Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 135395 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean, personally I would love Awakening and Fates offspring characters, but Ike really does need his due even though I don't particularly care for him myself.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

I really want to like this game and in a sense I do because I keep playing it (but it's more because it's always in my pocket and I'm pretty much burned out on PAD for the rest of my life outside of the events that interest me), but there's so much room for improvement and so much potential this kind of game could have that it doesn't. It really just makes me want to play the actual Fire Emblem games instead of it, which may be part of the point-- the push in interest makes me want to buy the games instead.

There are some who theorize that this is basically going to be like another pokemon go due to the lack of content and is merely hype generation for Echoes.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
I really can't buy that.  This game has already had exponentially more support than Go.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
There are some who theorize that this is basically going to be like another pokemon go due to the lack of content and is merely hype generation for Echoes.
Isn't Echoes in itself just hype generation for FE Switch?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
Weren't you working on a lunatic run at one time?  How's that going? Any progress?
Still am, beat sakura and got to takumi's stage. That was about 2 weeks ago but my sister has been borrowing my 3ds so it's a bit on hold for awhile again. Slooowly getting there though.
Along those lines, what do you guys think of inheritance? The refrain when it was announced was "This is going to break the game" but at this point I think it's added a lot of nice interaction. It's been a huge net positive so far in my opinion. Not THE fix the game needed necessarily, but definitely something positive.
I am quite loving inheritance, the customizing aspect is great. I haven't yet run into anything gamebreaking and my takumi experience has always been oneshot-or-be-oneshotted -- so he doesn't change for me -- so my mood is as of yet unspoilt.

I just realized that quick riposte on hinoka is a one turn full special charge if I just let someone run into her (well, provided they don't die before getting stabbed in the face quadra times). I didn't have anything in her B-slot so there she has it. Right now I'm very much deliberating over whether I should give one of my backrow fliers reciprocal aid since that would allow my camilla to use ardent sacrifice and immediately have access to desperation instead of having to engage the enemy first. But that would take up an assist slot that could otherwise have been used for another reposition/smite. The reason being that right now hinoka is the one that I stuck reposition on just to test it out, which means that camilla is right now my most mobile unit, but she can't orko takumi without desperation.
Also I tried sticking knock back on Elise now that she's maxed out and sitting at almost 900 extra sp because it would have been pretty funny if combined with gravity, but I couldn't. Sadness. And healers can't inherit offensive specials so none of that either. Well I was planning on trying out a mono-flier team anyway.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

Isn't Echoes in itself just hype generation for FE Switch?

I wouldn't say that. It takes a ton of guts and resources to basically localize out of nowhere what amounts to the Zelda 2 of FE, probably way more than they've invested into FEH. I think this is them trying to bridge the gap Awakening caused between oldboy and newschool players.

Edible

Good tip on Reposition, Mea.  I just threw it on a freshly 40 Hinoka and it's hilarious.  Threw Julia into certain doom to explode a RobinM, then pulled her amnesiac ass out of harm's way, leaving the Lucina and Marth to break themselves upon Hinoka's body.

Edit: Whoops :V
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:58:08 PM by Edible »

commandercool

• alter cool
So I'll say this about tge SP grind for inherited skill: Grinding is never great, but this is far from mindless. It essentially makes a "create your own scenario" kind of feel because maxed our characters need to kill other tough high-level characters and survive to get SP.

All those hoops to jump through does keep things interesting, when all of my tenth stratum training tower runs become "Kill everything with Lyn and have her survive". I think it's gratuitous, but as grinding goes it's reasonably engaging.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
I wouldn't say that. It takes a ton of guts and resources to basically localize out of nowhere what amounts to the Zelda 2 of FE, probably way more than they've invested into FEH. I think this is them trying to bridge the gap Awakening caused between oldboy and newschool players.
My take on this is that the nerdy branch in IS had this baby side-project for years (since Awakening revived the franchise, probably) and it's taken them the 3DS's runtime to complete it, because most of the resources went on the main line with Fates. Echoes coming out is sort of a luxury because of all the money Awakening and Fates raked in and doesn't seem like a priority or something that represents the franchise, just a passion project.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case. After all, it had almost zero hype built up for Heroes itself, they just came out one day and said, "Hey, Fire Emblem Heroes!". If they were really trying to use Heroes strategically, they would've announced it two months before its release like Super Mario Run, instead of announcing it two weeks before it comes out. It clearly wasn't supposed to be a particularly big announcement.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Edible

"Hey, 10 free orbs!  Time for one last chance at a 5* from this banner.  I really would like a Ninian!"

>lucius

Game... game, please :(

commandercool

• alter cool
"20 stones, I'll just do five pulls. It's been an absolutely ridiculous number of pulls (probably approaching a hundred) since I pulled a five-star, much less a non-trash one, so I'll gladly take whatever."

-5/5 duplicate three-stars, fuck you for trying

Oh... Uh, okay. That's cool too I guess...

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock

RNG: It Just Works?

commandercool

• alter cool
*headdesk*

Honestly there's not even anything terribly specific I want, I have the bases covered already for the most part. I should just get my hands on a solid 5* dancer and healer, but I mean, I can upgrade Olivia and Lissa, so I don't badly need any specific character.

I guess I do really want a Beruka for that Camilla entourage team too, but that's a looooong term project so it can definitely wait.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Bruh

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Mеа

• catnapping

Woo mission faccomplished! I'm gonna quit while I'm ahead, no more rolling for awhile.
Now I can do a side mono-dragons team project. Maybe give adult tiki wary fighter or something, fcorrin, and some random green dragon, fae I guess??

commandercool

• alter cool
WUT

Well, congrats. Dang you guys.

Bruh

any awesomeness gained from pulling felicia is nullified from having jakob in the same pool

2/10

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
25 orbs let's see what I get!

Roll: 2 reds, 2 grays, and 1 blue let's see how RNG is... 3* Laslow/Indigo (NOW TRULY ALL I NEED IS XANDER),  dupe 4* Gordin, dupe 5* Azura  :derp: , dupe 4* Setsuna, and dupe 3* Olivia.

Thanks RNG, but Imma feed my 5* Azura to my already trained one or give Laslow inherit dance because ya know things.  :derp:

MewMewHeart.exe has stopped working due to 5* Azura.

Question: Should I 5* my Camilla?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 03:16:06 PM by MewMewHeart »
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Mеа

• catnapping
Question: Should I 5* my Camilla?
If she isn't +atk or +spd nature, then you should consider fiving someone else

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
If she isn't +atk or +spd nature, then you should consider fiving someone else
You mean like a buffer or stat wise? Mines is currently: 27 atk, 21 def, 23 spd, and 24 res.

Mеа

• catnapping
You mean like a buffer or stat wise? Mines is currently: 27 atk, 21 def, 23 spd, and 24 res.
as in her iv set, or nature, whatever you want to call it. If you go to the rank up screen, you can see her 5-star level 1 base stats. Compare that with the base stats listed here (remembering to subtract her weapon mt) and find out what her high stat is. If it isn't atk or spd, I would suggest against it.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
as in her iv set, or nature, whatever you want to call it. If you go to the rank up screen, you can see her 5-star level 1 base stats. Compare that with the base stats listed here (remembering to subtract her weapon mt) and find out what her high stat is. If it isn't atk or spd, I would suggest against it.
18 hp/ 12 atk/ 4 spd/ 6 def / 7 res if I 5 star her and let see how it compares... hrm... kinda mediocre tbh...

commandercool

• alter cool

Ugh. This is my seventh Tsubski (second today) and fourth Odin (second today). Fuck me...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!

Ugh. This is my seventh Tsubski (second today) and fourth Odin (second today). Fuck me...
Tell that to the many Gaius and other 3* crap I've gotten.

Mеа

• catnapping
18 hp/ 12 atk/ 4 spd/ 6 def / 7 res if I 5 star her and let see how it compares... hrm... kinda mediocre tbh...
So what you have is a +spd-atk nature (remember to add 5 to spd because of the brave axe, then subtract 5 atk also because of the brave axe). The +spd is good but the -atk hurts too much, wouldn't recommend it.

To whoever said that leveling healers is back-breaking, try ninian. Try grinding -atk ninian. The most annoying thing is not being able to sing/dance her, takes forever. I don't even want to begin to imagine the sp grinding hell once she's maxed. She's 5 stars too so no extra level bonuses since no more promotions.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
So what you have is a +spd-atk nature (remember to add 5 to spd because of the brave axe, then subtract 5 atk also because of the brave axe). The +spd is good but the -atk hurts too much, wouldn't recommend it.

To whoever said that leveling healers is back-breaking, try ninian. Try grinding -atk ninian. The most annoying thing is not being able to sing/dance her, takes forever. I don't even want to begin to imagine the sp grinding hell once she's maxed. She's 5 stars too so no extra level bonuses since no more promotions.
Ugh.... but to be honest she's been holding her own even though with the negatives on her Imma hold back on 5* and see if I can ask anyone else their opinions... thanks for the input Mea.

Edit: Ironically she has more attack than her speed by a lot...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:54:35 PM by MewMewHeart »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!

Subaki is useful, but... man, I can't imagine having seven of him.
I want Odin to be useful, but man, his stats are just really bad...

Edible

Odin IS useful!

... As a source of Moonbow.

commandercool

• alter cool
As a waifu-blind Camilla fanboy I'll say this for her: She is very niche. There ARE a lot of units she absolutely wrecks, but I'd say more often than not she just ends up on Reposition duty because she can't scratch anyone on the opposing team.

The best use for Camilla is as a pocket counter for things that other members of your team struggle with. Like, my current team is three blue characters who deal magic damage and Camilla. There are things my blue mages just can't touch (Julia, some pegasus units) and Camilla works great for those. So she is an important member of the team for handling the holes in my offensive coverage and she is integral to my overall success, but that's because I have a weird imbalanced team.

Should you 5* her? Honestly depends on how badly you need something to cover the units she is good against and how easily you can handle things that she sucks against (sword lords, many Takumis, armor units).