Author Topic: Do you have an obession with any Touhou characters?  (Read 13429 times)

Do you have an obession with any Touhou characters?
« on: March 21, 2017, 11:56:42 PM »
I am well... I have a deep obsession with Sanae Kochiya, my no.1 favorite character in the entire series. I find her ability to cause miracles and wind powers is pretty rad and shes somewhat of a geek making references to popular culture, and the fact she is originally from the outside world. Plus her backstory is very interesting, I love her theme too and her green hair is really beautiful too.

So do you have an obession with any of the Touhou characters? If so, why?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 12:21:45 AM by Xeno »

Re: Do you have an obession with any Touhou characters?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 01:29:28 AM »
Yes, I have an obsession with Sakuya, hee hee.  :)
She's so mysterious, beautiful, tall, elegant, and graceful, and there is no other character quite like her.
I'm so obsessed with her that I wish that I would be able to ask ZUN himself about her character,  but the thing is I might not be able to understand and translate the Japanese quite well. *sighhhhh*

Drake

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:16:14 AM »
definitely not

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:20:24 AM »
Youmoo and Yuyuko. Love Those Dead Girls!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:47:09 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 02:09:42 PM »
I had obsessions with Kosuzu and Yorihime...
The former because I found her hair bell accessory and being ditzy rather cute. The latter because I was awed by how in SSIB, she chose not to outmuscle all her opponent, but outsmart them instead. (people these days focus so much on raw combat powers that they consider any fights won by strategic thinking to be a case of the winner being overpowered. Screw these people!)

Might be embarrassing to say this, but I've also have recently grown obsessed with Reimu's ribbon...yes, Reimu's ribbon, because it kind of resembled cat ears to me. Lately, I've been even fantasizing about stroking her ribbon...  :blush:
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 10:43:07 PM »
My obsession with Yuyuko is more towards her personality rather than physical traits.

Ever since I first encountered her on PCB final stage, I was awed by her unique style. How could the final boss be such a sweet looking and always smiling girl. Once Border of Life started I was even more amazed: A godworthy theme for, again, an innocent looking character.

What shocks me even more is her goal on PCB; she doesn't care about power. She doesn't want domination. All she wants is - in contrast to her curse-natured ability - to give life to someone.

She rarely is affected by others; never flinching when people say mean or annoying things. It's incredible how she always maintain her composure - a calm and collected and at the same time happy and playful. A welcome change from the classical calm, collected, silent and neutral type (such as Yukari).

Don't even get me started on her power, that apparently she never uses. To have such an omnipotent power and to never urge to use it. Far from it, being this power the sole reason she took her life (If I'm not mistaken; maybe Saigyou Ayakashi had something to do with this too). That's quite impressive.

I could go on forever rambling about her epicness. The irony is that while Yuyuko Saigyouji does not care about power, this makes her one, if not the most powerful character in Touhou Project.

Her personality is one of my personal inspirations in life.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 06:10:41 PM »
I used to be obsessed with Kirisame Marisa as a boss of Imperishable Night. It was purely because I was very bad at Touhou or shmups in general. Imperishable Night being my first game, Marisa's normal attacks pissed me off major every single time. Absolutely 0 connection to the canon or fanon material at that time. I wasn't even a member of a touhou community.

Nowadays no obsessions.

Teewee

• In the forest, lazing around...
  • ...building nothing but clay castles.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 09:50:29 PM »
Used to be obsessed with Tenshi, since I have a thing for long, blue hair :v Long gone by now, though.

nav'

• nothing to see here
  • definitely not a Ditto
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 08:57:51 AM »
Other than Patchouli, whose bookwormish, apathetic and frail characteristics I fully share, it was all gameplay related too. Most notably Eirin, whose stage I pointlessly tried to NMNB on Normal for a long while before sensibly giving up and switching to occasional Easy scoring. She's still a nice character though, as is her theme.

Youmoo and Yuyuko. Love Those Dead Girls!
Can you please not call fully grown women "girls"?
Рабинович глядит на плакат ?Ленин умер, но дело его живет!?
? уж лучше бы о он жил!

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 11:14:33 AM »
I used to be obsessed with Seiga- I had a thing for blue hair.
Thankfully it has long since passed.

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 09:51:47 PM »
Can you please not call fully grown women "girls"?
I was being tongue in cheek when I called them "girls", and Youmu is anything but a fully grown woman, also Yuyuko's name in Japanese means "Ghostly Child", even if she isn't really a child, I think I'm justified in calling them girls in this context.

In most other contexts I'd call Yuyuko something else. I just think calling her Girl makes more sense here, since I'm referring to her in a affectionate way. Makes more sense than calling Sakuya and Ran (both fairly old women) "Girls" in a matter of fact way.

I really don't see why you have to feel the need to antagonize me like this but anything that makes you feel smarter I guess.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Drake

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2017, 04:01:55 AM »
See, when you said it before, the other person just apologized rather than make reaching defensive remarks, and they weren't even the ones against the diminutive usage of "girl". Just take your medicine bruh, it isn't about antagonizing you.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 11:27:09 AM »
Sorry, in my experience, when people copy and paste the exact words someone else said, but without any quotation marks, and in direct reply to that person, it's usually as an way to make fun of someone for what they said. That's why I assumed he was trying to antagonize me.

However, if that wasn't nav''s intention, and he was just trying to remind me of what I said earlier, then It was an overreaction on my part and I apologize.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 11:41:34 AM by the old guy »

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 11:52:12 PM »
I think most people will say I have an obsession with Alice Margatroid. I think love requires some amount of obsession though. My own judgement over if I'm obsessed or not will be clouded though so I don't know if I can really tell - I probably am though. I'm certainly obsessed with Touhou as a whole yes, but I don't think I'm full on stalker level with Alice. I mean, I love her but being obsessed could be considered beyond that - or that could be more than enough depending on your opinion.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2017, 08:18:15 PM »
Obsession? Well, my girlfriend certainly seems to have an obsession with Shikieiki.
So much so that...she's dragged me into cosplaying her. I'd show pics, but, I'm not too sure what thread to post them in...

Goomba98

• Touhou ga daisuki!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 08:32:17 PM »
I have a bit of an "obsession" with Tenshi (might make more sense to just say she's my favorite character), partly due to her importance in the amazing fan movie Diamond in the Rough, but also because her theme is my favorite, I like her character design (especially her hair and boots), and she has a very badass weapon (it's basically a shapeshifting lightsaber that can screw with the weather!). I also like her backstory (the Touhou Wiki doesn't appear to have it for some reason, but I believe it involves Tenshi wanting to go to heaven because her parents ascended and she didn't want them to leave her, but then she eventually got bored and started the plot of SWR, because as The Talking Heads said, heaven is a place where nothing ever happens).

Of course, I'm also "obsessed" with a few other characters, like Mokou. She's both literally and figuratively hot, and she knows the dangers of immortality.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 08:35:45 PM by Goomba98 »

Nim

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2017, 02:16:38 AM »
Medicine. Her attire is creative in my opinion.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 05:05:13 PM by Nim »

DeityDiz93

• Arahitogami of Contribution
  • Geez, Touhou and real life are set to hard mode...
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2017, 05:28:48 AM »
Since obsess would entail constant preoccupation of the mind with a character, then no, I wouldn't have an obsession with a Touhou character. At one point, I was obsessive with the Touhou Project series and its material itself when I getting deep into the series how awesome it was, that was when I had so much to explore about Touhou still, but I know a lot know, and while my love for the series hasn't waned, my obsessions is now more controlled.

When talking about characters I put a lot of thought towards; however, I do think quite a lot about some of ZUN's characters that are very unknown in terms of information and character. Characters like Rin Satsuki, for example, have me wondering about how this history of Touhou would be affected had she made it into the game, and how popular she might have been. Her concept in particular fascinates me, and makes me want to learn more about her, so she's the one I'd pick here even if I don't obsess about her or any Touhou character.

In another vein though, there is Touhou first five PC-98 games which house some nameless characters and midbosses we know next to nothing about aside from the danmaku they shoot and the features they have in design, even some characters don't get much to them at all even with a name behind them, like much of Touhou 1's cast. I can't wonder about this to an excessive extent due to the fact that there's very little to go on with things like this, but at the very least Touhou always has something nice for me to come back to, so the word I would use in this context as a whole is devotion because I'm certainly enthusiastic about this particular Touhou topic, and I'll be the first to admit I'm talkative about it.
I'm a decade-old Touhou Project fan. I heavily advocate for what's obscure and less popular in this series such as the PC-98 era, not-often-heard ZUN music, and the much of unpopular/unused characters.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2017, 12:02:56 AM »
Why yes, boob Komachi.
I'ts just so boob cool of her to be able to talk with dead people, im so jealous.
I really desire to dominate those boob ability of her.

Seriously though, i would pretend to be friendly with her no matter how shitty she is, just to be able to know what dead people are thinking. To the point where i would ask a favor from her to get information from dead people under the pretext of "friend". Any other soul ferryman will do for me, really. but Komachi have boob as bonus

off topic, the old guy tasting his own medicine hwahahahaha, mannn, that felt good

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2017, 02:29:01 AM »
boob

Dude, insult to me aside, that was gross.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2017, 03:24:19 AM »
boob

Dude, insult to me aside, that was gross.
You sound so rude, Humanity can't exist without women breasts. Every human child doesn't have rights over their own life, their life belong to the breasts. Every human should devote their life to protect the breasts.
Apologize to the breasts before you get karma,
I'm telling you just for the sake of virtual acquaintance.

by the way, i had no idea what you mean by insult, are you harassing me?

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2017, 07:00:25 AM »
I didn't mean to imply that i was grossed out by the existence of breasts. Breasts are perfectly fine. I just think its gross to openly talk about your fixation on Komachi's breasts.

And dude, you said this:

off topic, the old guy tasting his own medicine hwahahahaha, mannn, that felt good

How do you think i was going to react to this?

GenericArrangements

• The Monthly Ghost of the Art Atelier
  • i do the music thing (!?)
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2017, 08:40:39 AM »
boob
That's pretty direct lol.

Also personally I tend to fancy things that spin, and Hina Kagiyama is no exception (although not to an "obsessive" level, of course). I don't have a genuine obsession with any Touhou character, because I find it weird (not going to judge others though).
Please read my posts as if I'm not taking them too seriously.

i did a lunatic 1cc of MoF once and i'm happy enough with just that

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2017, 08:51:59 AM »
I didn't mean to imply that i was grossed out by the existence of breasts. Breasts are perfectly fine.
Oh sorry, i should have give it a more thought about the meaning behind your message. That was a misunderstanding and my fault, sorry.

I just think its gross to openly talk about your fixation on Komachi's breasts.
I know right?
You should've seen those shameless awesome gentlemen who uses their finely honed skills to openly expressing their fixation on Komachi's breasts through those graphical representation.
I mean, it's okay to give her a bit extra from standard, but they should at least cover them properly.
But calling them gross are a bit too mean, you should tone down on your mean attitude dude.

How do you think i was going to react to this?
dunno, "that old guy tasting his medicine made you feel good" ?

GenericArrangements

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2017, 09:35:44 AM »
You should've seen those shameless awesome gentlemen who uses their finely honed skills to openly expressing their fixation on Komachi's breasts through those graphical representation.
I mean, it's okay to give her a bit extra from standard, but they should at least cover them properly.
But calling them gross are a bit too mean, you should tone down on your mean attitude dude.
Uh, I think he was talking about your fixation, not others'. Also I think his comment was about how openly you stated it. We didn't need to hear that much.

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 10:00:23 AM »
Y'all need to chill.

GenericArrangements

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 10:17:23 AM »
Oops. I guess I do have to add "i'm actually super chill about this lol" in all of my posts in order to get my thoughts across (I mean this genuinely, because I don't usually take things very seriously at all).

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 10:51:55 AM »
I just think its gross to openly talk about your fixation on Komachi's breasts.
Just like literally any other opinion about a character, right?

Being grossed out by something like this is in poor taste.

On topic: I used to have a big obsession with Satori. I think my current obsession is Eternity Larva however. She's such an adorable butterfly fairy.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• GARDORABLE!
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2017, 05:52:56 AM »
Uh, I think he was talking about your fixation, not others'. Also I think his comment was about how openly you stated it. We didn't need to hear that much.
You lot have a funny way to process people message, by merely gauging with a word "boob", in what way that express a fixation that can be considered gross anyway.
Just because your own mind come to that conclusion doesn't mean the fanbase agree with it. Please try to reason again with your consciousness.
If that doesn't work please try to knock yourself unconscious and try again, that way perhaps aside from obtaining your seasoning you might even achieve your awakening.
Then again, what you people have been react ill to was a byproduct of an attentive behaviour that should be occurring naturally to every person since time immemorial. By scorning it you are denying humanity and it's everlasting heritage.
That's the first thing you guys assess wrong about me and the related matter.

Second, me befriending a soul ferryman are merely an obsession, a beneficial obsession to be exact, although just spiritually. And me prefer one with a bit more than adequate breast are just a case of "one bird for two stone", and a personally advantageous reasoning like that should be excluded from making your disagreeable assumptions.
Beside that, if we are talking about "that" kind of fixation, mine lies somewhere else along the lines of a rotating red-green thing. And aside from the graphical effect, that fixation also doesn't swing in a gross way i think.

And so, that judgement are unacceptable, please retract it.

Y'all need to chill.
Yeah, you tell them. Getting so worked up over a natural matter, those people really need to grow up.

Being grossed out by something like this is in poor taste.
You got them right there lads!

I think my current obsession is Eternity Larva however.
Doesn't she stinks though? i heard she stinks.

GenericArrangements

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2017, 06:31:20 AM »
You lot have a funny way to process people message, by merely gauging with a word "boob", in what way that express a fixation that can be considered gross anyway.
Just because your own mind come to that conclusion doesn't mean the fanbase agree with it. Please try to reason again with your consciousness.
If that doesn't work please try to knock yourself unconscious and try again, that way perhaps aside from obtaining your seasoning you might even achieve your awakening.
Then again, what you people have been react ill to was a byproduct of an attentive behaviour that should be occurring naturally to every person since time immemorial. By scorning it you are denying humanity and it's everlasting heritage.
That's the first thing you guys assess wrong about me and the related matter.

Second, me befriending a soul ferryman are merely an obsession, a beneficial obsession to be exact, although just spiritually. And me prefer one with a bit more than adequate breast are just a case of "one bird for two stone", and a personally advantageous reasoning like that should be excluded from making your disagreeable assumptions.
Beside that, if we are talking about "that" kind of fixation, mine lies somewhere else along the lines of a rotating red-green thing. And aside from the graphical effect, that fixation also doesn't swing in a gross way i think.

And so, that judgement are unacceptable, please retract it.
That's a strangely complex way of saying "I'm just liking what is normal to like and if you don't like that you should go knock yourself unconscious.", to which I could respond, but instead I'm not going to judge you or your opinion. My post only really meant to inform you that you missed a point that (I believe) was being made, not exactly to detail my own opinion (although I may have accidentally done that anyway). Sorry for any mild confusion.

Doesn't she stinks though? i heard she stinks.
Rude.

Beside that, if we are talking about "that" kind of fixation, mine lies somewhere else along the lines of a rotating red-green thing.
what