Author Topic: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017  (Read 28368 times)

CenturyEgg

• Gentle older sister types are the best!
    • My world cosplay account
Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017
« on: January 22, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »
Some of the preparations for Reitaisai 14 have begun appearing on twitter, so I'd figure I'll open up the thread once again... Discussion thread for those who are planning to make the trip down START!

It is kinda crazy but this time there are 5-6 people I know from Singapore making the trip up the Reitaisai. They aren't in the forums though, so I don't think I intend to wrangle them along to a MOTK meetup if they do not volunteer themselves for it. Some of them are veterans to con-going in Japan so I think they'll have their own schedules and itineraries.

SEI

• Constantly uncomfortable.
Re: Reitaisai 14 - 7th May 2017
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 04:22:04 PM »
Ayy it'll be my first Retaisai. I'm so excited.

Can't wait to meet some of you...even though I'm laughably inactive here........ orz

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:03:09 AM »
My schedule don't be nailed down until they announce if my circle will be accepted, but I'll definitely be around before, during, and after the event in some capacity.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 07:11:18 AM »
@Forza, any chance there'll be another Far East "Jamming" night? I'd definitely want to attend again if it happens haha.

N-Forza

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 11:26:24 AM »
If there is they haven't announced it yet. I'm sure there'll be something going on though.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 04:35:24 PM »
Just confirmed my travel dates and booked tickets. I will be in Tokyo from the 4th to the 11th of May. I'm looking for accommodations around the Oimachi area as it is nearer to Big sight and easier for me since I intend to cosplay at Reitaisai once again.

Edit: Booked hotel near Shinagawa seaside station 2 stops away from Kukosai Tenjijo Station (Rinkai line). Good god the hotels bookings are already thinning out. I'd recommend reserving your accommodation ASAP if you want to keep prices reasonable.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:47:05 AM by CenturyEgg »

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 06:44:20 PM »
I'm planning on showing up again, hopefully minus the jaundice this year! I'll be bringing a friend along though, and a lot of my Japanese friends like to plan stuff around reitaisai so I dunno if I'll be able to hang out much. I guess we'll see! I'll be at the event either way.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 05:49:50 PM »
Reitaisai visitor, circly entry again. You'll be finding me shouting THANK YOU VERY MUCH in Japanese 1458473 times at Warugaki & Ryuuichi's booth (come and say hi).

Some shenanigans beforehand as usual.

Other than that, personal travel plans. Will hit Tokyo probably around 5th of May.

I think I'll go again for Sunroute at Shimbashi for Reitaisai, but a bigger room than last year. The single economy room is VERY SMALL. There is barely room for luggage. Also spending one night at Warugaki I think in western side of Tokyo. (hour by train from centre he said)

CenturyEgg

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 02:14:43 AM »
@Hungrybookworm
Great to see you again! Hopefully this time there are more opportunities to meetup and interact outside of Reitaisai (The number of things to see at the convention sadly limits the chat time)

@Helepolis
Oooh Shimbashi, I'm planning to hit Tsukiji market (assuming it hasn't gone under for renovations) for breakfast at least once when I am in Tokyo. Care to join for breakfast/brunch? It is pretty near your place and the quality of food there is excellent for the price.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 07:58:23 AM by CenturyEgg »

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2017, 04:23:28 PM »
Once I get my schedule down I'll see if I can join up.

N-Forza

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2017, 03:09:09 AM »
I have it on good authority there will be another Touhou jazz concert the night before, although there won't be a formal announcement until details are finalized. I'll post it here when they are.

On the other hand, JAGMO is going to be having another Touhou performance on the 3rd, the Wednesday before the event. http://jagmo.jp/lp/yumemaboroshi/
I've already entered the lottery for the afternoon performance, but depending on the results I might try to get tickets for the other show if other people want to check it out but can only make it to the evening one.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »
Ahhhhhh I'll only arrive in Tokyo on the 4th... talk about bad luck. Defo will be aiming for the Jazz performance though. Maybe next time I should plan the trip time to encompass the entire of golden week so I don't miss out on other events I guess.

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 09:33:37 PM »
Visiting family in Asia one last time prior to graduate school, first Reitaisai. When do the catalogs typically become available?

N-Forza

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2017, 01:58:11 AM »
2-3 weeks before the event starts, but they sell them at the venue as well.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2017, 02:44:57 AM »
Update on the side of Reitaisai 14. For those who don't already know, the circle participants have been released!

http://reitaisai.com/rts14/?p=441

I expect the hall plan to be released in a bit so we can make battleplans, but for now, congratulations to all MOTKers who got their circle space! (As far as I know just Forza and Helepolis)

N-Forza

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 02:59:31 AM »
Ota from Unity-Gain finally announced details for Far East Jamming Night, the jazz concert the night before Reitaisai: https://twitter.com/nohta130/status/847467655661367297

For anyone who went last year, it'll be in the same cafe, starting at 6 pm. Let me know if you're interested and I'll make reservations.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 04:09:34 PM »
Hey Forza, can I get four for my side? Thanks in advance!

N-Forza

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 06:26:44 AM »
Including you, right? Sure, but I'll wait until closer to the end of the month before I make reservations.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2017, 08:45:19 AM »
Cool man! Thanks for your help haha

And someone has matched the circles to the layout for convenience.

http://www.green.dti.ne.jp/maisan/gensoukyou/image/2017_reitaisai14_map.pdf

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2017, 10:43:48 AM »
Hi there!

I'm presently living in Japan for some time (since last October, actually), and so I'd like to go as well!
But since I'm living in ?saka I'd also want to take the chance to sightsee around the capital.

How are your plans for meeting there? Is there anyone who is also coming for the first time and would also like to visit T?ky??

In any case, if I'm still in time, I also want to go to the jazz concert, @Forza!

... Even so, just today I found out that tickets are being sold since April 8th. I'll go to Melon Books in Den Den Town in ?saka tomorrow, I hope I'm not too late...

I also plan to visit Futaket, if anyone else is interested  :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 11:44:10 AM by Yukaris Glove »

N-Forza

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
I can still request to include you for the concert. They aren't actually selling tickets anywhere; it's small enough they handle it through e-mailing them.

I might be a little busy to show you around in the days leading up to Reitaisai, but if you'll be around afterwards for a day or two, I might be able to make something work.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2017, 03:32:49 PM »
Then please do so, about the concert I mean  ;) Thank you.

And no, it's a pity but I've to come back to Japanese classes in ?saka just right the next day  :ohdear: But thanks anyway!

CenturyEgg

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 02:24:08 AM »
6-7 MOTKers this round... sounds like we have a good number for dinner?

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 10:10:25 AM »
I'd certainly like to dinner with you folks too, even if I'm not an active user here at all. It's been so long since last time I could meet with T?h? fans in person.

Even so, I still don't know if I'm going to come back Sunday night or Monday morning.

EDIT: By the way, since this is my first time going, I've some basic questions, one being: I've heard that events like these are a "war" between attendees to get  really-limited material. But I think that's not the case with circles' CDs, right? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen some of the CDs that were released in the winter Comiket here in ?saka.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 10:21:59 AM by Yukaris Glove »

hungrybookworm

• Shipper On Board
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 02:16:30 PM »
EDIT: By the way, since this is my first time going, I've some basic questions, one being: I've heard that events like these are a "war" between attendees to get  really-limited material. But I think that's not the case with circles' CDs, right? Because I'm pretty sure I've seen some of the CDs that were released in the winter Comiket here in ?saka.
Getting to Team Shanghai Alice or Tasogare Frontier's booths (if they're selling a new touhou thing) before they sell out might be a challenge, but otherwise most popular circles bring enough stock to last a few hours into the event (in my experience, at least) and almost all of it is available in melonbooks or tora no ana afterwards. Popular doujin music groups especially seem to bring a lot with them. Last year I bought A-One's new CD on impulse in the last hour of the event, and they still had plenty of copies lying around, and Diao ye Zong still had a box or two of CDs left despite having a queue until the very end of the event. The ones you have to watch out for are the circles who only print 100 copies and don't put it in melonbooks etc afterwards, because sometimes they're more popular than they expect and sell out really quickly!

Talking of battle plans, I highly recommend this app to anyone currently planning their reitaisai swag routes. It lets you colour code the circles, has their names written in the spaces instead of just a number, and lets you print out the maps too. It is in Japanese and I think you need a twitter account to use it, but it's a life saver if you get lost all the time like me, lol.

« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2017, 03:23:55 PM »
Good to know, thanks!  :D I'll see if they have previews of the CDs in their respective websites whenever I've time.

N-Forza

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2017, 03:44:15 PM »
Dinner hadn't even crossed my mind, but we'll want to get a hard number (not to mention what people are in the mood for) before the end of April so we can make reservations.

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 02:25:02 AM »
I'd definitely like to attend the dinner and Jazz show. I will be on vacation in Tokyo from April 30th to May 11th. I'd be happy to meet up with anyone for sight-seeing, game centers, karaoke. and general shenanigans.

Forza has graciously helped me with printing music CDs and by selling them at his circle! I hope to have a crossfade video, SoundCloud, and some stickers to hand out ready before the end of next week.

CenturyEgg

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 04:16:38 AM »
Oh nice, I was wondering when you'd comment here haha! Reunion after a year yeahhhh!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 06:37:19 AM »
Unfortunately, I won't be attending dinner because I already have one with the shenanigans party planned weeks ago.