Author Topic: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017  (Read 28364 times)

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
Re: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2017, 11:20:34 AM »
Cannot go. Wish I could.
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2017, 06:15:09 AM »
Well, let's see. When would dinner be? Saturday or Sunday? I'll finally return to ?saka on Monday night so I'll be able to join even if it's on Sunday.

What do you guys usually do? Do you meet to go to the event and then go out together?

And I'd also like to have info on the jazz concert's location if possible.

Btw, do any of you plan to go to this?: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/special/b/0/touhou_livebox/with_niconico/welcome/hello.html#top
It's a concert of two days (Saturday 29th and Sunday 30th) with circles such as Butaotome, Y?hei Satellite, Cool&Create, IOSYS, Alstroemeria Records, etc. in neighbouring city Chiba. I'll be there. I'm even more excited for this than I am for Reitaisai! You can purchase tickets on Melonbooks. It costs 2500 yen for both days and 1000 and something for only one.

EDIT: Btw, only this year I started to pay more attention to T?h? arrange circles. I've making a list of circle I'd like to check for buying at Reitaisai. Thing is, my favourite circle till now was Tutti Sound, but it seems they don't exist anymore, right? Soo...

Would any of you know about good circles with similar "epic" orchestral arrangements? I also like grandiouse chorus to go along with it a lot  :D And I'd also like to find a good circle dedicated to good folk arranges, specially Japanese ones, like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yEDM-ogtBY&index=22&list=PLX72rAzHlG-BhOoC5bfEHHTxxQvZJOEXL

... Or you could also tell me where is the right subforum to be asking this. Thank you!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:29:57 AM by Yukaris Glove »

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2017, 07:42:01 AM »
Saturday is the concert so the dinner would have to be on Sunday. I have to go back to my place to drop off my circle stuff then I head back out to the restaurant, usually.

The concert is taking place in Shimokitazawa at Music Island O, but if necessary we can arrange meeting up at the nearby station (Shimokitakawa) and walk there together.

Choukaigi and therefore Live Box are the same weekend as M3 so I can't make it.

They usually group music circles by genre at the event so if you find one you like, you can go down a few more spaces in either direction for more along those lines, sometimes. Tokyo Active NEETs has a subgroup called Kokyo Active NEETs which is all live orchestra. I also heard good things about Fox Factory/Kitsune no Koubou too but I don't listen to them so I can't make a recommendation.

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2017, 01:52:27 PM »
Fox factory and Melodic taste are definitely good choices, kokyo active as well. Wave is pretty good but their vocal sampling gets abit repetitive across albums.

Sunday dinner sounds good for me! Oh god I'm so excited hahaha

« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2017, 02:25:02 PM »
Thanks for all the recommendations  :D

In any case, judging by what Forza is saying... do you actually have a chance to hear a sample of the albums in each booth?

N-Forza

« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
Yes, most every booth will have a CD or media player for listening to their wares.

And I made the reservations for the concert. As for the dinner, did anyone have anything they wanted to eat in particular? I'll admit I'm somewhat curious about whale...

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2017, 06:32:40 PM »
And I made the reservations for the concert. As for the dinner, did anyone have anything they wanted to eat in particular? I'll admit I'm somewhat curious about whale...

Hope you like mercury.

Also, whale tastes like stringy, tough, vaguely salty beef. Can't say I recommend it.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2017, 09:06:33 PM »
I thought eating whales was illegal!

N-Forza

« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2017, 01:17:22 AM »
Possibly certain species, but there's a huge whale restaurant in Shibuya between the 109 and the Yamada Denki so I imagine they serve less threatened kinds.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 04:18:07 AM »
I'm game. It sounds interesting and I must uphold my racial sterotype as a chinese person to try eating everything (I'm just curious really)

« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 08:00:05 AM »
I just hope it's not outrageously expensive though  :V If that's not the case, I'm definitely in too.

Will you be meeting to go together to Reitaisai too? 'Cause it would do me good to not have to find it by myself, since I don't have data to check Google Maps in the way  :3

CenturyEgg

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 01:26:26 PM »
There are two lines that reach Bigsite. The Rinkai and Yurikamome. Don't worry too much because you literally can follow the crowd and bigsite should be immediately obvious. I will be joining the queue for early entry for cosplayers but the main queue diverts to the parking lots outside the convention hall. There are signs in japanese as well as ushers so I think you wont have too many problems.

SEI

• Constantly uncomfortable.
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 01:42:11 PM »
Ooh! I'm down for dinner wherever on Sunday!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 03:19:32 PM »
I'll be in Tokyo on the 28th and 29th before setting out to travel somewhere.

« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 08:42:25 PM »
In any case, are we going to meet during the event or only after?

EDIT: Btw, do you know if the new fighter game will also be available as a playable demo? As the new danmaku game will be.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:37:59 PM by Yukaris Glove »

N-Forza

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2017, 01:25:31 AM »
People are free to meet during the event, although it'll have to be on a personally planned basis. The gathering for dinner wasn't going to be until afterwards.

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 10:51:28 AM »
So we need to arrange where and how to meet. I don't have data in my mobile phone so I can't contact any of you without wi-fi  :V

Kurzov

• All good things must come to an end sometime.
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:52 AM »
Two weeks to remain. I could make a Google "My Maps" map for everyone involved, if you would like.
"Better think awhile
Or I may never think again
If this were the last day of your life, my friend
Tell me, what do you think you would do then?"
~ Genesis (Undertow, 1978)

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 02:26:51 AM »
Oh nice, I was wondering when you'd comment here haha! Reunion after a year yeahhhh!
I'm super psyched! Can't wait to see how your Koakuma cos turns out. You've been doing some impressive work with sculpy.

So we need to arrange where and how to meet. I don't have data in my mobile phone so I can't contact any of you without wi-fi  :V
If you have an unlocked phone, I would recommend getting a data sim card. For 4000 JPY, you can get something like 1GB of mobile data for a week. It was very helpful is navigating Tokyo

Also, thank you for mentioning the concerts in Chiba. I will definitely attend on April 30th!

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 03:16:20 AM »
Ow, 4000 yen still sting! I'm already going to invest a lot in this holiday trip to the capital.

Btwa, I sent you a private message some days ago. And if you're going to the concert in Chiba, we can meet there! Since I'm going both days.

Sedrife

• Amateur Touhou Piano Player
  • イケメンFlan is the new hype
    • Touhou Piano Project
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2017, 12:50:10 PM »
I'll be in Tokyo to attend Reitaisai and several live events including LIVEBOX, orchestra, Jazz concert.

« Reply #51 on: April 26, 2017, 08:28:23 AM »
This is gonna be my first RTS, hopefully I don't go totally broke and spend every penny - on the other I wish I can get something nice without spending the whole day just standing in line.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »
This is gonna be my first RTS, hopefully I don't go totally broke and spend every penny - on the other I wish I can get something nice without spending the whole day just standing in line.

Ohhhh I remember last year. Terrible terrible wallet damage. I took more damage shopping at akiba though, cause of K books and melon. I'd recommend you do a rough calculation for the books/circles you want to visit and then think about how much you want to bring. CDs are a pretty good deal at RTS because the price difference between event purchase and at melon/toranoana is quite large.

Oh man, this MOTK Reitaisai party looks pretty big! I hope to get to meet most of you guys as possible!

N-Forza

« Reply #53 on: April 28, 2017, 06:59:39 AM »
Okay, so let's start making plans for dinner after Reitaisai. I need a head count and a consensus on cuisine so I can choose where and when to meet. Here's what I have so far. Post with updates and I'll work them in. Don't worry too much about budget.

Me (+1) - Yakiniku, buffet-style or whale
CenturyEgg (+1) - Yakiniku or whale
Yukari's Glove - Whale OK
Urotsuki - Whale OK
jaytii - Yakiniku or whale
Sedrife - Not whale
thekut
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 07:27:56 AM by N-Forza »

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2017, 06:08:22 PM »
My schedule is absolutely packed so I can't go, sorry. But if any of you spot a short white girl wearing a hat, dragging a somewhat taller white girl around reitaisai, it's probably me so come say hi. I'll give you a fanfic booklet.

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2017, 06:22:14 AM »
Oi Forza, turns out my roommate and I are coincidentally staying at a hotel not too far from the Music Island cafe. Is it too late to put two more on the jazz concert reservation?

N-Forza

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2017, 07:13:25 AM »
Shouldn't hurt to ask.

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2017, 01:04:11 PM »
I can confirm I'm up for the whale meat.

Anyway, I just came to express my HAPPINESS. Today, 29th of April 2017, I met with ZUN at LIVEBOX!! I even talked a bit with him and took a photo with him. Now I can die with no regrets already!!

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:49 AM »
I will be traveling with my family in Tokyo during this time, and I have the 7th free to visit Reitaisai. This will be my first Reitaisai, is there anything I should know or do? I'm not too familiar with how actual cons in Japan work since I just grab stuff online usually.

« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 01:38:51 AM »
It is great you got to meat ZUN! I was very late due to money issues, but managed to catch Cool x Create play with ZUN. Very cool!

I would really like to plan a karaoke night if there is enough interest. Please let me know your thoughts.