Author Topic: Any Sakuya Izayoi thoughts, theories, etc.?  (Read 13600 times)

Re: Any Sakuya Izayoi thoughts, theories, etc.?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2017, 06:16:17 AM »
Truth

Fuck. That theories BS then.

I guess the only theory that makes sense now is that she was an Vampire Hunter who was brainwashed into being Reimila's slave. Wow, thats really fucking dark.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2017, 06:26:38 AM »
Why would she have to be brainwashed? Perhaps she didn't find Remilia to be worth killing, and questioned the whole slayer idea? Perhaps she was defeated and Remilia required her service to spare her? Perhaps Sakuya was just some kid from the village that was brave enough to approach SDM back in the pre-spellcard days and got hired?

Like, just because that one theory is busted doesn't mean it can only be a particular other one. Simply put, we don't really know much about what happened.

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2017, 06:57:37 AM »
Why would she have to be brainwashed? Perhaps she didn't find Remilia to be worth killing, and questioned the whole slayer idea?
Why would she NOT kill Remilia? She fucking eats humans!

Perhaps she was defeated and Remilia required her service to spare her?
So instead of brainwashing, she forced her to become her slave on threat of death? How is that much better than brainwashing? Now, i will admit that i jumped to conclusions on the brainwashing idea. But i really can't think of anything much better.

Perhaps Sakuya was just some kid from the village that was brave enough to approach SDM back in the pre-spellcard days and got hired?
So far this is the only theory i actually like, instead of Remilia being a fucked up slaver, Sakuya was an fucked up creepy little kid who doesn't mind killing humans to feed some annoying rich kid. That wouldn't surprise me, considering its Gensokyo.

Although, Meiling and Sakuya being the same person in a Tyler Duren kind of situation does have some merit, now that i think about it. Has anyone ever seen them in the same room?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:03:42 AM by the old guy »
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 07:23:04 AM »
Why would she NOT kill Remilia? She fucking eats humans!

Who says Sakuya valued life like that? I mean, pro-death penalty people exist.

So instead of brainwashing, she forced her to become her slave on threat of death? How is that much better than brainwashing? Now, i will admit that i jumped to conclusions on the brainwashing idea. But i really can't think of anything much better.

Have you never heard of a debt of honor?

You're just kind of reacting without considering, from what I'm gathering here. Take a breath, mull over possibilities. There's quite a few once you unshackle yourself from presumptions outside of what we know for a fact; which is very little indeed.

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 06:49:50 PM »
I'm a personal believer in the whole vampire hunter theory, but a slight deviation from what most people believe. What if Sakuya herself wasn't a vampire hunter, but her parents were. When they tried to fight Remilia they were killed, (Or maybe Remilia hunted and killed them.) Sakuya, being a young child (or perhaps even a baby) Remilia took an interest in her and decided in an ironic twist of fate to bring her in and have her work as her personal maid. This would explain why Sakuya doesn't remember her life before the Scarlet Devil mansion, and why Remilia decided to ultimately name her Sakuya.

I do like the idea of Sakuya originally coming from the moon, but I feel that theory has a good amount of evidence against it. Though it would be pretty neat if it were true.

Or maybe Sakuya is working under Remilia so Remi can change her fate so no one finds out she's using pads.
Spoiler:
*Knifed* Old joke is old
Uwaaaa~

Drake

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 10:37:25 PM »
One big problem I have with people exploring the idea of Sakuya being a vampire hunter, or similar theories, is that very few people actually give any reasons as to why Sakuya would feel so connected to Remilia at all. She goes to kill Remilia, fails and she spares her to instead have Sakuya serve her? What, is she supposed to be stupid? The whole killing her parents thing above also suffers from similar problems. You'd think that even if young, Sakuya would just loathe Remilia. Such a thing makes little sense. Even molding her from infancy, concealing that truth goes beyond just mean-spirited, it's truly pretty terrible.

I guess my point is that these theories tend to start from a point of extreme antagonism and then result in an extremely bonded relationship for literally no reason besides maybe handwaving "manipulation of fate lol". They should be convincing that Sakuya would actually want to spend her life serving Remilia, and also probably Remilia respecting Sakuya at least on some level.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:34:26 PM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2017, 11:46:43 PM »
I as a man, stand firm to my believe belief, Sakuya is Eirin child
Did you see Sakuya braid? that means she's generation 2
Did you see Eirin braid? that means shes generation 1
Length of the braid indicates age, that means, Sakuya are not fully human
That tells you

And Orin is Meiling older sister
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:49:06 PM by MANoBadAssGar »

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2017, 01:13:34 AM »
I'm pretty sure we'll always end with speculations in term of Sakuya's case. The mystery behind her feels like it's part of the character's identity. I wasn't aware of Akyuu's speculation that she could be a homunculus but I sort of like the idea as it could be related to Remilia and Patchouli who knew each other before. There's various reasons why Sakuya could be created and if that happened to be the case, I can't help but imagine it would be something silly or mundane.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2017, 02:27:01 AM »
i personally belive in the serial killer theory, just because to the names of some of her spellcards and that the first explanation to come to her mind about the increase of ghost in her conversation with Eiki was mass murder.

MANoBadAssGar Jr.

• look at dat pose, look at dat face
  • GARDORABLE!
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2017, 04:27:51 AM »
The mystery behind her feels like it's part of the character
That. No need to destroy it, in my opinion.

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2017, 11:22:46 AM »
While I personally still believe the lunarian theory, I think if Sakuya was was a vampire hunter then Remilia would've gained her respect rather than any brainwshing or regrets. It seems to be a big part of their relationship that Sakuya has a huge amount of respect for Remilia - to the point that she doesn't even accept pay. Her loyalty clearly comes from respect rather than any deal or manipulation. It's clear that Sakuya serves Remilia because she wants to.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Lt Streko

• Gates of Yukari
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2017, 06:29:47 PM »
One big problem I have with people exploring the idea of Sakuya being a vampire hunter, or similar theories, is that very few people actually give any reasons as to why Sakuya would feel so connected to Remilia at all. She goes to kill Remilia, fails and she spares her to instead have Sakuya serve her? What, is she supposed to be stupid? The whole killing her parents thing above also suffers from similar problems. You'd think that even if young, Sakuya would just loathe Remilia. Such a thing makes little sense. Even molding her from infancy, concealing that truth goes beyond just mean-spirited, it's truly pretty terrible.

This is a very fair point, however, I had imagined Sakuya's parents as less respectable, potentially horrible people that were killing what they perceived as 'monsters' indiscriminately. Or they could have just been awful parents who constantly neglected or maybe abused Sakuya. When Remilia killed her parents, she felt pity for this child who was then left all alone, so she took her in. In a sense, Remilia saved Sakuya from her parents.
Uwaaaa~

Drake

« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2017, 01:41:01 AM »
That is what I assumed your intention was (potential abuse, forcing her into their lifestyle, etc). I wasn't trying to say that your specific idea was bad, especially since you had barely described it, but that it evokes the same theme I have a problem with where it starts with antagonism and ambiguously turns into reverence for (potentially) no good reason. It's something you see in a lot of Sakuya origin stories.

That being said, even that idea still needs some fleshing out to succeed. Thank you miss vampire for getting rid of my horrible parents, and then she raises her, I guess? That's probably more along the lines of what I'd go for in such a plot, but it still feels fairly shallow.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 01:42:43 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2017, 03:31:51 PM »
Sakuya is a cool maid. You know, throwing knives and stopping time. I have a theory, she is originally a child that is lost near the Scarlet Devil Mansion. Maybe, Remilia Scarlet took her in and put her as a maid.

But that is just my theory, she is a cool and nice maid

Bear with me, I'm new here.

Rin Satsuki

• Personification of a mythical creature.
  • "I'm not going to be forgotten that easily"
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2017, 12:03:36 AM »
The vampire hunter theory always sticks in my head. Add here Castlevania reference.
Sakuya Belmont *Shot*

I highly doubt that Sakuya, or whichever was her name before, decided to work for Remilia at will... unless there's an outside factor that any of us know.
I love this maid. So mysterious~.

« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:23 PM »
About the SDM and the Vampire Hunter theory i do think sometimes it works this way:

During Medieval Age/Renaissance Age Europe:
> Vampires are being hunted in all Europe.
> "Sakuya's" parents (and clan) fought Remilia and Flandre's parents, believing they could attain at least mutual destruction.
> Due inespecific circunstances, some vampire hunters are born with special abilities/strange powers: the girl that will be known one day as "Sakuya" is one of them.
> "Sakuya's" parents/clan failed and got destroyed as result. Only one of the "Scarlet family" got killed. The children were unharmed. One got severely injured, but it is still alive.
> Without parents and clan, the girl, still at young age and without proper training, put her life at stake and tried to take revenge. And lost. The surviving Scarlet lord/lady took interest in the girl due her rare power, rare even among vampires and offered a chance to finally kill him/her, since he/she at the verge of death (harm caused at the battle against the vampire hunters) - the mercy stroke. The offer came with conditions: she would take care of the two girls and prevent them from going berserk (since this could endanger her lives). Without parents and resources and purpose, this was a nice offer.
> Sakuya's name and memories:
----- It could be easier for her to live without past memories. A geas was used.
----- Even if she doesn't remember, the "Izayoi" of her name is related to the night she appeared and fought the remaining lord/lady of the castle: the sixteenth night after the battle.
> Before finally dying, the old lord/lady told about an acquainted scholar that was researching about "a land in the east where a multitude of creatures, men and monsters live": that could ensure a "healthy life" for their vampire children.

Going east:

> While searching for the scholar, a.k.a Patchouli Knowledge, to feed the girls, Sakuya had to commit crimes, so they couldn't stay for much time in the same place (maybe Remilia has the power to move the castle, as its owner. Something like Arcueid and her Marble Phantasm Brunestud Castle).
> The scholar is found.
> With the scholar's help Flandre is sealed within the castle: her powers are dangerous. And they do not a little girl whining and destroying everything. Since she's inside a sealed place, she's transported with the castle from place to place.
> Patchouli discovers that they must travel the sea and search for an island. Meiling is found in a little village in what we know as China. Thanks to her origin, she's a victim of their neighbors. With one more person living inside the castle (Patchouli), "Sakuya" needs help. The girl, about the same age as Sakuya starts travelling with them as the gatekeeper.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:26:58 PM by Eiki Shiki »

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2017, 03:26:33 AM »
Also, Sakuya has similar braids to Sagume. Coincidence? I think not!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2017, 09:23:14 AM »
Also to Meiling and Marisa.

This hole goes deep.