Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 134803 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
This is the first week where I've had zero defenses. I blame the rise of TriAdept MRobin, who singlehanded counters my defense team, and/or people putting swordbreakers on everything. Problem is that I don't have any good blues or greens for arena, so I'm kinda stuck here unless I use my Ursula. Guess I'd better train up my cav team.

Speaking of which, MRobin with Quick Riposte absolutely ruins all Takumis, as expected. Takumi is now off of my team, and the new team is Camilla/Lyn/FCorrin/MRobin.
Slap Triangle Adept on MRobin to easily counter over half of the meta.

Edit: Oh, are we posting arena teams? This is the max I can get with my setup. Actually, I can probably get a few more points now comparing with Chirei's setup, this must have been when Olivia was a level lower or something.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 01:55:13 AM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

commandercool

• alter cool
Slap Triangle Adept on MRobin to easily counter over half of the meta.

Trying to think what that counters that I don't already handle with him. I lose the ability to one-shot Takumi and can still kill all sword lords (albeit not necessarily always in one hit). Does it let him take on sword pegasi or something? My team is already generally pretty great at handling sword lords because of FCorrin. Even though she takes super damage from many of them she can still generally singlehandedly take on a whole team of them.

Edit: Dang, Triangle Adept FCorrin might be nuts though. She and MRobin together can take down physical green units as of right now so I would lose that utility, but that might be really crazytown for defense.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:00:48 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

MatsuriSakuragi

I've been working on leveling up some of my weaker units now that my main team is mostly at lv40:

Ninian/MRobin/FCorrin/Lissa

Thoughts:
Ninian... she gets better, right? Because so far she's just been a squishier, weaker Azura.
MRobin: I kind of looked past this dude because I got the 4* version of him and he just wasn't performing well. After 5*ing him and giving him the upgraded Blarraven, he's a fuckin' boss.
FCorrin: I see why people like her now. She's a TANK. She just sucks up the damage like it's nothing-- and often takes very little damage from axes, of all things. And then Lissa just heals her as if nothing happened. Not super offensive, though. Not yet at least?
Lissa: LEVELING UP HEALERS IS SUCH A PAIN. But Rehabilitate is pretty much the most amazing thing.

commandercool

• alter cool
FCorrin: I see why people like her now. She's a TANK. She just sucks up the damage like it's nothing-- and often takes very little damage from axes, of all things. And then

Her damage output is never incredible, but between Seal Resist letting her hit hard on the backswing, high speed letting her often double up, and Draconic Aura's low cooldown working well with her high speed she can grind down enemies pretty quickly. And although her attack never becomes amazing she also gets a larger-than-normal strength boost from 4* to 5*. AND on top of all of that her Hone Attack passively boosts her DPS through others, so yeah, she contributes a lot. Definitely my favorite character in the game stats-wise.

Incidentally, I recommend giving her Pivot. It's really really handy for jumping in to tank for your squishies after they kill something.

Conqueror

Trying to think what that counters that I don't already handle with him. I lose the ability to one-shot Takumi and can still kill all sword lords (albeit not necessarily always in one hit). Does it let him take on sword pegasi or something?
Because of Robin's tome, it gives him bonuses vs both reds and colorless, and he takes less damage from them as well. Not that he didn't already destroy Takumi, but now he can tank Kagero as well.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

commandercool

• alter cool
Because of Robin's tome, it gives him bonuses vs both reds and colorless, and he takes less damage from them as well. Not that he didn't already destroy Takumi, but now he can tank Kagero as well.

Hmmm that makes sense. Interesting. I'm already pretty deep in the hole with Robin's SP, but I will take that into strong consideration. Although my Robin does survive against Kagero and one-shots her in return right now, but taking less damage would be nice I'm sure.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
MichalisIote's Shield was available for a little while earlier, and will be available again later this week.  Prepare for actually being able to use flyers without having to worry as much about tacos.

commandercool

• alter cool
I've been spamming blue summons throughout this banner trying to get Ninian, and while I didn't get her I did finally get Effie. She's 4* because 5* in the REM is a myth (although I'm not sure if it's even possible to pull a 5* Effie?) but I'm pretty happy with that. Might try the Fortify/Ward Armor team now just to see if it works at all.

MichalisIote's Shield was available for a little while earlier, and will be available again later this week.  Prepare for actually being able to use flyers without having to worry as much about tacos.

Is it on that new hero battle guy then? What do you mean available earlier?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 02:56:16 PM by commandercool »

Edible

His map was available for an hour about 4 hours ago, as a kind of early bird thing.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
His map was available for an hour about 4 hours ago, as a kind of early bird thing.
WHAT!?! How... did I miss that???

Also I admit Takumi is OVERPOWERED GOOD GOD I DUNNO IF HALF OF HIS SKILLS ARE INHERIT OR NOT ARE NOT BUT, GOD DAMN HE WAS A BITCH TO KILL TRYING TO DO THE MARCH QUEST FOR INT+.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Conqueror

The announcement was only in japanese because they didn't want Americans complaining about waking up at 7 am est

It was a tie in event to some japanese stream iirc

MatsuriSakuragi

WHAT!?! How... did I miss that???

Also I admit Takumi is OVERPOWERED GOOD GOD I DUNNO IF HALF OF HIS SKILLS ARE INHERIT OR NOT ARE NOT BUT, GOD DAMN HE WAS A BITCH TO KILL TRYING TO DO THE MARCH QUEST FOR INT+.

Welcome to arena, enjoy your stay (you won't)

commandercool

• alter cool
I pray to see Takumis at this point because MRobin gobbles them up all day long. They're free wins if you counter him hard enough. Seriously, if you have an MRobin of any star level I recommend maxing him, he pretty much handles the whole current meta.

Is there a Takumi inherit that lets him handle MRobin? Tomebreaker or something? Seems like something people will start to anti-meta if they can.

Edible

People just run other counters to RobinM.  Nino and Julia are both popular choices and both crush him.

I think I've been seeing so much Julia lately because she just flat out obliterates a large percentage of the meta.

commandercool

• alter cool
Julia is definitely one of the things my team struggles with the most. I'm primarily running Lyn for her and Hector right now.

Nino and Julia are both popular choices and both crush him.

I think I've been seeing so much Julia lately because she just flat out obliterates a large percentage of the meta.

and then felicia runs both of them over, perpetuating the cycle

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
and then felicia runs both of them over, perpetuating the cycle
TBH so does Sanaki if she can one round him due to her atk growth I mean mines already has 41 atk at level 31.

TBH so does Sanaki if she can one round him due to her atk growth I mean mines already has 41 atk at level 31.

but felicia also runs her over, perpetuating the cycle

commandercool

• alter cool
And Camilla steamrolls Felicia! But not much else because Camilla is seated pretty poorly in the meta frankly. She does handle most or all of the glass cannon mages, but she really struggles getting close to them safely because so much stuff unilaterally flattens her.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
Of course now Chirei is probably gonna freezedry Camilla with her because you said that.  (I kid, I kid, and an AI Camilla is undoubtedly going to be less deadly than a player-controlled one I know)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:26:27 PM by Jq1790 »
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Of course now Chirei is probably gonna freezedry Camilla with her because you said that.  (I kid, I kid, and an AI Camilla is undoubtedly going to be less deadly than a player-controlled one I know)

she was already one-rounding camillas with the silver dagger prefore I promoted her, camilla is small beans

People just run other counters to RobinM.  Nino and Julia are both popular choices and both crush him.

Amusingly enough I ran into a team with a Julia and *three* MRobins last night. I run FRobin, which means Blue Tomebreaker.

Sadly it wasn't a flawless victory since the Hana I sent after Julia got blown up by the MRobin behind her, but it was an easy win regardless.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Why not both??? ^^;;

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Camilla's one of my highest leveled units at the moment even though she's 4*. Since she's rather squishy though, I usually tend to hold her back a bit, so I'm trying something out by turning her into a bit of a support character after slapping Harsh Command on her. If that doesn't work out, I'm gonna see how Rally Attack does. Admittedly, she isn't as squishy as she used to be, but she still seems squishier than my Lissa, which is... something.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

commandercool

• alter cool
So just for weird reference purposes I recorded all of the enemies I saw in PVP over the weekend. So for my last 18 games these are the enemy frequencies. Note that I never saw duplicates of an enemy within a single team so these are all spread out one per team, and my arena score was 4275 the whole time.

7/18 teams: Tiki (adult)

4/18 teams: Camilla, Effie, MRobin, Takumi

3/18 teams: Ephraim, Kagero, Lucina, Marth, Nowi, Roy, Sharena

2/18 teams: Cordelia, Lyn, Ninian, Olwen, Tharja

1/18 teams: Beruka, Erika, FCorrin, Felicia, Gunter, Hawkeye, Hector, Jeorge, Julia, Lissa, MCorrin, Minerva, Nino, Peri, Reinhardt, Ryoma, Sakura, Sheena

No appearances: Everyone else

Interesting results. I'm going to continue to keep track of this. It doesn't get us anywhere terribly specific, but it's at least a vaguely interesting snapshot of a particular corner of the meta on a particular weekend with a small sample size.

7/18 teams: Tiki (adult)

people trying to abuse the lightning breath?

MatsuriSakuragi

Ran through arena last night now that I have one of the characters that give bonus points (which, I need to add, is another REALLY DUMB MECHANIC). Team was Ninian (20)/MRobin (40)/Camilla (40)/Lucina (40). Made pretty easy work of it all with few misplays and deaths and ended up with 39xx points. So close to the 4000 mark :(

What surprises me, though, is that all of my rounds were astonishingly straightforward. I don't think I saw more than one Takumi in 7 rounds. Lucky!

I wonder if the level of your leader determines the difficulty, in a sense-- because I feel like it should not have gone that smoothly considering that I was technically running 3.5 units (Ninian was useless unless she was dancing).

commandercool

• alter cool
The difficulty, as well as your overall score ceiling, is tied to your team's total base stat total. So having an underleveled character means you're fighting easier opponents and they may not all be max level, but your maximum possible score is lower than if your team was all max level and your opponents were harder.

Notably there's some kind of rebalancing coming up that will tweak how this is calculated, but I'm not sure if we're expecting the difference to be very large.

commandercool

• alter cool

That's nice uh don't touch any of my stuff please.

MatsuriSakuragi

Hmm. Not directly related to the mobage, but is FE Fates worth getting into? I've heard mixed reviews on it (granted, a lot of negativity I hear is from people who prefer the older games, which I couldn't get into as well). And if so, does the order in which you play them matter? I hear you're supposed to play Birthright first, but Conquest has always looked more interesting to me.