Author Topic: NOISZ - the dank new rhythm shmup on the block  (Read 1891 times)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
NOISZ - the dank new rhythm shmup on the block
« on: January 27, 2017, 06:48:42 AM »

NOISZ is the Team Infinity's latest project. If you've played any rhythm games produced in the West (the Pump it Up PRO/Infinity spinoffs, NeonFM), then this group might seem familiar to you. In fact, these credentials helped them secure contributions from notable artists in the Japanese scene, namely Mayumi Morinaga and Hommarju (so far; there could be more!)

The game mechanics are relatively simple; shoot the boss or shield blue bullets in time with the beat. The longer you keep it up without mistakes, the more damage you deal and the more points you gain. Phases and spellcards, if you will, are defined in "verses"; verses only last for a limited period of time and have two sides to them. You start out with a negative gauge and have to whittle it down. Once you've accomplished that, "overflow" kicks in and you get a harder version of the verse for the remainder of its time, in exchange for much better scoring opportunities.

Right now, it's pretty much in beta. Here's some gameplay footage. You might notice that shielding is barely rewarded; there's no footage of the latest iteration out yet, but rewarding players for aggressive shielding did come up in discussions with the devs, and that version of the demo should be out now.

In any case, I urge you guys to try it out. It's a fresh take on shmups and rhythm games, and even if you don't enjoy it, it'd be really awesome if you could give them some feedback. Have an enjyo :^)

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Re: NOISZ - the dank new rhythm shmup on the block
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 01:03:08 AM »
Hey- I'm one of the devs for NOISZ, and I appreciate you posting a topic about this here :D

The game is in a super early state (I'd call it pre-alpha, though the base engine is done) and we're still open to changing pretty much every facet of gameplay, so any feedback is appreciated.
As mentioned, we do plan on updating the gameplay mechanics to reward shielding more- currently we plan on incorporating a mechanic called charged shots, which increases attack damage if you absorb a certain number of blue bullets. We posted an update about it here. We don't have the demo containing this up just yet, however.

Our Kickstarter is here, which has a link to the demo download and a trailer.
We'd love if it you guys gave it a try and told us what you think :)