Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 135263 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
As a waifu-blind Camilla fanboy I'll say this for her: She is very niche. There ARE a lot of units she absolutely wrecks, but I'd say more often than not she just ends up on Reposition duty because she can't scratch anyone on the opposing team.

The best use for Camilla is as a pocket counter for things that other members of your team struggle with. Like, my current team is three blue characters who deal magic damage and Camilla. There are things my blue mages just can't touch (Julia, some pegasus units) and Camilla works great for those. So she is an important member of the team for handling the holes in my offensive coverage and she is integral to my overall success, but that's because I have a weird imbalanced team.

Should you 5* her? Honestly depends on how badly you need something to cover the units she is good against and how easily you can handle things that she sucks against (sword lords, many Takumis, armor units).
To be honest... she's also good enough to help me bridge the gap when I need her to do so... she also, helps me good against armored lance units with some help from FCorrin so, yeah she needs a 5* and I'll just deal with whatever the game throws at me she might be the thing I'll need encase things go wrong. O.o

I'm more of a Hinoka, Elise, Ryoma, Takumi, and Jakob fangirl, but Camilla holds a special place in my heart to be honest.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:10:55 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

I want Odin to be useful, but man, his stats are just really bad...

poor odin dark

still as bad as he was in fates

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I suspect Camilla is gonna get a whole lot more usable once you rip Iote's Shield from Michalis.

commandercool

• alter cool
I don't know how much that helps her honestly, since she still gets wrecked by all sword lords. What slot does it go in? Isn't it A?

But yeah she fits very nicely on a team with FCorrin. They're very much complementary units which is super thematic and makes me happy.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I don't know how much that helps her honestly, since she still gets wrecked by all sword lords. What slot does it go in? Isn't it A?

But yeah she fits very nicely on a team with FCorrin. They're very much complementary units which is super thematic and makes me happy.
Imma go ahead and 5* her now after I'm done cooking dinner for my aunt.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
> Gets new phone contract

> Is eligible for a special offer that none of the rest of my family is

Now I have a tablet. So... uh... time to try this I guess!

I don't really have a clue what I'm doing on this; but from what I can tell the overall character obtaining cycle is similar to Dokkan Battle; but the gameplay is Fire Emblem. So I should enjoy this.

I summoned a Chrom. But he's 4 star? I'd have imagined him as 5.

I just summoned a 5 star as well; Jaffar?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:23:37 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

commandercool

• alter cool
I'm not sure exactly how the rarity system breaks down, but it's possible to pull most or all characters at multiple different rarity levels. You can upgrade any unit all the way to 5*, although it's fairly costly so you can't do it often.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
The most annoying thing is not being able to sing/dance her, takes forever. I don't even want to begin to imagine the sp grinding hell once she's maxed. She's 5 stars too so no extra level bonuses since no more promotions.
Unequip dance when you're leveling her, then you should be able to dance her.

I summoned a Chrom. But he's 4 star? I'd have imagined him as 5.

I just summoned a 5 star as well; Jaffar?
You can view the summoning pool and rarities of all the characters if you press details. Characters are rollable at 3*/4*, 4*/5*, or 5* only. Characters in banners have rollable 5* versions even if they were originally 3*/4* only.

Also, the pity 5* bonus resets after every banner, so when possible, save a lot of orbs to roll on the same banner to maximize your chances.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
So just for the record, I'm still recording my Arena battles and while I'm not ready to post updated results yet, I can easily see that Tiki is BY FAR the most-used unit in the game. Is anyone else seeing this?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:28:09 PM by commandercool »

Edible

So just for the record, I'm still recording my Arena battles and while I'm not ready to post updated results yet, I can easily see that Tiki is BY FAR the most-used unit in the game. Is anyone else seeing this?

Not even remotely, no.

I see her fairly often, but nowhere close to Takumi and Lucina.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
TOO MANY DAMN LUCINAS IN MY ARENA SEND HELP and now I'm seldom seeing Takumis also SEND HELP.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Unequip dance when you're leveling her, then you should be able to dance her.
oh my gosh that is genius!! I'm ashamed that this hasn't occurred to me.

As a waifu-blind Camilla fanboy I'll say this for her: She is very niche. There ARE a lot of units she absolutely wrecks, but I'd say more often than not she just ends up on Reposition duty because she can't scratch anyone on the opposing team.
What's your verdict on reposition vs smite so far?

I'm considering bringing up a Subaki since he's the tankiest flying unit right now (besides beruka, but she's green and also slow) and may even give him the iote's shield once that's available. I would consider giving hinoka one as well but she already one shots takumi, which is always my first and highest priority. Her defiant def is probably going to waste atm, I can't remember a time when that was useful but I also don't know what A-passive to give her yet.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
Not even remotely, no.

I see her fairly often, but nowhere close to Takumi and Lucina.

So I posted my previous notes earlier. I haven't combined the numbers yet, but in the last few days I've seen seven Tikis, three Lucinas, and three Takumis in 18 battles. That's pretty close to exactly how my last 18 went.

I'm not necessarily saying this is fully representative, it might have something to do with my BST or something. But it's certainly unexpected.

What's your verdict on reposition vs smite so far?

It's much more useful almost all of the time. Good call. I suspect it has diminishing returns the less mobile the unit is to the point that Smite may be better on armored units, but I think they're generally going to be running Pivot anyway so I doubt it matters.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 08:46:26 PM by commandercool »

Edible

What rank are you, out of curiosity?

commandercool

• alter cool
What rank are you, out of curiosity?

47,801 at the moment. Lot of room for improvement this time around.

Edible

Oh, sorry.  Used the wrong word.  Meant arena tier.

commandercool

• alter cool
Tier 8. Isn't that basically just based on when we started playing? Do we know what it determines?

Edible

I have no idea, was just thinking that might have something to do with it.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I would assume it's merely how many times you've played in the arena. I skipped the arena a few times and so I'm tier 6 even though we all started on launch, so it's not just when you started.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

I have no idea, was just thinking that might have something to do with it.

definitely doesn't

I notice that if I put effie into a team and enter the arena, I get hector like 99% of the time

commandercool

• alter cool
I would assume it's merely how many times you've played in the arena. I skipped the arena a few times and so I'm tier 6 even though we all started on launch, so it's not just when you started.

Right, I gotcha, hence "basically".

definitely doesn't

I notice that if I put effie into a team and enter the arena, I get hector like 99% of the time

Wait, really? Do you have actual stats on that? I should experiment with that after I get my score capped I guess because that's nuts if so.

Although if all of these Tikis is supposed to be the game fucking with me then it's doing a really bad job. My three blue magic units doooooon't really caaaaare about her.

Wait, really? Do you have actual stats on that? I should experiment with that after I get my score capped I guess because that's nuts if so.

within the 630+ range I got hector like 11/12 fights, which really sucks because armored units blow to use

MatsuriSakuragi

For me it's still Takumi, who I'm matched with roughly 9 out of 10 times.

Disgusting.

Tiki is common, but with Lucina on board she's not a threat to me.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Yeah, actually. Why is Tiki so common? I get Taco being overused, for obvious reasons, but Tiki? What does Tiki have that's a threat to anything other than Axe Knights?  I have Nowi and Lucina, so I don't have any trouble squashing Tiki users, but if she's so overused she must be good against something popular.

Or, I don't know... Tiki was a Focus unit at launch and basically everyone (except me but I can't complain cuz Nowi) got her and doesn't care that she's meh.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Yeah, actually. Why is Tiki so common? I get Taco being overused, for obvious reasons, but Tiki? What does Tiki have that's a threat to anything other than Axe Knights?  I have Nowi and Lucina, so I don't have any trouble squashing Tiki users, but if she's so overused she must be good against something popular.

Or, I don't know... Tiki was a Focus unit at launch and basically everyone (except me but I can't complain cuz Nowi) got her and doesn't care that she's meh.

ccool mentioned adult tiki so I will assume two reasons

1) lightning breath that counters at all ranges
2) dragon boobs

commandercool

• alter cool
I think a lot of it has to do with her high-ass BST. And the fact that everyone has her, and I guess she's a Hector counter.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
I think Tiki also comes at 3*.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

MatsuriSakuragi

Yeah, Hector is hard for me to deal with for sure. I try to keep specials charged for him so I can hit him as hard as possible.

I wonder when we'll get the next rotation of new characters. I have 40 orbs burning a hole in my pocket.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Effie x Tiki (the good kind) has been my strategy since Week 2.

Actually it's still my strategy. What are 5 stars?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 04:39:59 AM by BT »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
I think I might change my defense team - I need something that forces a victory condition like "You lose if you don't have a sword or mage left over against Hector"

Subaki, I can only imagine, does horribly on defense when you can't wait for people to trigger Quick Riposte and specifically bait Lucina :c