Author Topic: Sumireko Quest  (Read 55106 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Re: Sumireko Quest
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 03:25:18 AM »
> Ponder if those numbers are some kind of encoded message... and that Kourin conveniently has a decoder.
> "... And how have been things here lately?"
> We don't acknowledge Mokou as our friend?

>You ponder about the numbers "89006". You get the feeling that they might be referring to someone's name...
>"Oh, nothing, really..." Marisa answers. "Some people from the moon came and tried to do something to Gensokyo...people switching bodies at random...bunch of guys with fancy stuffs came and said something about protecting us...Really, its hard to be surprised in Gensokyo these days..."
>You do acknowledge Mokou as a friend. Its just that you two don't see each other very often...
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 05:49:56 AM »
> "... This is a direct sequel of Yorihime's Quest, isn't it?"
> "Hm..."
> Can't we see Kourindou's yet?
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 08:54:48 AM »
> "... This is a direct sequel of Yorihime's Quest, isn't it?"
> "Hm..."
> Can't we see Kourindou's yet?

//"People from the moon doing something" refers to the plot of Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom. "People randomly switching bodies" refers to what is going to happen in Antinomy of Common Flowers. "Bunch of guys say they are protecting Gensokyo"...maybe, maybe not...  :V

>Kourindou isn't very far from Marisa's house. In fact, you are already there before you realized it.
>"Here we are!" Marisa said as she lands in front of it.

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 07:14:10 PM »
>Land as well.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 07:50:56 PM »
> "And how have been Rinnosuke with his business?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2017, 12:05:47 AM »
>Land as well.

>You land in front of Kourindou.

> "And how have been Rinnosuke with his business?"

>"Not very good, I say..." Marisa answers you. "Hadn't had much customers since the body switch incident..."
>Marisa is about to go ahead and open the front door of Kourindou...but then something made her stop with her hand right on the doorknob.
>Marisa's mood also changed.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2017, 01:04:23 AM »
> "... Marisa?"
> Examine Marisa.
> What expression she have now?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2017, 02:27:38 AM »
> "... Marisa?"
> Examine Marisa.
> What expression she have now?

>Marisa's expression became that of worriedness.
>"Someone's in there with Kourin..." The witch said. "I hear his voice and another person's..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2017, 02:34:48 AM »
> "What's the big deal about it?"
> Look mildly confused.
> "Someone can always come to visit him or buy things."

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2017, 02:46:20 AM »
> "What's the big deal about it?"
> Look mildly confused.
> "Someone can always come to visit him or buy things."

>"This is not a customer." Marisa says. "He's asking Kourin some questions in a commanding way. Questions about...you...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2017, 02:54:18 AM »
> "... Pardon me?"
> Frown.
> "Leave me space."
> Once she let us, get closer to the door and try to hear anything.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2017, 03:51:31 AM »
> "... Pardon me?"
> Frown.
> "Leave me space."
> Once she let us, get closer to the door and try to hear anything.

>Marisa stands aside and let you approach the door.
>You press one ear against the door to hear what is being conversed inside Kourindou.

>"Tell me again, general..." You hear Rinnosuke saying to someone. "Why do you and your...troops...need her?"
>"We don't need Miss Usami herself..." The 'other person' reply to Rinnosuke...with a distinctively British accent. "What we need are the Occult Orbs, and how she got her hands on them."
>"Why, again?" Rinnosuke asked the other person.
>"I can assure you, Mr. Morichika, that it will help me and my men defeat an evil society that has no qualms about genociding the entire world." The other person answers.
>"And what is this society you speak of?" Rinnosuke asked again.
>You hear the other person clear his throat before he gives out his answer.
>"The Lunar Kingdom. They created the Occult Orbs, and tried to use Miss Usami as a pawn to help them 'cleanse' the world of all life forms. Therefore, we must obtain the Occult Orbs, and use their powers against their own creators..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2017, 04:15:53 AM »
> "... What...?"
> Keep listening.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #73 on: March 03, 2017, 07:35:19 AM »
> "... What...?"
> Keep listening.

>You keep on listening.

>"General..." You hear Rinnosuke say. "How do you know about Sumireko, and all that you've just claimed...?"
>The other person remained silent for a few seconds. Then he said, "We are different than you Gensokyians and your Spell Card Rules. We don't try to make our attack patterns look beautiful, we don't rely solely on raw firepower, and most importantly, we don't give our enemies any chance of being able to win at all. When we armed forces go to fight an enemy, we rely on simple but efficient attack formations and focus on being able to defeat said enemy. Your Spell Card Rules is just a glorified and exaggerated game of paintball with the potential of collateral damage, friendly fire and innocent casualties..."
>You hear Rinnosuke sigh. "Your point being?"
>The other person continues. "We learn how our enemies act. We then adapt our troops, weapons and tactics to combat these enemies. This is called intelligence gathering. This is how we know about the vile Lunarians and their plans to exterminate the entire world using a high-school student from the Outside World..."

>Before you could hear the rest of the conversation, you suddenly hear what sounds like a gun being cocked, followed by another British-accented voice yelling at you (and Marisa) from around the corner of Kourindou: "Put your hands where I can see them!"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2017, 08:02:59 AM »
> Roll our eyes to see Marisa.
> Slowly put our hands up.
> Can we make things levitate without even looking or pointing at them?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2017, 08:09:27 AM »
> Roll our eyes to see Marisa.
> Slowly put our hands up.
> Can we make things levitate without even looking or pointing at them?

>You roll your eyes to see Marisa, who is doing the same thing.
>You then put your hands up.
>You can, but only if you know the exact position of your target. Otherwise you'd just be figuratively swiping at thin air.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2017, 08:13:36 AM »
> Give Marisa a really, REALLY discreet nod. Wait one second for her to express her answer.
> Then roll our eyes to see this mysterious character pointing at us with a gun.
>> If we can't see him like that, then SLOWLY start turning to do so.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2017, 08:34:48 AM »
> Give Marisa a really, REALLY discreet nod. Wait one second for her to express her answer.
> Then roll our eyes to see this mysterious character pointing at us with a gun.
>> If we can't see him like that, then SLOWLY start turning to do so.

>Marisa responds with an equally discreet nod.
>You turn really slowly toward whoever might be pointing a gun at you.
>You see that he is dressed in modern military combat fatigues, complete with bulletproof vest and helmet. He is also pointing an assault rifle at you. Looks like you're dealing with a real soldier...
>"Knock your hat off your head!" The soldier demanded as he kept his assault rifle trained on you and Marisa.

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2017, 08:49:14 AM »
> Jump behind nearest cover.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2017, 08:51:36 AM »

> Don't.

//I'm not going to let this man shoot at us and not doing nothing against it before he do that. It's this or him capturing us, or worst, shooting.

Instead...

> Can we hear any voices coming from Kourindou?
> Examine the man more closely. Can we see any other weapon, fire gun or white weapon, in a holster in some part of his body? If so, are they small, like of the size of a hand?
> Are we good at physical combat?
> Slowly guide our hand to our hat's wing.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2017, 10:31:35 AM »

> Don't.

//I'm not going to let this man shoot at us and not doing nothing against it before he do that. It's this or him capturing us, or worst, shooting.

Instead...

> Can we hear any voices coming from Kourindou?
> Examine the man more closely. Can we see any other weapon, fire gun or white weapon, in a holster in some part of his body? If so, are they small, like of the size of a hand?
> Are we good at physical combat?
> Slowly guide our hand to our hat's wing.

>Not anymore. Rinnosuke and the other person seems to have heard the soldier.
>The soldier is carrying a handgun in a holster hung on his torso. The size of the handgun should be very obvious.
>Physical combat...no. You've relied so much on your ESP powers that you're not very good at punches and kicks.
>You slowly move your hand over the brim of your hat.

>"Hat off your head, now!" The soldier yelled out. He is getting impatient...
>You see another soldier appearing next to the first one. The second soldier pulled out a radio and said something into it while simultaneously pointing his handgun at you.

« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2017, 09:31:42 PM »
>Do we have our pistol?

>What kind of danmaku can we shoot with our ESP?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2017, 01:08:11 AM »
>Do we have our pistol?

>What kind of danmaku can we shoot with our ESP?

>Unfortunately, no. Seems that the 3D Printer Gun did not come with you this time.

>Some very simple danmaku that doesn't do much damage, but is useful for overwhelming a single foe. However, there are two soldiers and both of them are wearing armor...

>Thankfully, you don't have to fight the soldiers, because you then hear a voice from behind you, telling the soldiers to stand down. The two soldiers lowered their weapons in response to the order.
>That voice belonged to the other person Rinnosuke was talking to just now.
>"Miss Usami, I presume?" You hear that voice talking to you. "You and your friend can put your hands down now."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2017, 01:59:16 AM »
> "... Huh. I didn't know I was so famous."
> Slowly lower our hands and turn, but don't let our guard down.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2017, 04:52:07 AM »
> "... Huh. I didn't know I was so famous."
> Slowly lower our hands and turn, but don't let our guard down.

>You slowly lower your hands, while staying cautious.
>"Whoever these guys are, they sure know a thing or two about you..." Marisa whispered to you while also lowering her hands.
>You slowly turn toward the direction of the voice of this 'other person'.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2017, 06:37:35 AM »
> Examine him.
> Start to circle him until we have the other two soldiers in our range of vision. We don't want them to suddenly knock us off...
> "May I know the name of the "General" of two people that were pointing their guns at me and my friend?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2017, 10:05:03 AM »
> Examine him.
> Start to circle him until we have the other two soldiers in our range of vision. We don't want them to suddenly knock us off...
> "May I know the name of the "General" of two people that were pointing their guns at me and my friend?"

>You examine the 'other person'. He's dressed as one would expect a modern day military general, complete with 4-star shoulder badges.
>You begin to circle him slowly until you have the two soldiers within your field of vision.

>"I apologize for your unpleasant experience just now. You were eavesdropping on my conversation with the owner of this premise, and my men simply reacted to you as they would've enemy spies." The general told you. "Miss Usami, I have to apologize again, for I am not permitted to introduce myself in the presence of a civilian..." He added as he points a finger at Marisa.
>"See...vee..." Marisa felt insulted. "Geez, you people of the Foreign Military..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2017, 11:46:58 AM »
> "It's not like it's going to make any difference."
> Shrug.
> "May I know then what are you, a military force, expecting from me?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2017, 02:36:59 PM »
> "It's not like it's going to make any difference."
> Shrug.
> "May I know then what are you, a military force, expecting from me?"

>The general adjusted his cap, before beginning his explanation to you.

>"Every time you have a clear night sky, look up. You will see stars and constellations of all shapes and sizes. You will also see what is known as the moon. But contrary to what mythologies, folklores and fairy tales tell you, the moon is not a symbol of fortune, nor does it represent goodness. In reality, it is the breeding ground of a society of pure evil whose concept of Shinto purity is taken to supremacist levels, deeming anything with a limited lifespan as something that should not exist at all. They have no qualms about committing genocide and in fact, they teach their children from a very young age that anything that can die of old age must be wiped out from the entire universe. One time, these supremacists, known as Lunarians, used a young girl with an extraordinary powers as chess pieces to help them activate an instrument that was meant to literally wipe the whole world into a clean slate, erasing all life from existence. The Lunarians' plans were only thwarted by the swift actions of one Miss Hakurei, which if one second later would've led to the demise of the entire world..."
>Pausing his explanation, the general points a finger at you. "Usami Sumireko, that young girl...is you, and the instrument they wanted you to activate is...the Occult Orbs. This armed force that I command, is just one of multiple militaries deployed to Gensokyo to put an end to anything the Lunarians might do in their campaigns of genocide, and our government intend to relieve them of every possible advantage they could use, starting with you..."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2017, 05:09:38 PM »
> "..."
> Laugh, but then frown.
> "So, in short, you are trying to put it in a sweet way that you need to wipe me out?"