Author Topic: Yorihime Quest  (Read 67139 times)

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Do not mess with a soldier
Yorihime Quest
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
Author's note: yes, you're reading that title right. This is the CYOA of Watatsuki No Yorihime.
So I thought I should give CYOAs another shot after over a year of just watching from the sidelines. Hope this one sees the finale...

>You are Watatsuki No Yorihime, The Moon Princess Possessed Around By Divine Spirits.
>You are a princess of the Lunar Kingdom...Or at least, that's your official position in the Lunarian government. Unofficially, you are a high-ranking commander of the Lunar Defense Force, and your task is to defend the Lunar Kingdom in the event of an incursion by those filthy Earthlings.
>Your reputation in the Lunarian public has somewhat plummeted ever since that damned Yakumo Yukari got one of her friends to steal the Lunar Kingdom's oldest bottle of Sake (using herself as the distraction, even!), and even further when that Chinese divine spirit with a grudge against Chang'E (and her Greek goddess accomplice) successfully takes over the Kingdom's capital using an army of fairies, of all things (which even forced you to accept help from the filthy Earthlings).

>It has been a year since the Fairy Invasion was thwarted by the shrine maiden of that filthy Gensokyo (and three of her friends including your former pet, Reisen)...
>Security in the Lunar Kingdom has been, under your command, tightened following the Invasion. If anyone decides to pick a fight with the Lunar Kingdom right now, you hope that the increased security measures will discourage these would-be attackers.
>Luckily for you, nothing bad has been happening in the Lunar Kingdom for a while. Although you kept security levels high just in case that damned Yakumo Yukari decides to do something funny again.

>You are currently in your living quarters in the Imperial Palace. You're just sitting on the couch opposite of your sister, Watatsuki No Toyohime, who is currently eating some peaches.
>You currently don't have any objectives assigned to you, so you have plenty of free time for the moment.
>_
There's nothing inscribed on the dog tag...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
  • For all of my life... A stranger I remain.
Re: Yorihime Quest
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:56:06 PM »
//A Yorihime Quest! Nice way to begin the day :3

> Inventory.
> Relationships.
> Level of abilities.
> Add as a quest that we want train even more to be an iron wall against anything that attacks our home.
> We want to restore our reputation. We can't let anyone take us easy. Add that as a quest as well.
> Look at Toyohime.
>> If Toyohime is too focused in eating the peaches, quickly look at our chest size.
>> Return our look to our sister once this is done, and check her chest size as well. Make sure this is done if Toyohime isn't looking. If she is, don't do this.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:52:43 PM by Tashi »
ALL HAIL PROPOSALING-SAMA. SURPRISE FOR HIM.

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:25:03 PM »
>Retrieve arms from gods/divine spirits.
>Would we like some peaches too?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2017, 06:50:37 AM »
//A Yorihime Quest! Nice way to begin the day :3

> Inventory.
> Relationships.
> Level of abilities.
> Add as a quest that we want train even more to be an iron wall against anything that attacks our home.
> We want to restore our reputation. We can't let anyone take us easy. Add that as a quest as well.
> Look at Toyohime.
>> If Toyohime is too focused in eating the peaches, quickly look at our chest size.
>> Return our look to our sister once this is done, and check her chest size as well. Make sure this is done if Toyohime isn't looking. If she is, don't do this.
>Inventory check
-Dress: Nothing special about this dress which you wear every day.
-Ribbon: Some people say that it resembled rabbit ears. You still don't understand why.
-Sword of Lord Gion: Your main weapon, which you use to channel the powers of the Shinto gods with. You can also stab it into the ground to trap your enemies in a field of blades (as long as they are also grounded). Currently stored away in your Hammerspace.

>Relationships
-Watatsuki No Toyohime: Your sister, who is also a princess of the Lunar Kingdom. Unlike you, though, she's not the military type, and doesn't take things quite as seriously as you do. When she does, though, she gets creepy enough to send chills down your spine. Especially with her Fan of Mass Purification.
-Reisen #2: A Moon Rabbit who's currently the pet of you and your sister.
-Yagokoro Eirin: Your former mentor. She's also the founding mother of the Lunar Kingdom as you know it, and quite ironically, is now Public Enemy #2. You are very reluctant to seek her out and put her under arrest, and that is one of the reasons your PR plummeted. She's currently hiding out in Gensokyo alongside Houraisan Kaguya. Speaking of which...
-Houraisan Kaguya: She's technically your cousin. After she was found to have consumed the Hourai Elixir, the Lunarian government had her exiled to Earth for the rest of her eternal life. From what you heard, the Lunarian government actually decided to forgive her at one point, and even sent in an emissary and Lady Yagokoro to retrieve her from the Earth...and something must've compelled Lady Yagokoro to kill said emissary, and effectively defect to that filthy Gensokyo...
-Kishin Sagume: A close associate of Lady Yagokoro. You know that reality itself wants to contradict her statements all the time, which is why she doesn't talk much.
-Yakumo Yukari: This bitch is pretty much Public Enemy #1. A long time ago, she decided to sic an entire army of Youkai on the Lunar Kingdom, which thankfully was easily curb-stomped. A while ago, she even got a friend of hers to steal the Lunar Kingdom's oldest bottle of Sake right under your noses (using herself as the distraction, even!). Her manipulation of boundaries, although not quite powerful by Lunarian standards, is the only reason you haven't just went ahead and arrested her for all that she's done.
-Hakurei Reimu: For all you know, she seems to be a counterpart of you from Gensokyo, right down to having the same PR problems. She can also summon Shinto gods, but not as well as you do. You don't completely hate her. In fact, you've used her to help restore a bit of your PR, and she seems to be a bit popular amongst the Lunarian public, despite her being (from your point of view) a servant of that damned Yakumo.

>Levels of abilities
-Summoning of Shinto gods: Self-explanatory. The summoned gods don't actually participate in battles directly, but they do assist by lending you their powers.
-Swordsmanship: You are quite skilled at using your sword, which is no ordinary sword, so to speak.

>Quest list
-[NEW] No Such Thing As Ultimate: You know there is no such thing as the absolute strongest, despite what the Lunar Defense Force think of themselves. But you do know you need to make yourself enough of a challenge to send any would-be troublemakers packing.
-[NEW] Princesses Needs Reputations: All those troubles in the past few years have caused your reputation to plummet. You want to find a way to restore it.

>You look at Toyohime.
>Your chest size is moderate, and so is Toyohime's.
>Honestly though, something like chest size should've been of no concern for military officials like you. Why were you thinking of it?
{^Parser notes: This never gets old, huh?}

>Retrieve arms from gods/divine spirits.
>Would we like some peaches too?

No need to. Your arms are still attached.
>You have nothing else to do right now, so why not?

Toyohime notices you eyeing the peaches.
"You want some too, Yori?" She asks as she passes you a peach.
>_

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2017, 07:08:48 AM »
//Chest size will be always a crucial matter! Don't make me add that as a quest too...

> Smile.
> "Of course, nee-san."
> Grab it and taste it. How it is?
> Do we know where is Rei'sen right now?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2017, 09:06:54 AM »
//Chest size will be always a crucial matter! [hidden by subscript and superscript spam]Don't make me add that as a quest too...[/hidden by subscript and superscript spam]
> Smile.
> "Of course, nee-san."
> Grab it and taste it. How it is?
> Do we know where is Rei'sen right now?

{^Parser notes: Don't worry. I won't.  :V }
>You grab the peach and taste it.
>It tastes quite good, actually.
>Rei'sen is on guard duty at the outskirts of the Lunar Kingdom. You personally assigned her and her squad there, and she won't be back for quite a while...

"So how was it, Yori?" Toyohime asks you.

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 09:31:43 AM »
>"Decent. No that much better or worse than any other i've had."

>Muse on our relationship with our husband.
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

Neovereign

• Greatest Fairy
  • Everything will be daijoubu... hopefully
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 01:18:03 PM »
>Recall our new pet's name in relation to our old pet's one.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 04:37:45 PM »
> What about our relationship with Lord Tsukuyomi?
> And Ringo and Seiran?
> Do we know any major events happening lately in the Kingdom?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 06:38:08 AM »
>"Decent. No that much better or worse than any other i've had."

>Muse on our relationship with our husband.

"Aw, I thought these are the best batches this week..." Toyohime sulked at your response.
>You never understand why your older sister loved peaches so much since, on the Lunar Kingdom, they're what the Earthlings would say are "dirt cheap".

>Used to be no different than any normal couple. But ever since your failure to stop the Fairy Invasion from last year, the two of you have not been on good terms. In fact, you haven't seen him again ever since then.
>You thought that, if he is going to file any divorce, it would be sometime in the near future.

>Recall our new pet's name in relation to our old pet's one.

>Rei'sen is not your current pet's real name. In fact, neither you nor your sister knew what her original name was before you renamed her as such. Perhaps it is because of something you haven't quite figured out yourself that you named her so...

> What about our relationship with Lord Tsukuyomi?
> And Ringo and Seiran?
> Do we know any major events happening lately in the Kingdom?

>Lord Tsukuyomi is the ruling emperor of the Lunar Kingdom, which makes him your superior. You and your sister are but mere subordinates to Lord Tsukuyomi.

>Ringo and Seiran are two moon rabbits in the Eagle Ravi squadron. You've sent both of them as shock troops to "purify" Gensokyo for Lunarian relocation during the Fairy Invasion. But they, along with the rest of the Eagle Ravi squadron have not been seen ever since. You presumed that Ringo, Seiran and their entire squadron must've defected en masse to Gensokyo due to how poorly they thought they were treated by the Lunar Defense Force.

>The last major event, as far as you're concerned, is the Fairy Invasion from a year ago. It went so badly, and humiliated the Lunar Kingdom so much that the Lunarian government has outlawed any notion of discussing it in full details, and you don't intend to remember the humiliating events in it for the rest of your immortal life.
>Otherwise, nothing major has been happening in the Kingdom for a long time.

"I have been thinking, Yori..." Toyohime suddenly said to you. "Maybe we should pay Lady Yagokoro a visit? Thank her for indirectly saving the Lunar Kingdom last year?"

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2017, 07:03:09 AM »
> Honestly, if that man thinks our relationship will not work only because we failed at that moment, then he probably isn't for us.
> "H-Hey... Are you for real, nee-san?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2017, 01:45:53 PM »
> Honestly, if that man thinks our relationship will not work only because we failed at that moment, then he probably isn't for us.
> "H-Hey... Are you for real, nee-san?"

>You thought of the marred relationship with your husband. You can't actually blame him, though, because he technically is a civilian, and civilians tend to think very highly of the military.

"Of course I am for real, Yori..." Toyohime said with a chuckle.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2017, 02:14:22 PM »
> "Do you really think we are allowed to do something like that?"
> Frown a bit.
> "Going to the Earth like that... Are you sure, nee-san?"

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2017, 04:03:17 PM »
>Could we actually summon a god so we can talk to them?

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 06:44:50 AM »
> "Do you really think we are allowed to do something like that?"
> Frown a bit.
> "Going to the Earth like that... Are you sure, nee-san?"

"Why not? We've paid her a visit several years ago." Toyohime addresses your concern. "It won't be much of a problem as long as we don't come in contact with any impurities."
>Toyohime does have a point. Despite Earth being filled with impurities, there are few places on its surface that are still relatively 'pure'. The manor that Kaguya and Lady Yagokoro currently resides in is located in one such place.

>Could we actually summon a god so we can talk to them?

>You can't. When you summon a god, you're only temporarily borrowing his/her powers from a technical point of view. The humanoid body they manifest upon being summoned is merely a projection that cannot be directly interacted with.
>You're not quite sure of this yourself, but apparently that shrine maiden from Gensokyo can talk to the Shinto gods this way. Again, you're not quite sure how she could do this, even though her summoning powers is very low compared with yours.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2017, 06:57:33 AM »
> "If we are going to do that, we will tell the others about this? To Lord Tsukuyomi, for example?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 02:32:10 PM »
> "If we are going to do that, we will tell the others about this? To Lord Tsukuyomi, for example?"

"Let's call this trip a 'purely diplomatic visit'" Toyohime answers with a wink.
>That actually wouldn't be too far-fetched as an explanation, because the previous visit the two of you paid to Lady Yagokoro is also officially written off as a 'trip of diplomatic intent'.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 05:20:03 PM »
> Blink a few times.
> "... She never changes, huh..."
> "... Well, I guess a visit wouldn't hurt."
> Stand up.
> "When it will be?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2017, 01:28:21 AM »
> Blink a few times.
> "... She never changes, huh..."
> "... Well, I guess a visit wouldn't hurt."
> Stand up.
> "When it will be?"

"We will leave in one hour." Toyohime said.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2017, 01:42:11 AM »
> "A-An hour?!"
> Jump a bit.
> "... You had this planned, doesn't it?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2017, 09:10:53 AM »
> "A-An hour?!"
> Jump a bit.
> "... You had this planned, doesn't it?"

Toyohime stood up and said, "Well, of course. We can actually leave now if you're ready~"

//Maybe I should just go straight to you arriving at Eientei?

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 12:20:59 PM »
//Juuust a moment.

> "How much we will be out, by the way?"

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2017, 12:38:42 PM »
//Juuust a moment.

> "How much we will be out, by the way?"

"About three days, if nothing goes wrong." Toyohime says.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2017, 12:44:45 PM »
> Question ourselves if we should tell Rei'sen about this...

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:45 PM »
> Question ourselves if we should tell Rei'sen about this...

>You thought about that for a moment.
>You then remember that it probably wouldn't matter if she hears about your trip to the Earth. Ever since words of the Eagle Ravi squadron defecting en masse reached the Lunarian government's officials, Lord Tsukuyomi has declared that all moon rabbits serving in the LDF are not allowed to leave the Lunar Kingdom unless given authorization by LDF officers, and even then only for military sorties approved by Lord Tsukuyomi himself.
>Besides, Rei'sen and her squad mates won't be back from their patrol duty until five days later, two days after the trip has ended.

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
> We know that Moon Rabbits are able to communicate by ESP waves to each other, but do we have any way to communicate to others?
> "Let's not lose time, then."

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2017, 03:05:38 PM »
> We know that Moon Rabbits are able to communicate by ESP waves to each other, but do we have any way to communicate to others?
> "Let's not lose time, then."

>That would be writing or speaking, which anyone else could do. Why were you wondering about such a simple thing?
>You get ready to depart with Toyohime.

XXXXX

An hour later...

>You and Toyohime have arrived at the main gate of Eientei (it would be rude to just warp in there) without a hitch, thanks to your sister's portal powers.
>Much to yours and Toyohime's surprise, Lady Yagokoro is already at the front gate, waiting for you two. Kaguya and your former pet is not with her, though.
"It has been a long time, Watatsuki sisters..." Lady Yagokoro greeted the two of you politely.

//Aaand the quest begins...

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
> Special communication like the ESP waves... But eh. Whatever.
> "Nice to see you again, Master."
> Bow a bit.

Lt Colonel Summers

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 10:37:11 AM »
> Special communication like the ESP waves... But eh. Whatever.
> "Nice to see you again, Master."
> Bow a bit.

>You bow politely in response to Lady Yagokoro's greeting.
>So did Toyohime.

>"Nice to see you too." Lady Yagokoro says. "Please, do come in."

Tashi

• Charming Devil!
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2017, 12:51:27 PM »
> "Thanks, Master."
> Wait for Eirin to lead the way in and follow her.