Author Topic: Favorite Touhou music circles?  (Read 5110 times)

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
Favorite Touhou music circles?
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:02:45 AM »
Exactly what it says on the tin.  Not sure if there is already a general thread relating to this particular topic, but w/e.  Someone let me know if there is.

Personally I go either old-school with dBu or Magnum Opus.  I'm a sucker for the electric guitar.
(I'm also really curious to see which circles people recommend, I'd like to expand my library a little bit)
Return of Eastern Wonderland! Made by a PC-98 fan FOR fans!
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, HSiFS, WBaWC
Scoring: HSiFS Easy (PB: 1.1b), Barrage Musical Hard (PB: 28.?b)

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Favorite Touhou music circles?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 07:41:53 AM »
Kishida Kyoudan & The Akeboshi Rockets.

They are absolutely my favourite band of all time, especially with their original works. But I listened to them since back when they were first a Touhou arrange circle. Interestingly, despite releasing original works and being popular through anime openings, they do still release Touhou arrange albums from time to time still.

I also still listen to Demetori and CROW'SCLAW, since I do love myself some Touhou metal arranges. I also loved Foreground Eclipse but they seem to have disappeared since they haven't released anything new since 2013.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 03:40:49 AM »
Demetori and CROW'SCLAW
This. Touhou + Metal = Headbanging and air guitar. I'd also recommend Yuuhei Satellite if you're into techno/trance and associated genres.

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 04:38:29 AM »
SoundHolic, A-One, Halozy and Digital Wing for me. Mostly. Don't say that there aren't good stuff anywhere else though.
Also, I don't need expand my horizon because my wallet will suffer terribly.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:23:56 AM »
ShibayanRecords. Just recently discovered he has nearly his entire discography available for purchase on Pixiv's Booth platform too. Just about any one of his standard electro or nu-disco songs with 3L, Nachi or Yana on vocals is sure to be a favourite of mine.

Studio "Syrup" Comfiture is up there too. Still unsure how their return is gonna continue faring, but they have some absolute classic albums. I'll really miss Shiki/eerie though.

For some more standard rock and pop, I'll usually opt for Get In The Ring. Their collaborative CDs are especially nice.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 09:04:38 AM »
For me it really depends on mood I guess, what genre's I'm looking at.

Off the top of my head. Metal usually winds up with me looking at Demetori, Xi-on (old albums), Iron attack. For orchestra there is Tutti sound (old), Wave, Active Neets and Melodic taste. For acoustic or easy listening there is Floating cloud, Ringing volcano (Thanks Drake) and Flap frog. Overlapping heavily with that category is my go to Jazz groups like Swing holic, Accord on codes, Active neets (again) and thj quartet.

A recent discovery is how nice A-one is to drive to. Dangerously so as well.

Jeremie

• MoonScraper
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 11:54:44 AM »
C-Clays/K2 SOUND, Sound Sepher, Halozy, Arte Refact and ShibayanRecords.

Sound Sepher was the first circle I checked. I was interested when I discovered Yousuke Yasui (Eschatos, Ginga Force, etc.) worked with the circle and I still really like their music.

I also used to have a rather dismissive attitude towards vocals in game music (arranges and remixes included) but that all changed after I stumbled on a certain vocal arrange of "At the End of Spring" by C-Clays. I bought the CD it was part of and I sure as heck didn't regret it. C-Clays/K2 SOUND are still my favorite circles nowadays since I really like the large variety of genre they cover and I really like their vocals in general.
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by Rumia.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 12:49:22 PM »
Sound Sepher

Almost forgot about this one...how could I?  Greatly underappreciated circle right there from what I've seen.

I learned from this thread that I really should listen to more than electronica/metal.  Those are great genres but about all I listen to with Touhou.
So many orchestral, jazz, and other genres to choose from as well.
1ccs: SoEW (N), LLS (N), MS (N), EoSD (N, H), PCB (N), IN (N, H), PoFV (N, 5 char), MoF (N), SA (N), UFO (N), TD (N), DDC (N), LoLK (N), HSiFS (E, N, L), WBaWC (N)

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 12:55:17 PM »
Active Neets' orchestral stuff is amazing, but I also love a lot of what Demetori does as well.
There is also this one guy I found on youtube called HertzDevil who makes these awesome chiptune covers of the Touhou soundtrack with old games console soundchips, making it sound like they were from some old RPG or something.

WishMakers

• Myouren's IT Guy
  • printf("h*ck");
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 01:42:33 AM »
HertzDevil

He is a cool dude.  There is also 40Nix who does FamiTracker Touhou stuff and it's almost better in my opinion.
They are still great artists of chiptune though, no doubt.