Author Topic: New Windows 10 DX8 to DX9 converter, needs testing. Fixes IaMP blurry sprites.  (Read 4953 times)

Edit: I added the new DX8 to DX9 converter to TouhouWiki. Let me know if there are any issues.

A known issue with the DX8 to DX9 converter currently on TouhouWiki is that the sprites in Touhou 7.5 are blurry and awful.
I did some browsing around and found an alternate DX8 to DX9 converter by AnKor, which fixes the sprites in 7.5.

Previous converter:

AnKor's converter:

Before I put this alternative converter on TouhouWiki, I'd like to make sure it doesn't break anything. I briefly tested Touhou 6 and Touhou 7.5; can others help me test AnKor's converter and make sure nothing is broken compared to the other converter?

Download Link went down, see next post.
Source (January 1st version)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 05:02:25 PM by shockdude »
Playing Touhou since 18 March 2012. Playing video games since 19XX.
Normal 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS, CtC.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.
Hard 1CC: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, CtC.
Lunatic 1CC: EoSD

Welp, the original download link disappeared.
Attaching AnKor's converter here temporarily. Will consider how to upload it properly down the road.
Extra 1CC: EoSD, PCB+Phantasm, IN, PoFV (K&S), MoF, SA, TD, HSiFS, CtC+Phantasm.

Added the new DX8 to DX9 converter to TouhouWiki. Let me know if there are any issues.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
Hosting Time: Unlimited (unless file is not downloaded for 100 days)

That's a problem. MEGA is a better option.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

That's a problem. MEGA is a better option.
MEGA and Mediafire are more reliable, sure, but I didn't want to make a file hosting account for a <1MB file. Also,
379 downloads in 10 days
it'll probably be fine imo.

so I noticed that AnKor's converter sometimes causes the main menu background to not load and be totally black. Welp.
Reverted to ENBDev's converter. AnKor's converter is still available for IaMP.