunter, though I really like Kirin on her too-- it's just that it's completely useless for me because I will never have a full Monster Hunter team.

You can break down all three of each unit's evos, on a leadership basis at least as "only good with a full team of MH units", "only good in multiplayer", or "huge burst but limited usefulness".

So mostly, they're subs or inherit fodder, the more I think about them. I'm probably going to go Narga on female as she seems like the one most useful for my teams, and Mizutsune on male because that art is just gorgeous and... that's about it, really.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
That said, Mizutsune Hunter's value isn't to be understated. 1.5x to all stats regardless of typing or attribute? Scaling up to another x9 attack depending on combos (in a very 7c meta right now!)?

It seems like a stable choice for anyone hoping to dive into 3 player stuff, and so on.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Hm well it is indeed sitting in my box, the man, glad I got rid of almost all my non narga materials yesterday

e: oh, and looks like my oldest mails are going to expire in about a month, should peruse through those sometime
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 09:54:56 AM by Mеа »
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Eyyy, Nohime get. Finally something new to play with.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
I got an egg.

commandercool

• alter cool
So how do the alt challenge dungeons work exactly? Do you have to beat them in 24 hours after opening them? Can they be completed months from now and still pay out as long as they're not opened? How doable are they?

Jq1790

Pretty sure you have to beat em during the challenge period to get the bonus.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
That said, Mizutsune Hunter's value isn't to be understated. 1.5x to all stats regardless of typing or attribute? Scaling up to another x9 attack depending on combos (in a very 7c meta right now!)?

It seems like a stable choice for anyone hoping to dive into 3 player stuff, and so on.
Mizutsune is so op in 3p you pretty much only see him and yog users really (and the occasional ra dragon user that has been living under a rock or something)

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
Though I dislike how EVERYBODY seems to have Mizutsune Hunter. Even this one guy I cooped with who brought Glavenus as a sub but refused to acknowledge that he could instantly gib Hinokagutsuchi using the five heart orbs I repeatedly set up for him.

It's like 7 combo Ascooby Doobis or 4 combo Dathena.