Author Topic: Touhou Genso Wanderer Gameplay Thread  (Read 18831 times)

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
Re: Touhou Genso Wanderer Gameplay Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2017, 06:19:38 AM »
Ah, I know! You will lose all items if you die in "Cannot bring item" dungeon, which first appears in Kasen's trial. Dunno if that also applies to using Return to Hakurei Jump.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 06:25:54 AM by Kageshirou »

nyttyn

• Drill baby drill!
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »
I've been loving the game up until the Seventh trial for Futo's little expansion, and I have to say that after a certain point  it just makes me want to break my vita in furstation for one simple reason:

Big Suikas and Tenshis do not require Line of Sight for their ranged attacks and will pelt you from several rooms away.

This makes it entirely possible to outright lose a room because you get held up, can't reach or find the Suika or Tenshi in time, and just get pelted to death. Now imagine this happening several floors in a row, causing you to completely run out of healing items, and then die with no chance.

Very frustrating. This is on top of the nonsense everyone else is capable of, but at least you can pelt them from afar or spend consumables on them. Since the Suika and Tenshi are in another room entirely, there's nothing you can do but try to rush to them and hope you reach them in time.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2017, 06:08:44 PM »
Big Suikas I hate much less because they don't spam as much and still seem to go after me, I believe. But Big Tenshis are a terrible monstrosity that makes me want to stock up on soaring drugs and even waste them on my partner, since they almost always die on a Big Tenshi floor...
Loving the Yuugis being capable of throwing each other at you, then throwing you after landing. Just inconvenient depending on where/what you land at.
Maybe range attack avoidance/deflection might do something, but I'm not even sure Tenshi's quake counts as ranged or not...

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #63 on: April 26, 2017, 05:32:48 PM »
Gotten to the cute, cuddly and adorable Bunnyland as well now. I do like the idea of several mini-dungeons so far, but from what I've read here, I'm bracing myself to some of them getting annoying.

I've got a question about Alchemy: Some of the ingredients in the list are weapons/armors with an exclamation mark in a red square in front of them. I have items of the same name, but these marked ones seem to count as completely different items. I wonder if I'm missing something. How do I get one of them?

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2017, 06:04:30 PM »
I'm seriously considering just using Momiji from now on since I like her abilities MUCH more than Reimu's...
Not sure what's meant off the top of my head since I've been away from it for a few days, but some items could evolve/rank up after being leveled high enough. Trying to create it and selecting it should bring up an extra text box saying what rank or level it has to be if it needs one. Ex: Many of the weapon recipes require a few basic lv 1 items and a single lv 10 one with an exclamation mark.

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #65 on: April 27, 2017, 09:49:12 PM »
Trying to create it and selecting it should bring up an extra text box saying what rank or level it has to be if it needs one. Ex: Many of the weapon recipes require a few basic lv 1 items and a single lv 10 one with an exclamation mark.

Ah, I get it now and also found where to check for those conditions. Thanks!
Good thing there are partners to level up these crummy items with. Would be annoying if I had to put them on Reimu.